PDA

View Full Version : cant soft mod

partyzone
4th April, 2009, 04:54 PM
tried softmodding wii, have all software on sd card which i have used before and worked fine but now it wont let me copy twilight from sd to system.

the wii is showing version 4.0e does it have to be downgraded firrst?
if yes where would i find programme and how on doing it?

thanks
darren

DiddyDave
4th April, 2009, 05:13 PM
tried softmodding wii, have all software on sd card which i have used before and worked fine but now it wont let me copy twilight from sd to system.

the wii is showing version 4.0e does it have to be downgraded firrst?
if yes where would i find programme and how on doing it?

thanks
darren

SORRY you still need the Homebrew Channel installed so no there is now way for you at the moment but there will be soon they are working on some thing at the moment. Below is part of that.

If the Menu 4e update was via the Nintendo update service then you wont be able to install the twilight hack. There is another way but I can not confirm if it works or not.

If anyone wants to help out do this-- any menu version, HBC already installed, gecko not required:

1. temporarily rename the private folder on SD to something else, if you have one

2. download this file (http://qoid.us/aaa2.zip) and unzip it onto the root of the SD

3. go to the menu, data management (not SD menu if you're on 4.0)

4. go to channels, SD, ensure there is a channel with a blank banner titled "Ninja Gaiden"

5. return immediately to the menu using the back button (not the home button...), go to HBC, and launch it

6. download and run this (http://qoid.us/bah.dol). it will create a file on your SD with the title "report.txt". Email me a copy of it (comexk@gmail.com)

I hope this helps BUT beware it may not work....

partyzone
4th April, 2009, 05:20 PM
thx
will try this when go back to sisters, will get back to uof how i get on

the wii soft mod i have on sd card at moment i wiil just be able to copy that to my pc in a folder until needed again wont I?

thx

clickabashi
4th April, 2009, 05:22 PM
nice job.....

re.lax
4th April, 2009, 07:00 PM
hmm let us know if this works

shaqs77
4th April, 2009, 07:09 PM
did it work???