PDA

View Full Version : Looking to purchase an Openmedia STB.

morashid679
6th April, 2009, 06:45 PM
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at the openmedia sat and cable box all in one.

but I have a few questions before I purchase the product.

Can I connect a standard sky dish to the box and receive all the FTA channels with no problem provided I have the right image installed and can I use the box for cable and sat or does it have to be either.

I know there is a switch to change from one to another but say for instance I was watching cable and decided to watch sat, Do I just flick the switch then watch as normal?

Is there a way to connect a HDD to record your programs USB or otherwise?

Thanks for any advice in this matter.

DJSimo
6th April, 2009, 09:32 PM
Can I connect a standard sky dish to the box and receive all the FTA channels with no problem provided I have the right image installed and can I use the box for cable and sat or does it have to be either.

I know there is a switch to change from one to another but say for instance I was watching cable and decided to watch sat, Do I just flick the switch then watch as normal?

Is there a way to connect a HDD to record your programs USB or otherwise?

Thanks for any advice in this matter.

Yes Will work on standard sky dish for FTA channels, and with the right Sofware CAM installed you can even put an original paid SKY card in it.

you can use it for both Sat and Cable,

To change between sat and cable you pull the mains lead out flick switch and plug mains lead back in.

you can set it to record via your LAN to record on PC Hard drive.

Want to know anymore just ask!!!!

Billohaley
7th April, 2009, 01:18 PM
hi
im also looking for a dual box and was wondering about the updates are they fully available? also can you connect to the internet to get updates automaticly or do you have to input yourself?

Regards

DJSimo
7th April, 2009, 01:20 PM
hi
im also looking for a dual box and was wondering about the updates are they fully available? also can you connect to the internet to get updates automaticly or do you have to input yourself?

Regards

All updates are the same as Dreambox 500 updates, as it is same box, if you get the right image it should have a plugin to get updates directly from net.