PDA

View Full Version : Skybox F3s - Anyone got this and is it better than the original F3?

Mysteriousguy
9th July, 2013, 10:47 AM
Hi Guys,

I notice there is a new verison of F3 out, F3s.
Anyone got this already, and if so, would you say it is better than the original F3? Same EPG or any better?

Thanks

wortho
9th July, 2013, 12:50 PM
think its just the same mate, latest skybox is the hd600 i think, but thats linux based

aliennet
10th August, 2013, 07:47 PM
Channel List & software are pretty much same as F3, what i like about this box is the external power supply, which allows the box to run a bit cooler and would be easier replaced, and also the bigger blue led display is easier to see (for me anyway) i think its a great little box for the price.

dj1891
10th August, 2013, 08:09 PM
I just got my F3S this week, never had an F3 so can't compare but did have an Openbox S9, for me I think my Openbox was quicker and getting around, the F3S feels a bit sluggish to me, moving around channel lists is a bit awkward also, I mean if I go into list select a channel I expect the channel list to go away and not have to hit exit. It all feels a bit cumbersome, but in fairness its a decent wee box, have had no freezing or any issues with it and I have played with it extensively. I love the Youtube feature and the nice bright display, HD output is also excellent.

digitalsingh
23rd October, 2013, 06:03 PM
I presume that EPG on this box (Skybox F3s) is "now & next" only?

inbed79
23rd October, 2013, 06:05 PM
yes now and next like all the skybox f's

mezzyg
23rd October, 2013, 06:08 PM
Stick to the f3. F3s is slow in channel change. Especially paid channels

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

bloto23
24th October, 2013, 03:00 PM
also some channels dont work, only sound coming and no picture.
For 28.2 for example baby tv and few other channels.
For 13.2 tvp2 hd, some xxx channels.

Also software has been reverted with functions to very first f3. Will not do proply blind sca vs F3/F5 (same software on both)
Sorting channels from A-Z will change them and will stay sorted vs to F3 where u use this options to sort out channel list it will not mess up channel line up and many many other problems :)

However front display in F3S looks nice, but the price of all those problems, I forgott to add that when u plug sometimes 2x F3S to the same dish and u try to use DISEQ will not work. with 1x fxS attached will work fine. BUt 2 FxS makes a troubles.

At the moment I say BIG NO for FxS series!!

DW190
24th October, 2013, 08:05 PM
I forgott to add that when u plug sometimes 2x F3S to the same dish and u try to use DISEQ will not work. with 1x fxS attached will work fine. BUt 2 FxS makes a troubles.!

Now we know why you have the username Bloto.

You cannot have 2 x boxes trying to move a dish in fifferent directions.

super jumbe
24th October, 2013, 08:30 PM
F3 the best F3s no p00rn yet!!!!!

bloto23
9th March, 2014, 11:51 PM
Now we know why you have the username Bloto.

You cannot have 2 x boxes trying to move a dish in fifferent directions.

??

What you saying, I swap those for dreambox, 2x dreambox via diseq - 13e/28.2e.

Working spot on. Each dreambox connected via own diseq to 13e and 28.2

If you dont know what is diseq and what is motor its your problem "DW190", I never said that I using motorised setup, just simple 2x diseq switch for 1 dish with 2 x quad lnb's on for 13e and 28.2e.

hahah.... that post make me .. hahha.