PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - How to download Iplayer to keep long term

sarac
8th July, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hi,
Sorry if this is covered in another thread but I can't find anything.
I am looking for a program that I can download to remove the DDRM / Time restriction on Iplayer downloads so that I can keep them long term - I am a teacher and want to use some of the programs long term but missed the start of them to be able to record them on my dvd recorder,

Preferable I would like a free program that is very simple to use - I have found Get iplayer lives but can't figure out how to install it / work it :disgust: - any help appreciated!:pcguru:

thanks very much

Sara

AirShowNut
8th August, 2013, 08:37 PM
The BBC has recently changed the iPhone iPlayer to use an HTTPS connection for part of the process. This requires the client to offer an Apple-signed client certificate as part of the connection. This has always been the case for the iPad version, but the iPhone change is new.

It seems until some bright spark figures a way, you can't :(

Kyle925
30th August, 2013, 01:16 AM
It can be done, open up the program and hit the download options button and select For Windows Media Player download the WMV file then use a software package like iSkySoft DRM Removal (or similar) (It's not free but do a Google search and you will find a torrent, ect) then open up the file in Windows Media Player and install the DRM content (if asked if it plays ok then thats fine) then open up iSkySoft for example and import the file select the ouput option and hit GO, you will have to wait the duration of the program for the DRM to be ripped, (As the DRM isent actually ripped the content is sort of screen recorded so avoid using the PC untill the process is complete) Also remeber that when you download the WMV you only have a 30 day window to view the file so make sure you rip the DRM in the time restriction. Then you will have a version of the file that is DRM free.