PDA

View Full Version : Newbie advice needed 'the box super usb'

robor
6th April, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hi peeps, am new here and just purchased a 'the box super usb' and uploaded a firmware 1.09 but the thing is I am located in the UK !!
Should I be using firmware 1.07 ?? have I broken the box by doing this (I tried a factory re-set but it's still 1.09).

Which firmware should I be using in the UK for FTA (ahem) firmware / channels !

jckw
6th April, 2009, 02:49 PM
Hi peeps, am new here and just purchased a 'the box super usb' and uploaded a firmware 1.09 but the thing is I am located in the UK !!
Should I be using firmware 1.07 ?? have I broken the box by doing this (I tried a factory re-set but it's still 1.09).

hiya m8 use 1.07 then factory reset then turn on emu and rescan

robor
6th April, 2009, 02:52 PM
Darn it ! can't download the 1.07 as I am a newbie ! will post some more somewhere else :(, but how do you turn on emu ? will it be in the menu after 1.07 upload ?

camelv
6th April, 2009, 02:54 PM

remember the emu is called keycode on the starview 4 usb m8 and make sure box is switched off at the back when inserting and removing usb drive.

jckw
6th April, 2009, 02:55 PM
Darn it ! can't download the 1.07 as I am a newbie ! will post some more somewhere else :(, but how do you turn on emu ? will it be in the menu after 1.07 upload ?
first it takes about 15 mins or so to activate ur account after first post then once u have flashed ur box press menu then the numbers 1570 to secret menu make sure keycode turned on there and scan for channels as normal under ur service provider

camelv
6th April, 2009, 02:56 PM

have a read through this tutorial before you do any thing else m8.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)

jckw
6th April, 2009, 02:58 PM
have a read through this tutorial before you do any thing else m8.
Digital Kaos - Downloads - Tutorial for setting up starview 4 super usb (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/starview/23/tutorial-setting-up-starview-4-super-usb-580/)
cheers m8 i forgot that one