PDA

View Full Version : trees

Lainie
15th July, 2013, 07:45 PM
is there anything i can do (apart from start a fire) to kill trees.

the auld bassa's next door are now affecting the fence. if they keep growing it will fall apart so i wanna kill his trees. (he really is an auld ****er). any advice please.

PremierD
15th July, 2013, 07:49 PM
Hammer a few copper nails into the trunk low down ... should do the trick

cactikid
15th July, 2013, 08:00 PM
i tried a similar idea using 1/2 copper pipe drilled a few holes around 4 inches deep and hammered in the copper pipe,20 yrs later the bugger is still growing lol.

Lainie
15th July, 2013, 08:11 PM
i cant get into his garden. even though we are terraced accommodation he built a wooden extension with a plastic corrugated roof (no kidding) years ago. his garden is worse than a jungle. we have lobbed down most of the branches that come over to our garden but not all of them. we got a new back lawn laid last year and now the overhanging branches are affecting that. these trees are as high as the house. our gutters are also clogged up - his have bushes growing out of them!!

this is the man that dont forget is not happy with his own disabled parking bay - he has to put the front of his car in mine!!!

GastonJ
15th July, 2013, 09:43 PM
Give them a dose of Dutch elm or if oak find some Agrilus biguttatus

thered
17th July, 2013, 06:16 PM
Not sure if copper nails work, its mentioned by a quite a few people but not sure if its an old wives tail, as people who have tried it found the trees still growing over the nails, pretty sure copper is used to protect trees from fungus and stuff too

One way that works is drill a hole or two into centre of tree, get a litres or 3 of diesel and a piece of tube smaller than drilled hole from diesel to inside tree

Nature will feed itself the diesel by capillary action and die

ontherack
17th July, 2013, 06:34 PM
think its against the law to kill trees on someone else's property, contact local council and complain that trees are causing damage etc.......

PremierD
17th July, 2013, 06:36 PM
Of course it is .. but ...tree .... neighbor ... tree.... neighbor ..**** it tree lol

GastonJ
17th July, 2013, 09:06 PM
Maybe it is, but is it illegal to feed a tree root, in your garden, diesel?....... You weren't to know that the roots would grow into a small pit that you filled with diesel :) After all the roots shouldn't be in your garden lol

Lainie
20th July, 2013, 09:01 PM
thanks guys but none of the above would work. as i said cant get near to the bottom of the trees. its an 8 ft high fence and me wee legs cannae get over that lol. it was actually him that put up this wooden fence years ago as he is para about privacy. he has cameras all over the bloody place! god knows why as the place is a midden to put it politely. we will need to pay someone to fix guttering and hopefully that will be one thing sorted. i will try and take pics and put them on here. no one in the street talks to this man and he caused parking problems for years by parking on the other side of the road from everybody else taking up 3 spaces as its a narrow street. he applied for disabled space outside our front garden but we objected and he got on across the road. i then got one next to his and he parks over my line all the time!!! ive never known anyone like him in my life.