PDA

View Full Version : Blade Quad Problems

budokan
27th May, 2008, 01:09 PM
I have just flashed this image (V4.0 28/04/08) to a Sagem x1 box and it boots up fine but I cannot find, anywhere in the menu structure, an option to allow me to

1) Scan for channels

2) Set the time

3) Edit or create bouquets

4) Access network settings to enable me to communicate with the box from my PC

Tried most options and followed the instructions re Gbox, etc. but without being able to connect to the box, I am stuck as to how to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated.

gizmo.1484
27th May, 2008, 01:39 PM
To scan channels press dbox > service menu > second one down channel scan
To edit bouquet press dbox > service menu > first one bouquet editor
Change network settings press dbox > settings menu > fourth one down network settings
You cannot change the time the dbox sets the time it self

If you cannot still find them try this press dbox > settings > personalization > settings > go down to network press ok until it says visible then go to back press ok then red button
then go to service same menu {personalization} turn service scan and bouquet editor to visible then do same as above now you should see them in the menu
Hope this helped

budokan
27th May, 2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Gizmo but I do not have any of those option on my blade menu!

When I press the blue button I get these options:

Blue button Blade settings menu

1) EPG-reset
2) Screen Clock on/off
3) EPG inof on/off (LCD)
4) Cable check (LCD)
5) Set my Location
6) Tuxbox Commander
etc....

If I go into the Blade settings menu, I get the following:

Red Deactivate LCD-EPG
Green LCD-EPG setup
Yellow Keys copy
Blue Keys options

1) UCode Selection
2) EMU Selection
3) EMU setting
4) Hardware Settings
5) Soft Standby settings

The procedure you describe is exactly what I was able to do with the original Sportster image so I was aware of it but I have none of the options available now.

Any thoughts

Budokan

<--budokan added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...-->

P.S.

LCD reads

<< ? >>
-No EPG -info-

don't know if this signifies anything

Devilfish
27th May, 2008, 08:18 PM
You press the DBOX button on the remote to access the options you want.

You won't get time until you do a channel scan.

Go into the blue button menu and 'set your location', reboot then do a channel scan.

budokan
27th May, 2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks devilfish but I have tried re-flashing it and the same thing happens.

I have set my location using option 5 from the Blade menu and rebooted but the same menus appear as described above i.e. no option to do a scan. Nowhere in the menus can I find anything relating to scans or network.

As a matter of interest I loaded the Commander image and the same thing happened - no scan option.

I can access tuxbox commander so do I need to copy something across from somewhere.

Failing this, can you point in the direction of the old sportster image (circa 2005) which worked before and, hopefully, might work again?

Thanks

Budokan

gizmo.1484
28th May, 2008, 12:31 PM
You are looking in the wrong menu you have to press the DBOX BUTTON not the blue button it should be under the colored buttons the middle one first row there you will find the menu that you need.

budokan
28th May, 2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks Gizmo

You and devilfish have saved a Dbox from the trashbin.

Don't know what came over me - never thought to press the dbox button - I had used it on the previous image - Duh.

Thanks again for all the help

Budokan