PDA

View Full Version : The box super usb(starview 4) or Kryptview the new arnet 750?

moey
4th April, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi guys i have just given up on my starview box 2.I need some advice on which box should i get next.Please could someone tell me in terms of performance,quality and easier to update (flush)and use which is better The box super usb or the new arnet 750? Could also someone advise on where to get the one they are recommending.
I would like to thank everyone in advance.

wilf
4th April, 2009, 08:41 PM
With the kryptview you will still have to flash the firmware with the null cable which i dont have any probs with but some others tend to and the sv4 with the usb stick, If you in the uk there is no difference with the which channels you will get they will be the same, if you in ireland you will get more channels with the kryptview as this box is still picking up all the channels. the kryptview support is not found with any other box it is 100% uk based so no waiting around for a fix, the firmware is released within a day after encryption. you will not switch the kryptview on one day just to find your favourite programme is not watchable as this box scans for channels whilst in standby, i have not lost any channels in about 2 years since having a kryptview

I just bought one here cheapest and next day deliivered http://www.tailor-madecircuits.com/shop/

cactikid
4th April, 2009, 09:36 PM
after this disaster in irl with no fix for euro,starview,digivox and maybe no fix to come people are getting pissed off as now u cant say a reliable box=backup and service.
and kryptview delivered both.

moey
5th April, 2009, 11:11 AM
Would i be better off going for the Kryptview 750 as i am in uk? Is the flash process easier than starview 4 ? The reason i ask is because i am not really good with Computers.Sorry about the hassle.

davegy
5th April, 2009, 03:19 PM
I am no computer whiz and knew nothing at all about updating cable boxes until I bought a Kryptview 750 a couple of weeks ago and joined this forum. I was worried because my laptop didn't have a serial port so I had to buy a usb to rs232 converter in addition to the null modem cable, but I needn't have worried as eveything went smoothly. I'm very happy with it, only complaint I have is that the epg never has any program information when I first switch on and after a while it can still be very patchy, not sure if thats how they all are or just mine.