PDA

View Full Version : Ford Visteon DPC 80X thypes reading and booting

quattrotr
12th July, 2013, 09:20 AM
I had several older Ford's fitted with these Visteon DPC 805-806-808 ECU's. OBD did not work with several tools, for booting I got this Byteshooter photo however since I don't have this adapter I can't use it. Those ECU's don't have an external flash so solder&programmer option does not work. Tried on bench with manuel wiring did not work too.. Any one knows how to put these units into boot mode and has a pin layout for read&programming them? Thanks

quattrotr
14th July, 2013, 01:36 PM
No one has info about booting these units?

easytech
14th July, 2013, 10:15 PM
I'm also struggeling with these older cars.
This shop sells the interface for a 100GPB so may worth a try?

Chiptuningshop | Chip Tuning Tools ? Chiptuning Tools & Equipment Sales (http://www.chiptuningshop.co.uk/)

quattrotr
15th July, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yes saw that adapter but if we know what pins of this back adapter is 12V/ground and Kline or CANBUS we can make the connection manually too...

easytech
15th July, 2013, 05:47 PM
I think it is K-line, but on the connector I expect Rx and Tx, these are maybe the 2 bridges you have to make.
I still looking for an ECU from the scrapyard to test one and the other.

vaggelis00
28th November, 2019, 07:54 AM
hello anyone has solution how to read this using ktag? or other way?

tomanycars
2nd June, 2021, 07:08 PM
i thought id let you all know i have successfully been about to communicate with the dpc-806 via the j3 port. with an genuine xprog. but i do not know how to spot the IMMO information all i have managed to do is dump the mcu.