PDA

View Full Version : Car was attempted to be started with IFZ armed, how to unarm it?

gtmech
5th July, 2013, 07:13 AM
1995 Mercedes C220, all keys lost, car was locked with 1 Button Infra Red key, after losing keys the lady got into her car with spare (non remote key) and tried to start the car. Now all that happens is the Red and GREEN lights on rear view mirror flash alternately (Green then red then green then red.... etc). Got a new remote key made but because IFZ is locked it wont accept the new key so cant disarm the system. Anyone know how to disarm the IFZ when it wont accept a new key in this locked state? Its a non transponder key so car doesnt start either of course, the IFZ does everything, any ideas? thanks

sepistar
5th July, 2013, 03:08 PM
try like this:car with the spare key,2 times close-open(from driver door side) then quick turn the key in steering lock on position 2.hope now you have the key with immo syncron.
br.

vanos batam
5th July, 2013, 03:19 PM
1995 Mercedes C220, all keys lost, car was locked with 1 Button Infra Red key, after losing keys the lady got into her car with spare (non remote key) and tried to start the car. Now all that happens is the Red and GREEN lights on rear view mirror flash alternately (Green then red then green then red.... etc). Got a new remote key made but because IFZ is locked it wont accept the new key so cant disarm the system. Anyone know how to disarm the IFZ when it wont accept a new key in this locked state? Its a non transponder key so car doesnt start either of course, the IFZ does everything, any ideas? thanks

@gtmech
post your dump IFZ.
will do it

gtmech
5th July, 2013, 10:37 PM
@gtmech
post your dump IFZ.
will do it

here you go vanos

ninja123
5th July, 2013, 10:43 PM
dig up pass side floor panel under carpet to find immo ecu, there are 2 wires that you need to bridge, cant think which ones they are off the top of my head, but done sh!t loads of these - I will find out tomorrow and get back to you............

ninja

vanos batam
6th July, 2013, 02:06 AM
here you go vanos

hello
make sure the car without transponder

sorry with pass (pm) :joyous:

gtmech
6th July, 2013, 05:07 AM
hello
make sure the car without transponder

sorry with pass (pm) :joyous:

thanks alot vanos, your a legend!

ninja123
6th July, 2013, 06:51 AM
did vanos give you a different method or was it what I said?

ninja

gtmech
8th July, 2013, 06:51 AM
did vanos give you a different method or was it what I said?

ninja

yeh different method ninja. just unlocked IFZ.

Anyway problems are even bigger now, the IFZ has failed completely over the weekend (oh yeh it wouldnt start sometimes the owner now tells me, grrr) and car is dead again. Have sourced a used IFZ from another car with different mask OD62J so original dump cant be used which makes life more difficult, so anyone know how to synchronise this used IFZ to my Engine ECU? Its the VDO ecu with 24c01, please help! thanks