PDA

View Full Version : Unable to flash Vu+ Duo by USB

blackgator
17th July, 2013, 02:21 PM
Just received a Vu+ Duo from china, v3.2.
Have tried flashing a new image to it but won't work.
I've extracted image and put it in root folder of usb memory stick in vuplus/duo folders.
When I switch on box it doesn't flash. Tried a few images and 2 different usb devices. Same issue.
Box is running latest Blackhole image at the minute.
I have set up openbox m3 before and dm500s but really struggling with this one.
Any advise would be great.

(also having issue with configuring tuner. I select Single Tuner but it says "nothing connected" and I cannot select anything else)

digicon
17th July, 2013, 06:54 PM
Have you tried all available USB ports on the receiver

blackgator
17th July, 2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, front port and 2 rear ports. No change.

cactikid
17th July, 2013, 07:17 PM
try a few more formatted usb sticks,i even had issues with my original.

digicon
17th July, 2013, 07:21 PM
Try Cactikid's suggestion as i have seen problems with some sticks and other sticks work no problem if that does not work you may have to flash it via the Serial port

blackgator
17th July, 2013, 07:23 PM
Okay, I'll try another usb stick. Any u recommend?
Don't have serial port on laptop, just usb to serial adapter and I heard they can cause issues.
I,ll try another usb stick and let u know.

DOUGALMCD
17th July, 2013, 09:21 PM
When you highlight nothing connected does it not scroll left to right?
It would be a good idea for you to do a full image back up by ftp or via usb as well before you start messing around with box.
Most usb sticks work assuming you format them first your probably better with flashing usb as you can tell what it's doing rather than guess.

blackgator
17th July, 2013, 10:05 PM
Got sandisk usb stick an flash worked.
Can anyone suggest an image for me. Not sure which is best.
Also, how to i check if I need to install the secret file thingy with the null modem cable and adapter. Back of box states v3.2.

Big thanks so far guys. Appreciate it.

digicon
18th July, 2013, 12:57 AM
If its a Ferrari 3.2 version then in theory it should be able to handle any of the latest images available take your pick from Blackhole,Vix,OpenAAF,OpenPLI etc...

gji25
18th July, 2013, 04:04 PM
Kingston flash or Toshiba flash sticks work ok for me. open pli image seems to be the best image ive tried on a original vu+ duo

tomhick024
27th August, 2013, 09:11 PM
Well Shxt anyway,
I have a similar problem but my Vu+DUO is stuck in some sort of loop, cannot flash with usb- tried loading the latest image first and then tried boot loader but box will not read usb. it goes straight to starting on display, then, VU+ duo appears. then displays the history channel.. no picture and pressing any button on the remote just brings up the info channel bar at bottom of screen.
I disconnected hard drive and made no diff. I can connect with DCC. is there any way to do full flash with DCC - afraid to go messing in case I really fxxk it up without checking in here first?
Tom

tomhick024
27th August, 2013, 10:35 PM
eventually it read the usb , didn't do anything diff to what I had tried,, maybe it over heated or something,, stumped!!