PDA

View Full Version : planning application

cablefreejunkie
18th July, 2013, 09:57 AM
hello peeps,,im needing the knowledge of someone whos up on planning applications etc,,,basically my neighbour is submitting plans for a double story extension,the house is already extended single story but now shes submitting plans for a double,,,basically its on my left side as i look out and will completely block the light on that side,,,,i got a couple of questions
1...whats the realistic chances of me getting it stopped ?
2...would this affect the value of my property ?
3...how much have the planning laws been relaxed ? ive tried to do some research but cant get definitive answers
also about a year ago i had someone come round to see about me getting a single story extension on the back of my property,while he was here i mentioned double story he basically said youve got no chance as this will block light on both sides
im hearing all these storys that you dont need planning etc etc and that you can do what you like to a certain extent
anyway if anybody on here can help me out i would be much appreciated

adedave
19th July, 2013, 05:07 PM
have a look on here the planning portal
Planning Portal - The UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource (http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/wps/portal/portalhome/unauthenticatedhome/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjtxBnJydDRwMLbzdLA0 9nSw_zsKBAIwN3U_1wkA6zeHMXS4gKd29TRwNPI0s3b2e_AGMD AwOIvAEO4Gig7-eRn5uqX5CdneboqKgIAGUwqho!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/)

cablefreejunkie
20th July, 2013, 02:20 PM
have a look on here the planning portal
Planning Portal - The UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource (http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/wps/portal/portalhome/unauthenticatedhome/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjtxBnJydDRwMLbzdLA0 9nSw_zsKBAIwN3U_1wkA6zeHMXS4gKd29TRwNPI0s3b2e_AGMD AwOIvAEO4Gig7-eRn5uqX5CdneboqKgIAGUwqho!/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/)
Thanks for the link,will have a read through

binary
24th July, 2013, 08:32 PM
If you've been in your property over 10 year my understanding is You should have "a right to light" the other question would be when asking planning is "what would be the maximum % of footprint you can expand it use to be something like 30% ..i.e. 1000sqft can be increase to 1300sqft and you do need planning !!! and building control