PDA

View Full Version : What tool to read/write the 1.2 TSI ECU in a NOV'2011 SEAT LEON ?

Tecno
11th July, 2013, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I need to read the ECU in a NOV'2011 1.2TSI 105hp SEAT LEON, what tool can I use to read it?

Most tuners I've went to, can't read it, they say only "virtual read" available, because it's not the same ECU as in other 1.2 TSI cars from other VAG group brands (VW POLO/GOLF, SKODA FABIA, etc...)

Any help?

If no tool available to read it, where can I get a relliable ORI file ? What ECU is in this car? And what tool can write it afterwards, when I have the tuned file?

Thanks for the help!

Best Regards
Tecno

quattrotr
11th July, 2013, 04:23 PM
You can try with an euro FGtech2 V54 clone.

filecloud
11th July, 2013, 05:36 PM
That simply means that all Tuners you have asked are not using legal Tools! Original KESS V2 does a virtual read from the server and then you have the file. And legal Kess can also write the file afterwards.

Tecno
11th July, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hi, I will try to answer by parts:

1- Does this later Galleto interface really support this Ecu?
Are there differences between euro and other clones? If so, who are the reliable euro suppliers? Websites?
How to know if a clone is trully "european" one?

And which ECU is in this specific car?

2- the tuners I went to, have original kess, but back then, there was no real-time virtual read available from Alientech for this Ecu!

That being said, I don't want this topic to become a flame war between original and cloned equipment supporters.

I only need real help. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards

Overtune
14th September, 2013, 03:01 PM
FGTECH with software December 2012 and on can do this ecu. Can't read, but sure can write. If you need ori files for your ecu's please convert vas sgo files with swiftec or buy from a tuning company.

Tecno
14th September, 2013, 04:26 PM
FGTECH with software December 2012 and on can do this ecu. Can't read, but sure can write. If you need ori files for your ecu's please convert vas sgo files with swiftec or buy from a tuning company.

Does it write by OBD or boot mode only? Have you personally tested it, with these ecus?

Also, can it id the ecu by obd?

Thanks for all the help!