PDA

View Full Version : IAW 5AMHW 610 (Ducati) coils inverted!!

M999
17th July, 2013, 03:47 PM
Hi!!

Today I was plaiyng with a Marelli IAW5AMHW610 and my MPPS. It was not the first time and before today all the operations were OK (read/write, cecksum, etc.).
So, I wrote a map for a Hypermotard 1100 Ducati. Bike doesn't start... engine turns but wuldn't start. I start with a dignosis (using VDSTS from Technoresearch): there were non error in the ECU, but when I try to test the coils I had a surprise!! Coils command where inverted: vertical instead horizontal. I inverted the spark plugs and the engine starts :eek:.
I try to re-write the old map, but the result was the same.

The file I wrote in the ECU, of course, was super-tested in the past and used on other ECUs with no problems.

How it is possible? Is there a way to bring the ecu to a "virgin status" with no controls inside the flash and the e2p so I can rewrite and restore it?

This is the file I wrote in the ECU:

Thanks in advance

M999

bobolin4o
19th July, 2013, 01:15 PM
I would not puzzling why ...
I'll just swap two wires for the coils in the connector on the controller.
I know that is not professional, but sometimes you have to improvise ...
Cheers!

M999
22nd July, 2013, 10:34 AM
Yes, this is an "hardware" solution :joyous:

But I would like to go back to a standard situation. I think that the coils controller is in the e2p area of the software that I downloaded using MPPS (the first 4000 address of the map). Probably there is a bug during the upload of the map in the ECU and there is a "wrong correction" of this area.

Do you know a way to bring back this ECU to a virgin status, with no software inside (also in the flash and in the e2p)?

Thanks!

M999

bobolin4o
22nd July, 2013, 02:36 PM
Personally, I don't know how... sorry!