PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ronaldo121
10th March, 2008, 02:06 AM
Just keep all stuff concerning the reds in here!

ronaldo121
10th March, 2008, 02:08 AM
ir Alex Ferguson is almost certain to face a disciplinary charge from the Football Association after his criticisms of the referee, Martin Atkinson, turned into a rant against Keith Hackett, the man in charge of the Professional Game Match Officials Board.

Carlos Queiroz, the No2, is also likely to be charged after describing Atkinson as a "robber" and insisting that a new rule should be introduced allowing referees to be replaced during games. "I feel sorry that the game has moved to the situation where referees deserve red cards," he said. "This referee deserves somebody to come to the side of the pitch after five minutes, give him a red card and pull him out of the game. That is my opinion of this robber."

Source: The Guardian
(http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2263857,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=5)

The comments from Carlos Queiroz are funny lol 'robber'

violentj
10th March, 2008, 12:27 PM
lol been here 2 mins and already starting a scu.... err man u thread

id do the same for leeds but i think theres only me and thommo whod post in it

ronaldo121
1st April, 2008, 01:08 AM
big game against Roma can't wait for it i predict a close contest here but should be interesting as Roma are a much improved side!

ice2004
1st April, 2008, 01:12 AM
Roma was gonna be a tight game till Totti was ruled out and in my opinion thats game over. Man Utd shouldn't have any problems now apart from complacency.

il say Roma 1-2 Man Utd

ronaldo121
1st April, 2008, 01:35 AM
come on ice their not a one man show and have done well without Totti but like you say we should get through but Roma are unpredictable (just ask Real Madrid lol)

ice2004
1st April, 2008, 01:45 AM
come on ice their not a one man show and have done well without Totti but like you say we should get through but Roma are unpredictable (just ask Real Madrid lol)

lol yeah they were outstanding against Real. Yeah theyre not a one man show but Totti is like Man Utd & Ronaldo (not quite i know :p) but Totti is Roma.

Hes capable of that bit of magic or that bit of experience and i just dont see them as much of a threat without him.

davidharvey75
1st April, 2008, 08:53 AM
Being a Madrid fan i have to say that i thought Totti was pretty poor against Madrid. So i don't think they are just a one man show, but i still think Man Utd can win the tie at Old Trafford no matter the score in Rome.

davidharvey75
1st April, 2008, 09:36 PM
Great win for Man Utd. Maybe i was wrong about Totti. Cause i don't think Roma really turned up. But i had both Rooney and Ronaldo in my Uefa fantasy footy so i'm happy!

ice2004
1st April, 2008, 10:07 PM
Roma blow hot and cold usually, but Totti is there main player and without him they just aren't as big a threat going forward.

Game over!

ronaldo121
1st April, 2008, 10:34 PM
good result in the end for us and thats what counts but in terms of the performance it was okay but i reckon we are capable of much better.

Only bad thing was Vidic getting injured i hope its nothing too serious as he is a tremendous player and one that we need.

Rio was absolutely on top of his game today at the back he was calm yet assuring!

shortyball
2nd April, 2008, 08:32 AM
Utd took the pressure well i think, Rio was outstanding.
Park i think played really well considering his absence due to injury.

But they were lucky roma did seem lost without totti even he is playing bad he makes others play well as draws alot of attention.
But mancini and de rossi were shocking, rossi was more bothered about hurting ronaldo than playing.
If they play like that at old trafford they will get hammered. AGAIN>
Good game to watch though,

biffo1
2nd April, 2008, 10:50 AM
Pure Quality thats all i can say , Man U did a proffessional job last night , and i apect them to beat Roma in the next leg @ old Traffard ,

aftermath
2nd April, 2008, 01:06 PM
I am still waiting for man utd to hit form, lol.

If they can play to their best, then i cant see them getting beat in the champions league.

Ronaldo took his goal well, Brave header.
Ferdinand was solid at the back,

but a nice team effort for me, cant pick out any individual.

ice2004
3rd April, 2008, 12:00 PM
Manchester United centre-back Nemanja Vidic will be out for two to three weeks, the club have confirmed.

Vidic, had a second scan on his injured left knee to determine the full extent of the damage caused on Tuesday.

The 26-year-old fell awkwardly in the first half of the 2-0 win over Roma and had to be replaced by John O'Shea.

It had been feared that the Serbian defender could have been ruled out for the season but United have confirmed Vidic should return within three weeks.

"There is no major damage to left knee, and he will be out for 2-3 weeks." said a United spokesman.

Vidic is set to miss key games with Arsenal in the Premier League and Roma in the Champions League quarter-final second leg.

The Serbian defender could also miss a potential semi-final first leg with either Barcelona or Schalke should United qualify.

But he would hope to be fit for the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge on 26 April and the second-leg of a potential Champions League tie.

Vidic has formed a superb partnership with Rio Ferdinand at the heart of defence and has been a key part of United's chase for a Premier League and Champions League double.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7325791.stm

davidharvey75
3rd April, 2008, 09:51 PM
Even with Vidic out, i still think they are set out okay at the back to cover for a couple of weeks. If the midfield hold firm then Rooney and Ronaldo will do the rest.

shortyball
7th April, 2008, 11:03 AM
they have to rely on pique now ferdinand could miss out the midweek game. Should be an interesting game against roma.

davidharvey75
9th April, 2008, 08:26 AM
Does make it more interesting with Ferdinand out aswell, so i think there might be a few goals tonight, but Man Utd will be playing Barca in the Semi's.

aftermath
9th April, 2008, 08:30 AM
" copy and pasted from official man utd web site "

Rio boost for Reds

United have been boosted by the news that Rio Ferdinand could be fit to face Roma in Wednesday's Champions League quarter-final second leg at Old Trafford.

Ferdinand limped out of Sunday's 2-2 draw at Middlesbrough, but a scan on Monday confirmed he had not suffered a broken foot. Rio missed training on Tuesday morning to have treatment on the injury, prompting suggestions that he would not be fit to face the Italians.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson says the influential centre-back is still in contention as United look to capitalise on a 2-0 first-leg win and book a place in the semi finals.

?We hope he is going to play,? said the Reds boss. ?His scan was clear, which is good news. We hope that we can get him fit for the game."

Ferdinand will undergo a fitness test on Wednesday morning, when the decision will be taken whether to play the 29-year-old. Sir Alex added: ?The players report to us at 11 o?clock on Wednesday morning, so he will have to do something then.?

There was further good news as the United manager revealed that Gary Neville and Mikael Silvestre will both be involved in the squad, with one perhaps making the starting line-up.

tony30uk
9th April, 2008, 01:49 PM
hope he gets fit as a sunderland fan i dont want johnny evans to be recalled !

trimster
10th April, 2008, 10:28 AM
Great performance last night Owen Hargreaves was a revelation bombing down the right.......gives AF another great option.

bandler
10th April, 2008, 02:17 PM
superb!!! united!!!

the-viewer
10th April, 2008, 08:36 PM
I want liverpool to beat chelski in the semis,then the devils to spank then in in final..that will make me day,As we got done by a penalty,which should have not been..

ash1809
12th April, 2008, 11:45 PM
Man Utd - Arsenal tomorrow who's gonna win? Come on you reds !!!!!

cantona7
13th April, 2008, 08:55 AM
UTD TIL I DIE
STUFF THE GOONERS TODAY WILL MAKE MY YEAR (AND END THEIR SEASON)
THEN WIN THE LEAGUE AT SCUMFORD BRIDGE:elefant::dancing:

cantona7
13th April, 2008, 09:50 PM
HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO END THE GOONERS SEASON FOR THEM SO EARLY IN THE SEASON SHAME
FERGIES ARMY:elefant::dancing:

benmnotts
14th April, 2008, 09:53 AM
great result yesterday we beat chealsea away and its another title for the best team on the planet

the-viewer
14th April, 2008, 10:31 AM
UTD TIL I DIE
STUFF THE GOONERS TODAY WILL MAKE MY YEAR (AND END THEIR SEASON)
THEN WIN THE LEAGUE AT SCUMFORD BRIDGE:elefant::dancing:You didn't excatly stuff us did you!..
In fact the show was run by the Arsenal..O.k dogey penalty..(ball to hand )yes letter of the law penalty..yes the free kick was brillantly taken..Yes you ended our season...I do hope you lift the title now,as I wouldn't want chelski to win it..
Im not bitter,and 3 years without a trophey is not good enough for a club our size...
If we can just get 3-4 quality players in the summer to add to our squad,then we could give united a good run for the money....

Enjoy it fellas,you do deserve the title now,as our challange faded all to quickly at the end..

davidharvey75
14th April, 2008, 10:51 AM
Don't worry the-viewer, Real Madrid will take Ronaldo off United's hands for 3 billion or something like that, which will then allow Sir Alex to go and buy 10 Younger better than Ronaldo's who in their first season will have tons of skill but will lack that final pass or goal scoring form. Which will allow Arsenal and Chelsea to battle it out for a season. Then all the young better Ronaldo's will hit top form and score 40 goals a season each and have the title wrapped up by christmas!!
Come to think on it, it's not looking much better for you the-viewer is it.

Oh well i'm an Aberdeen fan and we got pumped 4-3 buy Queen of the South.

the-viewer
14th April, 2008, 11:17 AM
Don't worry the-viewer, Real Madrid will take Ronaldo off United's hands for 3 billion or something like that, which will then allow Sir Alex to go and buy 10 Younger better than Ronaldo's who in their first season will have tons of skill but will lack that final pass or goal scoring form. Which will allow Arsenal and Chelsea to battle it out for a season. Then all the young better Ronaldo's will hit top form and score 40 goals a season each and have the title wrapped up by christmas!!
Come to think on it, it's not looking much better for you the-viewer is it.

Oh well i'm an Aberdeen fan and we got pumped 4-3 buy Queen of the South.Oh well at least we can both sulk in our self pity,May be we should have a sticky,with the title I well down in the brown stuff,and the weekend didn't get any better.....lol...

shortyball
14th April, 2008, 01:13 PM
yea i think it will be close to a billion, when or if he ever goes it will be record breaking. Especially if he keep his form.
Chelsea will be a walk over and then its in the bag.
Then those two lyon guys will join utd and will be unstoppable again next year.

cantona7
14th April, 2008, 07:06 PM
You didn't excatly stuff us did you!..
In fact the show was run by the Arsenal..O.k dogey penalty..(ball to hand )yes letter of the law penalty..yes the free kick was brillantly taken..Yes you ended our season...I do hope you lift the title now,as I wouldn't want chelski to win it..
Im not bitter,and 3 years without a trophey is not good enough for a club our size...
If we can just get 3-4 quality players in the summer to add to our squad,then we could give united a good run for the money....

Enjoy it fellas,you do deserve the title now,as our challange faded all to quickly at the end..

fair enough it was not a stuffing but very enjoyable all the same
come on the mighty wigan do it for me tonite please boys
fergies army:elefant::dancing:

drsooty
14th April, 2008, 07:48 PM
viva ronaldo.. what a performance against Arsenal! Arsene is screwing!

biffo1
17th April, 2008, 03:14 PM
Some great clips of Ronaldo showing off his skills Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZyeoKr9kG0&feature=related)

regionfree
17th April, 2008, 04:52 PM
some great vids there mate.great skills

aftermath
20th April, 2008, 11:05 AM
Another day of frustrating football i am afraid.

I thought we battered Blackburn with possession but at the main 2 parts of the pitch we lacked concentration , at the back we were all over the place and looks like we stopped talking to each other. And up front we missed too many chances again.

Deffo... should have got at least 1 penalty. ( blatant hand ball ) .

1-1 is not the end of it though, we can lose at Chelsea and win out last 2 games, and we still win the league.

Or better still we could beat Chelsea, then just need a draw out of the last 2 games.

Its getting very tight now at the top, and i really thought it would have been Arsenal there, fighting us and not Chelsea, as they have been a very dull and boring team this season but seem to grind out the results.

Jaffa
20th April, 2008, 11:42 AM
Thought you lot got out of jail free yesterday, dont get me wrong, you wouldnt have deserved to get beat and Friedel was excellent but you left it very late. Should have been a penalty for the handball though but they other 2 that Fergie thinks were penalties was being a wee bit bias. Shrek was very lucky to stay on the pitch, that was a bad tackle and he was ranting at ref and lineo and eff all happened. If he had got sent off then I think it would have made it harder for you next week but no way can I see Chelsea beating you next week, I thought you were being kind there Steve saying they are a bit dull this season...they are boring as hell, even their own fans say that.

shortyball
23rd April, 2008, 05:04 PM
chelsea need to sell its players that aernt needed cut back on the bills, and starting building a squad not buying one. Frank riijkard is the man for the job.

merchant22
27th April, 2008, 09:40 AM
gutted about yesterday lads 5 mins to go as well so what about tuesday then

Jedi-jakeyboy
27th April, 2008, 08:27 PM
chelsea need to sell its players that aernt needed cut back on the bills, and starting building a squad not buying one. Frank riijkard is the man for the job.

I agree m8...

Great result against Man u.... (best team won) :rofl:

shortyball
30th April, 2008, 09:34 AM
Bumped.....

Just to say it was a great game to watch last night, every player really earned there place.
Tevez and park were outstanding.

masterblaster
4th May, 2008, 06:29 PM
well i am a big RED fan myself i think we will get 1 over chelsea in moscow we will the champions again

charrism
11th May, 2008, 05:30 AM
Go Man u! Title day today

ozfromcuba
11th May, 2008, 10:08 AM
Go Man u! Title day today

yes mate you should win easy today

Jaffa
11th May, 2008, 11:25 AM
I think it will be a big let down for those thinking it will be really tense, I predict Utd having it sewn up by halftime...I hope I am wrong though, not because I want Utd to lose...just so it is exciting right to the end....I dont care who wins.

mini-moog
11th May, 2008, 12:51 PM
personally i hope united do have it tied up by half time. wigan might just be able to raise their game enough to make it tricky...

mini-moog
11th May, 2008, 03:52 PM
united 1-0 up at half time, but lucky not to have given away a penalty and have scholes sent off.

rudeboi786
11th May, 2008, 05:46 PM
i support Man Utd people they every good player, keep it up

biffo1
11th May, 2008, 06:13 PM
Well Man u carried Home the trophey again , well done to the Reds and lets hope we have the same against Chelsea

mogwai
12th May, 2008, 08:17 AM
Champions !!!

davidharvey75
12th May, 2008, 09:52 AM
Well done guys, just sell us Ronaldo for ?80m and i'll be happy. Only kidding.

robbo7
12th May, 2008, 10:24 AM
yes mate you should win easy today

It wasn't easy, we rode our luck a bit, but i think we deserved the title in the end, well done to chelsea though, they took it all the way.

hunteru
13th May, 2008, 08:54 PM
what odds are united to retain the prem next season

JamesieM
15th May, 2008, 07:48 PM
Not sure if any of you boys are based in Manchester but I'm just back after watching Rangers in the COM stadium (got a ticket).

Had a great time and met some brilliant people in the street, shops, pubs and the police too (even canal st made an effort for us!).

Big apologies about the state of some of our fans, they're not representative of RFC. My head just sinks when I saw the footage on TV.

I had a great time in the city but I don't think it was ready for the number who turned up.

Great city and brilliant time ruined by a few chavs that don't even follow football normally. Sorry the beamback is cancelled now in the city....a brilliant achievement of our club to get to the final now ruined by the mindless.

Thanks for a great time from the majority of rangers fans.

Danzer
17th May, 2008, 07:04 PM
champions league final i predict manutd 2 - 1 chelsea

cantona7
6th August, 2008, 06:05 AM
cmon fellow reds lets get this thread up and running again where it should be at the top
new season about to kick off,we've not had a bad pre season so lets get banter going:manusign::manuflag:

The Strangler
6th August, 2008, 10:06 AM
Went to Ole's testimonial on Saturday and think he deserved much more than having it tagged onto some meaningless, pre season friendly. The man is a legend who has shown more loyalty to Utd than any other player there (think on Ronaldo) and he should have had an all star game set up for him. Why they couldnt have got some of the 99 squad to put on their boots and put them up against the first team I'll never know. Instead they bring Schmeichel out before the match for a quick interview and then Teddy at half time. I think even Keano would have been willing to lace them up one more time for Ole. Still, what can you expect from the Glaziers, They knew that they would never sell that many tickets for two games in a week thats why they are bringing the trophies out on Wednesday against Juve. Speaking of the trophies, did anybody know that while Rooney and some of the others, were contracting a virus in Africa, playing the second match in 24 hours, so Glazier could make a million quid, Utd were also on a tour of Asia. There wern't any Utd players there, just the trophies and a couple of Utd staff. Anything to make a buck eh! Well, thats my rant over for the time being. LOVE UTD HATE GLAZIER.

cantona7
6th August, 2008, 03:09 PM
didnt go up for oles testimonial long way to go for a freindly,couldnt agree more it should have been a proper testimonial with an allstar team,but like ya say we,re to busy in africa trying to sell shirts and giving half of team gut rot
as for ronaldo!!!if he dont want to wear the shirt then f*ck him he dont deserve to wear it(greatist footballer in the world or not)

bubumt
7th August, 2008, 10:51 PM
we all 8 leeds scum
we all 8 leeds scum
da da da
da da da

cantona7
8th August, 2008, 05:46 AM
well looks like ronnie is staying
not sure how i feel about that,on one hand hes an awesome footballer
on the other hand im pissed after what he has both said and not said over the summer !!!!
lets just hope for a good season

:manusign:

.: JaCkPoT :.
8th August, 2008, 03:37 PM
if ronaldo cant steady his brain towards manchester united then how can u ever call him the best player for united, he either goes or he doesnt.
up the gunners.

cantona7
8th August, 2008, 09:53 PM
well apparently he is staying,which as a fickle footy fan the minute hes playing well for us again ill forget this summers misdemeaners(just as i did after winking episode)
but lets face it all is not well in asshole wengers camp is it (adebayour only stayed cause no one else wanted the use less tw*t)
still have you needed to find key to trophy room since ya moved in to emirates coz lets face it you've won ~~~~ all since ya been there
have a nice day but a crap season

cantona7
5th October, 2008, 12:16 PM
another good result for the boys yesterday

not had great start to season but if we win our game in hand we are back up

the top barring a bit of goal difference(and thats with us starting badly)

so onwards and upwards :champions:

Raven
5th October, 2008, 02:57 PM
well apparently he is staying,which as a fickle footy fan the minute hes playing well for us again ill forget this summers misdemeaners(just as i did after winking episode)

First time I've seen this post but I have to say that comment epitomises Scumbag United supporters, one minute Ronaldo is the devil incarnate twice now and the next minute when he is banging the goals in he is a god....apparently United fans can have it both ways but personally I think they are just like their manager: arrogent, ignorent and full of bs.

Having said that Manchester United are a great team, almost unstoppable in full flow....they are totally unstoppable when they get their "favorable" ref decisions constantly however (like they need it) - no other team stands a chance when this happens alot and that's why they win titles - penalties for and 10 minutes overtime when they losing versus the Arsenals Chelseas and Liverpools.

I have to say it Man U are a great team with world class players, but they get all the "luck" shall we say from referees aswell.

The biggest problem I have with United is their arrogence....it's not jealousy like what Ferguson suggests, it's the arrogence displayed that people hate.

Arsenal are a great team also and have won trophies aswell same as Chelsea, but the difference is although I am not a supporter of any of these clubs I do like Arsenal for the way they go about their business and present themselves and i don't mind Cheslea so much either or Liverpool so it's got absolutely nothing to do with trophies won or the status of the club......it's to do with total arrogence and ignorence - that which Man United show on a weekly basis.

I remember the time when Ferguson swore on a sky sports live interview before a match (he got flustered by a probing question and said the word "bollocks" lol) and he was politely asked to refrain from swearing as their were childeren watching at home up and down the country - did Ferguson apologise at least ? did he ~~~~! he just looked at the guy who asked him to stop swearing as if to say don't you dare tell me what to do. And it was Ferguson in the wrong in the first place! The guy thinks he can walk on water obviously.

cantona7
6th October, 2008, 03:54 PM
well thommo i AGREE with you
yes he is a snide
yes he should have been ~~~~ed for the winking incident
yes if he didnt play for us i'd hate the arrogant *****
yes i think he'd be in madrid if fergie had let him
BUT like any other footy fan if you've got a player with the class and game changing speed and fore thought he has you WOULD cheer his name week in and week out hoping he'll add that edge that can(and does)win games

well raven from a "scum" supportor you have never met above is what i wrote on an earlier thread(ronaldo).
as a leeds fan i can see why you dont like utd fans(oh yes the feelings definatly mutual)put yourself in the same position,you've got an arrogant little ***** you would not piss on if he was on fire,but at the same time that arrogant little ***** is the worlds best player(my opinion)
WOULD you want to sell him or keep him????
as a footy fan i would imagine you would want to keep him!!!!

Raven
6th October, 2008, 11:01 PM
Obviously you keep him, I just think it's more than double standards how one minute he is a (insert swear word here) and the next minute he is playing well and he is suddenly the worlds best player....and then man united fans expect their opinions to be taken seriously after this ? because they are glo errr man united supporters ?

wiz569
7th October, 2008, 12:04 AM
I think the problem here is that he is a ****** but also one of the worlds best players.
Anyway why do all football discussions end in a slanging match,who cares what team you support,what players you like ffs its only a game :D

cantona7
7th October, 2008, 09:25 AM
Obviously you keep him, I just think it's more than double standards how one minute he is a (insert swear word here) and the next minute he is playing well and he is suddenly the worlds best player....and then man united fans expect their opinions to be taken seriously after this ? because they are glo errr man united supporters ?

even before the summer fiasco i was not a fan of ronaldo the person,in fact i was not that keen on him before winkgate,but at the same time i want the best players to play for(and well for)man utd
as a life long fan(and yes i'm from essex BUT i do go football more regular than most but not as often as others!!)i obviously want utd to win year in year out.
just because i support utd and cheer them on it does not mean i like all the players because some of our more prolific players over recent years i do not like as people(that is as i percieve them)namely
van nistleroy niggly winging git
a.cole stuck up his own backside(call me andrew!!)
the fact is all footy fans cheer on players week in week out but its the teams we are cheering on not the individuals!!!
and without the singing it would be pointless going to matches cos lets face it you get better views on sky!!(and replays)

cantona7
7th October, 2008, 09:28 AM
I think the problem here is that he is a ****** but also one of the worlds best players.
Anyway why do all football discussions end in a slanging match,who cares what team you support,what players you like ffs its only a game :D

what ronaldo the person is is pretty common knowledge now,and this is not yet a slanging match but good old football banter of a pretty good standard
bring it on

Raven
7th October, 2008, 03:15 PM
So you're from Essex and you're a life long Manchester United fan ? Was you born in Manchester ? Because to my knowledge the general concensus is that most Manchester born and raised footy fans support Man City.....it seems every tw@ else whose hometown club is either semi ametur or non existant supports Man United. Glory grabbers! :rolleyes:

Yup there's no bad blood here, I'm just putting cantona7 in his place....:rofl:

Seriously though I'm just stating my own opinions and observations and that's as far as it goes there's no real malice in it. :tee:

thered
7th October, 2008, 03:18 PM
even before the summer fiasco i was not a fan of ronaldo the person,in fact i was not that keen on him before winkgate,but at the same time i want the best players to play for(and well for)man utd
as a life long fan(and yes i'm from essex BUT i do go football more regular than most but not as often as others!!)i obviously want utd to win year in year out.
just because i support utd and cheer them on it does not mean i like all the players because some of our more prolific players over recent years i do not like as people(that is as i percieve them)namely
van nistleroy niggly winging git
a.cole stuck up his own backside(call me andrew!!)
the fact is all footy fans cheer on players week in week out but its the teams we are cheering on not the individuals!!!
and without the singing it would be pointless going to matches cos lets face it you get better views on sky!!(and replays)

just noticed this thread and i coulnt agree more you have to support your players while they are at the club so while ronaldos here you have to be behind him(i think he will be gone after next season though)

then when there gone you can slag em off ronaldo will never be classed as a true united legend like scholes unless he stays until no longer wanted by the club

in 20 years time ronaldo will be looked at in a global sense of being the best player of a generation like maradona 20 years earlier but he will never be a LAW,BEST CHARLTON,MACARI,BUCHAN,ROBSON,CANTONA,KEANE,GIGGS OR A SCHOLES because of the real madrid thing and the fact he is a w****r but he will be suppoted hugely by the fans while he is here

BUT MUFC WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WHEN HES LONG GONE CREATING NEW LEGENDS ALONG THE WAY.............wont be long b4 we have the next sumfink or other theres always someone who comes along

wiz569
7th October, 2008, 04:56 PM
what ronaldo the person is is pretty common knowledge now,and this is not yet a slanging match but good old football banter of a pretty good standard
bring it on

Seriously though I'm just stating my own opinions and observations and that's as far as it goes there's no real malice in it. :tee:

Sorry guys that probably sounded a bit harsh but I have noticed that these type of discussions usually end up in a slanging match,
No offence meant :)

Raven
7th October, 2008, 06:21 PM
Humbleness appreciated, but no need for an apology fella you didn't do anything wrong. :)

wiz569
7th October, 2008, 07:37 PM
Humbleness appreciated, but no need for an apology fella you didn't do anything wrong. :)

except support Utd that is......lol

Raven
8th October, 2008, 01:59 AM
Haha you weren't supposed to say that, I was! lol

aftermath
8th October, 2008, 05:34 AM
Is Berbatov the biggest waste of money ever.

ive watched every game he has played in for Man Utd, and i have to say he is letting the team down, he is the laziest player to wear a red shirt i think.

I feel sorry for Tevez who is class , and is struggling to get in the starting 11 @ the mo...

?30.000.000 could have got 2 players for that.

I hope he makes me eat my words but somehow i dont think so.

Cantona was a bit Lazy but he could make things happen.

cantona7
8th October, 2008, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=Raven;49640]So you're from Essex and you're a life long Manchester United fan ? Was you born in Manchester ? Because to my knowledge the general concensus is that most Manchester born and raised footy fans support Man City.....it seems every tw@ else whose hometown club is either semi ametur or non existant supports Man United. Glory grabbers! :rolleyes:

Seriously though I'm just stating my own opinions and observations and that's as far as it goes there's no real malice in it. QUOTE]

yes im definately from essex,but doesn't my 520 mile round trip to games just more show my loyalty to the only league team i've ever supported!!!!!
as for glory grabbers what glory was i watching right through the eighties week in week out,year in year out winning no league titles for 26 years,
im not a 20 year old who has known only winning way's so yes i might gloat a bit now and then but after all those years in the wilderness of winning nowt i think that is at least half deserved!!!
as for everyone from manchester supporting city,i'm afraid that is just like an urban myth invented by bitter scousers and more bitter leeds fans who sometimes go in about long past glories!!:rofl:
and as for my local team( SOUTHEND UTD)i'm actually half trying to persuade my 7 year old to support them so he has not got the driving i do most weeks to footy,but at the moment he is defo a man utd fan:rock:so would that make him a glory hunter when he still does not fully understand where manchester is in relationship to southend either in geographical or in footballing status???:hmmmm2:
as for putting me in my place not quite there yet!!!looking forward to continual banter though!!
one last thing i'm probably going to regret asking are you from leeds???and do you go to matches or watch sky and sing in your living room????may you have a pleasant day!!!

cantona7
8th October, 2008, 06:04 AM
just noticed this thread and i coulnt agree more you have to support your players while they are at the club so while ronaldos here you have to be behind him(i think he will be gone after next season though)

then when there gone you can slag em off ronaldo will never be classed as a true united legend like scholes unless he stays until no longer wanted by the club

in 20 years time ronaldo will be looked at in a global sense of being the best player of a generation like maradona 20 years earlier but he will never be a LAW,BEST CHARLTON,MACARI,BUCHAN,ROBSON,CANTONA,KEANE,GIGGS OR A SCHOLES because of the real madrid thing and the fact he is a w****r but he will be suppoted hugely by the fans while he is here

BUT MUFC WILL ALWAYS BE THERE WHEN HES LONG GONE CREATING NEW LEGENDS ALONG THE WAY.............wont be long b4 we have the next sumfink or other theres always someone who comes along

very well put the red!!like you say at the moment he is a great player but if he leaves at the end of the year(and i think he will)he will never be a utd legend!!!
and i truly believe if it had not been for fergie /utd training regime who paid just under ?13 million for a relatively unknown kid (as a replacement for beckham)he would still be a one trick pony who falls over in a good wind!!

cantona7
8th October, 2008, 06:13 AM

ive watched every game he has played in for Man Utd, and i have to say he is letting the team down, he is the laziest player to wear a red shirt i think.

I feel sorry for Tevez who is class , and is struggling to get in the starting 11 @ the mo...

must admit hes work rate is not that great but i do think that he is a class player who is going to come good and make a massive difference and he definatly has that match winning touch
as for tevez GREAT player with an even better attitude to not giving up on lost balls etc,pure class the quicker they sort out his contract the better!!!
the only problem with tevez's game is he alway's makes me feel he is going to be sent off.
as for cantona what can i say footballing legend:elefant:

Raven
8th October, 2008, 11:41 AM
It doesn't matter how much you support your club now - and you can paper over the cracks as much as you want to because it's dead easy to support a winning team and it still doesn't change the fact that you chose to support a team other than your hometown club and so you much like alot of people chose to support Manchester United. Why was this ? Especially when as you say in the 80's they were by no means successful and if anything playing poorly (hmm I wonder if it's because of the fact that they still were a top flight big club with a certain history and your hometown club wasn't).

To answer your question yup I'm from Leeds, born and raised and say whatever you want about Leeds United but I support my hometown team and more importantly I stuck with them when we crashed through the divisions so I am definitely not a glory supporter (not that we ever achieved owt but a top 3 finish and a champions league semi final run when we had a decent team at the turn of the millenium).....but like I said it's easy to support a winning team/big club whereas it's much harder to support a team when it's in a real crisis....just ask Krazylegs if he is having fun supporting Newcastle at the minute - but for some of us supporting our hometown team is in the blood and that is something that glory fans can never understand because they decide to latch onto and support a big club instead. And you know it.

thered
8th October, 2008, 02:17 PM

i myself have kept a close eye on berbatov lately and he improved 100% in the blackburn game to previous matches

i admit watching him for spurs i thought he was a class act and would slot in nicely and bring the best out of rooney

but seeing him in a united shirt made me think different he is going to have to up his game immensely even his performance in the c/league with two goals was very poor

when you have 2 forwards like tevez and rooney they make berbatov look bad with there workrate effort and quality

i do think he will be a player but he needs get up to the united way very quickly at blackburn he showed glimpses of quality but he needs more than that to survive at united

with the greatest respect we are not spurs and he needs to up his game

thered
8th October, 2008, 02:25 PM
It doesn't matter how much you support your club now - and you can paper over the cracks as much as you want to because it's dead easy to support a winning team and it still doesn't change the fact that you chose to support a team other than your hometown club and so you much like alot of people chose to support Manchester United. Why was this ? Especially when as you say in the 80's they were by no means successful and if anything playing poorly (hmm I wonder if it's because of the fact that they still were a top flight big club with a certain history and your hometown club wasn't).

To answer your question yup I'm from Leeds, born and raised and say whatever you want about Leeds United but I support my hometown team and more importantly I stuck with them when we crashed through the divisions so I am definitely not a glory supporter (not that we ever achieved owt but a top 3 finish and a champions league semi final run when we had a decent team at the turn of the millenium).....but like I said it's easy to support a winning team/big club whereas it's much harder to support a team when it's in a real crisis....just ask Krazylegs if he is having fun supporting Newcastle at the minute - but for some of us supporting our hometown team is in the blood and that is something that glory fans can never understand because they decide to latch onto and support a big club instead. And you know it.

so what you trying to say that he should give it all up and support southend now

in my book you support who you grow up with through thick and thin and you never ever change your team

for the record i dont think you would have grew up supporting wakefield fc from the unibond northern league if they were your local team

isnt it funny how people who live near big clubs are so self righteous

andy4
8th October, 2008, 02:27 PM
totally agree red if berb thinks he can be all & mighty without doing any
work for the team then i think fergie will slap it out of him or
slap him on the transfer list (back to spurs in jan window):ciao:

thered
8th October, 2008, 02:39 PM
yeh m8 maybe but somehow i dont think they will have him

i think he will come good there were signs of improvement in the blackburn game

aftermath
8th October, 2008, 02:50 PM
You dont have to suport your local team, but i suppose its easier to get to the games.

everyone has their own reason for supporting their team, i for one supported Man Utd since a 10 year old ( and i am from Newcastle ) yet i still have a soft spot for Newcastle. The fans deserve more in my eyes.

I supported Man Utd because as a kid, i remember my first football strip , and it was man utd, so i guess its stuck since then.

Also at around the same time they had a player playing with the same name as me, and i used to think it was kool and he was me, lol

Plus it helps, as every season UTD have at least one crowd pleasing Player.

Another thing is that because Man Utd are the most succesfull team in present times, and people hate seing the same team keep winning, it causes a lot of Jealousy and hatred between opposing fans.

I personaly think you should be able to support who you want as long as you stick with them, its no good them going down and you change your team, thats deffo a no, no for me.

thered
8th October, 2008, 02:56 PM
thats what i say mate i couldnt agree more and i bet there was a lot of people at the time when you was young supporting mufc in newcastle

the ones who make me sick are the ones who change as they got older and pretended they supported them all there life

when really most joined when kevin keegan was manager

Raven
8th October, 2008, 10:57 PM
I am not saying that cantona7 should change his team now (where the hell did you draw that conclusion from ?) what I was saying was he made a decision a long time ago to support a much bigger club than his local team. Therefore by definition he is a glory supporter. No offence intended but that is the label for fans that do this.

As for the Wakefield thing, well firstly I'm not from Wakefield if I was then I would have supported Wakefield, but I'm from Leeds and so I support Leeds United. We are in League One now and I still choose to support them (look at Hull they are in the Prem now but do I support them ? hell no)....again I don't know where you base your responses from "red" because they don't follow any logic. I didn't say anything about Wakefield nor did I suggest Cantona7 change team support so I don't know where you came up with them from, but I comment anyway.

Anymore takers ? lol

aftermath
8th October, 2008, 11:14 PM
Its sad to see threads go this way, what starts off as good intentions, and then get dragged down into a debate.

I understand their is a rivalry between Man U and Leeds , the same as Man U and City or man u and Liverpool.

My opinion is not to let a bit of banter upset the members, i understand you cant please everyone, so we must try to make an effort to make the forum a friendly place.

and please dont let what happens at the football matches to spill over to the forum.

Yes, we all have our opinions, and yes we should be able to speak of them.

But its not worth getting upset over a few words on your PC screen, it cant and wont hurt you.

If we do see that certain threads are heading for a collision course, then we as Moderators will step in and nip it in the bud.

Lets keep it friendly. that is for everyone, i will hold no preferences as to which football team as ive seen this all before. And we must be sensible about it.

Raven
8th October, 2008, 11:34 PM
I agree totally mate, the good of the community must come first because that is too precious a thing to piss away and is the thing I value most about this place as it's such a rare thing to have such a camerarderie or however you spell it lol.

I have to say though that I don't go looking for trouble but I will speak up if I feel offended or insulted by something or if I feel disrespected....especially if two people are having a perfectly fine and light hearted debate (which it was and still is, I apologise if my posts came across any other way) and then a third party takes it upon himself to give the thing an ugly tint by saying something offensive and insulting in another section of the forum......and seemingly get away with it.

I agree though that "slanging matches" should be stopped before they start, I just don't think it's right that a minority of people are allowed to openly stir the shitstorm without reprecussion, because they don't care about the community.

I do. And I do my best for it........ it's just there are times when you have to speak up both for yourself and for the overall good of the community in the short term and in the long run. That's what I am doing. As are you.

thered
9th October, 2008, 01:55 PM
I agree totally mate, the good of the community must come first because that is too precious a thing to piss away and is the thing I value most about this place as it's such a rare thing to have such a camerarderie or however you spell it lol.

I have to say though that I don't go looking for trouble but I will speak up if I feel offended or insulted by something or if I feel disrespected....especially if two people are having a perfectly fine and light hearted debate (which it was and still is, I apologise if my posts came across any other way) and then a third party takes it upon himself to give the thing an ugly tint by saying something offensive and insulting in another section of the forum......and seemingly get away with it.

I agree though that "slanging matches" should be stopped before they start, I just don't think it's right that a minority of people are allowed to openly stir the shitstorm without reprecussion, because they don't care about the community.

I do. And I do my best for it........ it's just there are times when you have to speak up both for yourself and for the overall good of the community in the short term and in the long run. That's what I am doing. As are you.

just a thought seen as how you totally agree with everything thats been said by aftermath why do you still have to have your little digs in every post you write ive read your posts and all you are like a little lapdog

by the way i didnt say you lived near wakefield i said if....theres a difference learn to read

and who are you trying to kid mr self righteous

cantona7
9th October, 2008, 02:07 PM
I am not saying that cantona7 should change his team now (where the hell did you draw that conclusion from ?) what I was saying was he made a decision a long time ago to support a much bigger club than his local team. Therefore by definition he is a glory supporter. No offence intended but that is the label for fans that do this.

As for the Wakefield thing, well firstly I'm not from Wakefield if I was then I would have supported Wakefield, but I'm from Leeds and so I support Leeds United. We are in League One now and I still choose to support them (look at Hull they are in the Prem now but do I support them ? hell no)....again I don't know where you base your responses from "red" because they don't follow any logic. I didn't say anything about Wakefield nor did I suggest Cantona7 change team support so I don't know where you came up with them from, but I comment anyway.

Anymore takers ? lol

raven when i made the choice of supporting man utd i was 7 years old and didn't even now where manchester or for that fact where london was geographicaly they were not anywhere near the team they are today.locally to me at that time most kids my age supported either west ham or spurs and for many years took stick supporting a "big"but at that time average at best team,there was no "glory in man utd cause they were not winning owt.
as a home town supporting fan i can see why lots of people like youself call me a glory hunter but how does that relate back to the early and mid eighties when i was still travelling all over the country supporting the only league team i have only ever supported.
unlike aftermath i did not have a player with the same name as me in the team,and you now what i cant even remember making the decision to support utd,i just always have.
dont get me wrong i can see why you think like you do(even if you are wrong:D) cos as a supportor of utd i have seen many people jump on the bandwagon(which i cant prove to you on here that i have not)plus its good banter as well
going to the replys above this one between yourself and aftermath i have no bad feelings and hope to continue with good (FRIENDLY)banter.
as for your last line i await in eager anticipation for your possible(probable)reply
have a nice day:beerglass:

Raven
9th October, 2008, 02:24 PM
just a thought seen as how you totally agree with everything thats been said by aftermath why do you still have to have your little digs in every post you write ive read your posts and all you are like a little lapdog

by the way i didnt say you lived near wakefield i said if....theres a difference learn to read

and who are you trying to kid mr self righteous

thered do you want to get this thread closed and be the person who ruined it for everybody because you are going the right way about it in taking the low road of insulting me, obviously I'm getting to you! lol

As for the mr self righteous thing hey I care about the community here and how it presents itself, obviously you don't. If that makes me a "lapdog" then I'm proud to be one. Not that I care what you think to be perfectly honest.

Let's see you insult me calling me a lapdog (I had to laugh) and then you insult my brother in another thread - are you asking to be banned or what ? Because you are well and truly barking up the wrong tree and with the wrong people here.

If you haven't been warned about your offensive conduct I think you should be and take it into serious consideration.

Devilfish
9th October, 2008, 02:31 PM
I can remove this thread too if this carries on guys!

You know we're a friendly forum and you all should have enough constraint to leave alone! Stop taking the piss!

Raven
9th October, 2008, 02:39 PM
Cantona7 people call you a glory supporter (including myself lol) for the simple reason that you chose to support a big club in the big league (even if they weren't winning owt) rather than being associated with or giving your support and money to your local team. That's it. In a nutshell. Obviously it doesn't help that United became so successful and that 80% of their fan base around the world are glory supporters. Answer me this if United were relegated tomorrow and lost all their stars and money would you still support them ? probably but I don't think most of their fanbase would they'd just move on to Chelsea or Manchester City.

Devilfish apart from thered's comments this is friendly banter between me and Cantona7. There's no problem between me and him we're just having a laugh.....all the bickering came from thered taking things upon himself to push things too far.

thered
9th October, 2008, 02:54 PM
thats were you would be wrong again because when mufc got relegated in the 70's they were still the best supported club in the country

you cant change whats engrained into you after 30 years on a whim they are glory boys

mufc will always be the biggest club in britain even now with all there money and success chelsea struggle to sell tickets for every game

because they have no history

mufc is the biggest club in the land by far and it was built on a tragedy in 1958 and the legends who died.

it was lifted by the legends that followed to the superpower of british football and always will be

this is why mufc will always be massive with or without any trophies

cantona7
9th October, 2008, 02:54 PM
Cantona7 people call you a glory supporter (including myself lol) for the simple reason that you chose to support a big club in the big league (even if they weren't winning owt) rather than being associated with or giving your support and money to your local team. That's it. In a nutshell. Obviously it doesn't help that United became so successful and that 80% of their fan base around the world are glory supporters. Answer me this if United were relegated tomorrow and lost all their stars and money would you still support them ? probably but I don't think most of their fanbase would they'd just move on to Chelsea or Manchester City.

Devilfish apart from thered's comments this is friendly banter between me and Cantona7. There's no problem between me and him we're just having a laugh.

if utd went bankrupt id never support another league team like i do man utd (with man utd tattoos over my arms id look daft)because there is only one utd(no pun meant)
but as a football fan i WOULD still go to matches but i would follow rather than support the team(southend utd)and i do go watch them even now.
if(and hopefully it will never happen)man utd got relegated a couple of times hey ho meet you in leeds for a beer or five cos you'll still be in 1st division:aetsch:
ive followed utd through thick and thin since 72/73 and will do till the day i die or the day utd are no more(and that aint going to happen)
and glen PLEASE dont pull the thread pretty pretty please

Raven
9th October, 2008, 04:02 PM
if(and hopefully it will never happen)man utd got relegated a couple of times hey ho meet you in leeds for a beer or five cos you'll still be in 1st division:aetsch:

Lol nice one m8, I think Ian Huntley will be out before we are! Nah we are pointing in the right direction now and with the -15 points deduction a non factor this season we WILL go up this year (we would have mathematically gone up automatically last year had it not been for the -15 points)

thered
9th October, 2008, 04:03 PM
maybe we can now talk some footy

what do you all reckon to the young right back i think he looks promising

Raven
9th October, 2008, 09:50 PM
maybe we can now talk some footy

I thought that's exactly what I was doing.....

I say this every season but they always start poorly, but I think Liverpool could well win the title this year if Keane starts banging the goals in aswell as Torres. They usually start off crap but this year they started really well - could be promising!

thered
10th October, 2008, 09:21 AM
cant see it they will come unstuck as usual normally against the lower teams i dont think they have the consistency for a full season yet

and the jurys still out on keane he could be the next diego forlan the more games he takes to score the harder it will become pressure will mount

bit similar at utd with berbatov but i think it will click in a few weeks but i only really see chelsea as a they as they are consistent and hard to beat

i just think fergie is a bit scared sometimes to play football i have noticed this even going back to last season in big games we come flying out of the blocks first 20 mins or so dominate games get a goal and try to hold on to a one nil this is not utd and it doesnt work

c/league final played chelsea off the park first 25 min then try to hold on same against liverpool the other week also same against chelsea again the other week it doesnt work

when we on top we should keep going

Raven
10th October, 2008, 02:43 PM
That's the way it is for most teams though, unless you have a team like as defensively sound and powerful as Chelsea then sitting on a 1 or 2 goal lead doesn't work. Leeds United had a nack for doing it everytime when we were in the Premiership, we would go 1 nil up against a team after having been playing them off the park and then we would decide to sit on the lead for the last half an hour and be biting our fingernails as the opposition came on to us. Why we did it I'll never know and why other teams do it I do not know....attack is the best form of defense....it's just if you have a lead you want to protect don't play risky passes in the defense.

As for Robbie Keane I still think him and Torres could be brilliant together....Keane has taken a long while to score for Liverpool but it sometimes takes time....as you said look at Berbatov for you....but we all know Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov are cracking players when they are in full flow, and correct me if I'm wrong but Liverpool are there or there abouts at the top of the table right now and usually it's the first half of the season that lets them down....and you don't win the Champions League as often as they have or get to as many finals as they have if you are not a team capable of winning the title. I still reckon United were lucky to win the Champions League last year, when Terry missed that penalty (poor sod) he slipped and the ball still struck the post it could have gone anywhere....then Anelka fluffed his penalty that won you the trophy (did he look bothered ?) and the rest is history.

thered
10th October, 2008, 03:04 PM
yeh i just think its something we have developed over the last year or two we were much more cavalier in days gone by and killed teams off seems to be a recent thing in big games to adopt this policey of score first then hold on and try to win on the counter attack

but what do i know it won league and c/league last season even though i agree with a bit of luck but we did play them off park till they got that lucky goal then it was one way traffic and backs to the wall

even so ryan giggs did miss the chance of the game in extra time

Raven
10th October, 2008, 03:20 PM
That's just it you won the premier league and champions league last year and you have just about the worlds best player right now playing for your club....so what are you complaining about ?

You have nothing to be complaining about.

When your team isn't where it should be in the league (or not in the league full stop) then you have things to be complaining about.

I don't mean for that to come across as me being funny with you I was just making a point that you have nowt to be moaning about considering you were so successful last year and the position your club is in.

It's like what Venables said if you fear death you won't enjoy living, and it's the same thing here if you focus on the negatives you will end up taking the positives for granted.

thered
10th October, 2008, 03:46 PM
you always need something to moan about

happiness leads to complacency in my book and last season is what it is last season

still think we will do ok though

as for earlier we touched on robbie keane i have always rated him quite highly but there seems to be a big gulf in playing for the so called big 4 and a whole lot more pressure and plenty of people come up short

im not saying robbie will because on paper b4 liverpool signed him you would have thought they would have clicked straight away

i know things can take time but the clock is ticking and the pressure is mounting i can remember 2 players at notts forest who were superstars at the time gary birtles and peter davenport he could go the same unless he breaks his duck soon

but now ive said that he will probably go on a scoring streak

thered
19th October, 2008, 12:19 PM
well i am wrong robbie keane didnt go on a scoring streak nevermind eh

shame the scouse lot still won though its not very often rocky dennis gets a couple is it i bet his mum cher will be so proud lol

4-0 yesterday didnt play very well really the score flattered a bit like england kazakstan.ronaldo is far from at his best(is he interested?)berbatov although scored is far from the finished article and was poor.

plus points rooney again he's in good form the young right back's gonna be a big star and a 4-0 sounds good without your best centre midfield combos but fletch doesnt do a bad job he has come on loads over the last couple of years anyways

bring on celtic tuesday

thered
25th October, 2008, 03:54 PM
just watched united v everton we were shocking ?70 million ronaldo i wouldnt pay 70p awful miss near the end what a w**ker

i may change my opinion but after watching that i feel so pi55ed off the team is not gelling to good yet and i feel we are only at 80% of our potential

the team played in a workmanlike way but everton seemed to want it more every pass just didnt seem to work and the couldnt seem to find the next gear in fact everton were unlucky not to score after ferdinand decided to slip yakubu in shocking

bad bad performance

thered
2nd November, 2008, 09:16 PM
two games on and 6 points but bloody hell hull give me a fright it was another far from perfect display but were still in the mix

gotta give hull credit but i didnt think it was a pen ferdinand just out muscled him but hull kept at it and it was nervous last ten minutes i can tell you

the game should have been put too bed much earlier and the team seemed to switch off still its a good 6 points in a week where the scousers slipped up(dont you love it) and arsenal just dont seem to want to win at all

which is why im glad liverpool beat chelsea because i think if chelsea get too big a lead they will be uncatchable while liverpool will peter out over the season

5 points in it but we have a game in hand but its not like chelsea to have a big goal difference as they have now they are and always have been the only team to beat this season in the premier just got too make sure we are still close around christmas then we should be ok

aftermath
2nd November, 2008, 09:21 PM
good job Hull gave us a few goals start

thered
2nd November, 2008, 09:27 PM
lol your not wrong

harry1986
6th November, 2008, 01:41 AM
cum on MAN U GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED !!! UNITED ALL THE WAY

thered
11th November, 2008, 12:10 PM
harry you are a ~~~~in jinx united havent won since you started warbling lol try and sing in your head im superstitous like that lol

ThePrinceofBrazil
28th November, 2008, 02:04 PM
Its not cos of harry its cos of that donkey oshea!:manusign:

remimoses
3rd December, 2008, 11:02 PM
delighted to see tevez scored 4 tonight.cracking player.

moosehunter
3rd December, 2008, 11:20 PM
Tevez was on Fire !!!

thered
29th December, 2008, 12:54 PM
predictions for today boro have been a bit of a bogey team over the last few years but now its time to step up to the plate

we have a must win game today

form is not good but it has too change soon just in time for the second half of the season

im going for 3-1 united

trying to keep the peace here, lol

thered
29th December, 2008, 01:06 PM
thanks for your deep insight into football m8 you sound very knowledgeable

double winners league and champions league recently world club champs still in four competitions

yes m8 its pathetic

what is pathetic is 18 years and counting to win the league for the so called greatest club in britain

you can say 18 and 5 now thats all you lot have got

wonder how many united would have had if the busby babes were not killed in the munich tragedy of 58

one thing is for certain bobby moore would not have been england captain in 66 that honour would have went to duncan edwards

lfc4life
29th December, 2008, 01:21 PM
thats how sad youse are! always playing catch up!

And anyway bring on old trafford no fear!!

:D :D :D

THE GENERALIST
29th December, 2008, 01:26 PM
thanks for your deep insight into football m8 you sound very knowledgeable

double winners league and champions league recently world club champs still in four competitions

yes m8 its pathetic

what is pathetic is 18 years and counting to win the league for the so called greatest club in britain

you can say 18 and 5 now thats all you lot have got

wonder how many united would have had if the busby babes were not killed in the munich tragedy of 58

one thing is for certain bobby moore would not have been england captain in 66 that honour would have went to duncan edwards

Sadly we will never know.

thered
29th December, 2008, 01:30 PM
thats how sad youse are! always playing catch up!

And anyway bring on old trafford no fear!!

:D :D :D

you only really had 2 decades in football m8 b4 that we were ahead so always playing catch up doesnt really work does it :stupid:

lfc4life
29th December, 2008, 01:33 PM
two decades? and what have you had not the same amount have you? only the 90's ha ha:party :

thered
29th December, 2008, 02:00 PM
two decades? and what have you had not the same amount have you? only the 90's ha ha:party :

you miss the point you said we always played catch up you were wrong

you are wrong again only the 90's what about the current decade and the 50's

united won the league 3 times in the 50's including 2 in a row in 56 and 57 with an average team age of 22 but for munich it could and should of been more

thered
30th December, 2008, 12:44 PM
1-0 too united we have turned into arsenal

good 3 points though again championship form 1-0's when you are playing 5hite you only get 3 points for a win no matter how many you score

i think the form will come back in time for the title charge when the pretenders will be crushed and brushed aside like the minnions they are

philsofick
5th January, 2009, 09:11 PM
yeah am sure the form will come back, to tell you the truth i'd rather we go through our bad patch right now, rather then around march april where we needmost players in form.

cantona7
5th January, 2009, 09:36 PM
what bad patch 1-0 or 5-0 its either 3 points or a next round tie either way we are there or there abouts ready for the big push starting with chelski on sunday

thats why we are current
english champions
european champions
world club champions

enough said!!!!

lfc4life
5th January, 2009, 11:10 PM
well you ain't going to be for much longer! we will finally win the league. And take you at old trafford too :D

thered
8th January, 2009, 08:48 PM
well you ain't going to be for much longer! we will finally win the league. And take you at old trafford too :D

bet you believe in santa too

cantona7
8th January, 2009, 09:05 PM

you wanna lay off those happy pills they are making you dillusional lol

lfc4life
8th January, 2009, 10:34 PM
says the fan of a team that couldn't beat derby! lol

and how many first team players you have out! :D

thered
10th January, 2009, 11:58 AM
not beating derby will do us a favour it will give us the kick up the ar*e we need and i think this will be the point in the season where it all changes

who you gonna call

SCOUSEBUSTERS

lfc4life
10th January, 2009, 12:03 PM
i love how you are scared youse are not going to over haul us!!! :D

I can see tomorrow's game being a draw for your team!!! :)

thered
10th January, 2009, 12:07 PM
may well be a draw m8 games in the top 4 are usually tight and could go either way i wouldnt bet against a draw put it that way

but that still keeps us well in touch with our main title rivals chelsea

lfc4life
10th January, 2009, 12:22 PM
love a cheap shot! lol And chelsea are finished i think!

The good thing about liverpool fc always proving teams wrong!!

thered
10th January, 2009, 12:35 PM
yes youve been proving people wrong since 1990

newuserant
10th January, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hi people, my prediction is United to beat chelsea Convincingly at Old Trafford. Its about time we gave those cockey blues a good hammering!!! Berba to score first then rooney with 2!!!!
What u reckon people???

thered
10th January, 2009, 02:02 PM
i like your optimism m8 but i dont think there will be much in it hope your right though lol

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 03:07 AM
yes youve been proving people wrong since 1990

wow! we have we may have only won fa cup and league cup and champs league since the 1990's.

But we have won them in style and we beat ac milan when no one thought we had a chance! :D

And im so proud of that perfomance no british team past or present will ever better it !!! :)

thered
11th January, 2009, 09:10 PM
wow! we have we may have only won fa cup and league cup and champs league since the 1990's.

But we have won them in style and we beat ac milan when no one thought we had a chance! :D

And im so proud of that perfomance no british team past or present will ever better it !!! :)

style m8 was that what you called it truth is m8 you got tortured they ran rings round you problem was they never turned out second half cos they thought it was already in the bag

if that was your greatest display you must watch some 5hite if i remember rightly you were absolute bollocks that season and finished very highly in 5th place in the league everton were a better team very stylish methinks not

thered
11th January, 2009, 09:12 PM
Hi people, my prediction is United to beat chelsea Convincingly at Old Trafford. Its about time we gave those cockey blues a good hammering!!! Berba to score first then rooney with 2!!!!
What u reckon people???

well not far away m8 you just never banked on vidic lol

now time to just sit back and watch the scousers implode as they follow hull like a stone down the table

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 09:14 PM
style m8 was that what you called it truth is m8 you got tortured they ran rings round you problem was they never turned out second half cos they thought it was already in the bag

if that was your greatest display you must watch some 5hite if i remember rightly you were absolute bollocks that season and finished very highly in 5th place in the league everton were a better team very stylish methinks not

**** sake ! i think it was bigger performance than when u beat bayern

and i don't agree with the way rafa is running the team wtf . leaving three of our best players on the bench !!!!

thered
11th January, 2009, 09:17 PM
for the record m8 i dont think united were very good against bayern barring a mad few mins but we were the best team at that time in the competition

a makeshift midfield in my opinion cost us what should have been a routine win no scholes no keane two big misses on the night

lfc4life
11th January, 2009, 09:20 PM
lol :D :D :D

buzzking5
11th January, 2009, 11:03 PM
what a game, a well deserved win the title is ours with out a doubt and other trophies to:manuscarf:

Walkinmyshadow
12th January, 2009, 02:56 PM
What u reckon people???

Bloody hell m8, you weren't far off the mark,
My prediction was Utd to win by a single goal.
It was a fantastic win and a clear message to the other clubs that Utd mean business

:manuscarf:

BobbyX
12th January, 2009, 03:13 PM
Chelsea? No problem. League's ours. The 2 games in hand will be the difference.

andymc1s
12th January, 2009, 04:06 PM
Still smiling I have just watched the game for the fifth time,and it just gets better and better. It was A Masterclass:beer::manuscarf::beer:

joe516
13th January, 2009, 09:36 AM
Midfielder Ryan Giggs will be handed a new Manchester United contract to keep him at Old Trafford until the end of the 2010 campaign. (Daily Mirror)

thered
13th January, 2009, 03:42 PM
sureley not he should rap in now with a bit of dignity although he may fit in the united museum

although too my surpise he played very well sunday v chelasea the best he has played for a long time

andymc1s
16th January, 2009, 08:17 PM
I see Man United game is listed on Lider T.V. 13e does anyone know if its free to air.
Thanks

thered
16th January, 2009, 08:19 PM
look here *** L.J.s LIVE Sport on Satellite TV. Live Soccer on TV. Live Football on Saetllite TV. (http://liveonsat.com/08_foot_epl_only.php?start_dd=28&start_mm=10&start_yyyy=2008&end_dd=27&end_mm=11&end_yyyy=2008)

harry1986
17th January, 2009, 10:29 PM
MANU TOP THE TABLE!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO:party ::party ::party :

HiTeck
18th January, 2009, 01:16 AM
Link dead for me thered,

Just to rub it in a little more also here > BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Table (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm)

:manuflag: lol :manuflag: lol :manuflag: lol

lfc4life
21st January, 2009, 11:38 AM
Sky Sports | Football | News | AIG to end United partnership (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4826208,00.html)

thered
21st January, 2009, 08:44 PM
Link dead for me thered,

Just to rub it in a little more also here > BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Table (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm)

:manuflag: lol :manuflag: lol :manuflag: lol

just tried the link works ok for me

HiTeck
21st January, 2009, 09:05 PM
yeah I was having loads of problems that night and following day getting on here and a few other sites thered, nowt wrong with your link the fault was at my end mate.

andymc1s
27th January, 2009, 11:09 PM
Utd 17 hours without conceeding a goal looking like champions again

Ballistic
28th January, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hmm, Very well done to the United in its new record in the Defensive manner as you cant just only applaud Van der S and the back 4. Defense starts from the front two..just look at the way Tevez closes down the opposing backs.

Mu are looking good again and are starting to get on a roll...Lets hope they get the quadrauple :)

B

cantona7
1st February, 2009, 09:30 AM
another good win against a well organised everton team!!

lets see how far we can take this non conceding record,either way i cant see it being broken for a long time!!!

not bad for a team liverpool and chelski fans were saying had lost it in octoberlol

a nice draw between chelski and the pool later today would be nice !!!

fargar
4th February, 2009, 08:22 PM
The Quadrouple.......... Its so On

lfc4life
4th February, 2009, 08:23 PM
The Quadrouple.......... Its so On

dnt make me ~~~~in laugh! u ain't gonna get the champs league!!AND will run yous close for league, Bring on old trafford or the fa.cup lol

spondulick
5th February, 2009, 12:19 AM
you sure aint going any further in the fa cup.

cunny
6th February, 2009, 10:05 PM
He's Cracking Up
He's Cracking Up
RAFA'S CRACKED UP
:party :

radioham
8th February, 2009, 02:31 PM
Now don't lets get personal!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have some sympathy for failure!!!!!!!!!!!!Cheers Chas.ps If they don't sign Tevez soon they're mad!!!!!

spondulick
8th February, 2009, 09:06 PM
back where we belong again scousers delight short lived, ps villa may be our main rivals now after seeing scousers struggle against a very very poor pompey.

thered
17th February, 2009, 05:23 PM
tell you what its starting to take shape been shite all season and gonna walk away with the title

not one player who is standing out this season everyone is being ordinary berba hasnt really gelled yet ronado's not been great tevez and rooney not really got going back 4 choppped and changed but been consistent nice to see some young kids coming through though its been a while wellbeck looks promising and the two full backs will be world class in the next few years,possebon has quality and a well done to gibson he was excellent sunday i didnt think he had it in him

the futures looking good i cant wait to hit some form and turn on the style in the run in and leave the chasing pack for dead

aftermath
17th February, 2009, 05:25 PM
i would put money on Carrick or Giggs getting player of the season for Man Utd.

Carriick because he has been solid and consistent, or maybe Giggs for his achievement.

jasbo7
17th February, 2009, 05:42 PM
if they were to vote tomorrow Giggs would get it for me he has been brilliant of late, and the young talent on show on sunday has made the rest of the big boys shake in their shiny boots i think

thered
17th February, 2009, 05:45 PM
dont know about carrick for player of the year he has been steady but you could be right with giggs although i think it would be more of a kind of lifetime achievement award for him rather than him setting the world alight

but tbh there has been no stand out players for me this year in the prem league most of the big guns have been quiet i think anelka has been ok for chelski though and after that im struggling

sicorreya
19th February, 2009, 04:05 PM
i was at the game yesteray an scholes wasclass he ran the game from start to finish, a great result.

Bulld0g
19th February, 2009, 04:37 PM
i was at the game yesteray an scholes wasclass he ran the game from start to finish, a great result. Their keeper was crap for your first thought m8 ;)

krazylegz
19th February, 2009, 04:47 PM
tbh it was clear man u were gunna win as soon as roy 'stupid' hodgson opened his mouth and said

" its clear were not going to win but miracles do happen some times"

now that to me is totally the wrong thing to say, he should be trying to win and motivate his team by telling them to go out and attack not saying crap like that, cos as soon as he did that would have give man u a massive physcological edge over his fulham team

thered
19th February, 2009, 08:52 PM
dont think we needed much of a phycological edge tbh but i will say one thing scholes was outstanding from start to finish never wasted a pass always in space the lad oozes class

deserved a bit of luck with the goal the strike itself was outstanding

Stumc10
26th February, 2009, 10:47 AM
Scholes is always class, most under-rated player to grace the premiership in my opinion.

lfc4life
26th February, 2009, 06:46 PM
Would like to say i hope all four english clubs progress into next stage. So we can show the rest of europe we are still the league to beat! :D

rawky123
27th February, 2009, 06:26 PM
Scholes is class. but I wish he'd learnt how to tackle.:manuflag:

lfc4life
1st March, 2009, 06:51 PM
A poor game, which deserved to be settled on penalties. But i hate to say this wd man u :angel:

andy4
1st March, 2009, 06:53 PM
the quad is on can they do it

Bulld0g
1st March, 2009, 07:05 PM
It's possible but unlikely. Can't see them doing better in Europe than us. The league is theirs barring a major ~~~~ up, and i think Chelsea will win the fa cup.

andy4
1st March, 2009, 07:07 PM
got a feeling for everton in fa cup

Bulld0g
1st March, 2009, 07:08 PM
Well it has been 14 years since the sock robbers won anything lol

melloned
2nd March, 2009, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes: Well it certainly isn't going to be Liverpool Andy Mate!
I can only see the European cup coming our way if all our other competition play as sh*te as Real !: Gotta say Giggs is a top top player in my humble opinion .

thered
5th March, 2009, 07:29 PM
poor performance yesterday they didnt seem to like the cold but credit to newcastle they were up for it got amongst em and played there part and tbh were unlucky not to get something from the game

wtf was van der sar doing by the way he is as weak as water i know he has just broken nearly all records but tbh he hasnt had to make that many saves to accumulate his clean sheets he aint no schmeichel

anyways on the plus side its another game under the belt and another 8 wins from the last 11 games will guarantee the title no matter what happens elsewhere

Jamone
7th March, 2009, 02:03 AM
Yes. Agree. Need to play Vidic again vs Fulham to make sure he is up to it vs Inter. He looked rusty against Newcastle.

Ballistic
11th March, 2009, 10:55 PM
woohoo into the last eight :)

B

RedSpider
12th March, 2009, 02:39 AM
didn't play our best and inter deserved something but fck 'em lol.
i'm even glad that the other english teams got through.
maybe the english players can take these kind of performances into the national team.

thered
13th March, 2009, 07:44 PM
yep i agree redspider we did not play wel and i for one was a bit worried because the game shoud have been sewn up in the first half in milan

but we are through and thats the main thing whether you fly through or win on pens like arsenal the place in the last eight is all that counts

eh19988
13th March, 2009, 09:43 PM
Was happy to get through against Inter. A bit dodgy only getting the 0-0 in the san siro. Hopefully wrap up the title against the pool tomorrow.

RedSpider
13th March, 2009, 11:08 PM
title already wrapped up. has been since we took the top. no ones gonna catch us. no one's got the stamina.
we win without trying, when we play crap.
it's written in the stars.
United all the way!

Bulld0g
13th March, 2009, 11:11 PM
we win without trying, when we play crap.

Gotta agree there m8. No one is luckier than you lot. If you fell over you'd miss the floor.

RedSpider
14th March, 2009, 12:10 AM
and i will give credit to liverpool for the fantastic start they had this season. looked like nobody could touch them. looked like it may have been their season.
where did it all go wrong?
was it drawing games you should have won? was it losing games you should have drew? was it losing games you should have won?
or was it simply just the wrong shade of red?

and who needs luck with decisions like this?
YouTube - Roy Carrol Blunder against Spurs

krazylegz
14th March, 2009, 04:57 PM
fantastic result for liverpool and am well pleased now:) what makes it even better is that vidic is now also banned for 3 games and he is the rock in man u's defence

melloned
14th March, 2009, 07:34 PM
:cool: Think both sets of supporters were gobsmacked at this result , wish i'd had a tenner on it ! , but i don't think there was one Liverpool supporter who'd have forcast this result before the game.
I bet there was a huge arse kicking competition in the Man U dressing room after the game and a drugs test in the Liverpool one , what a performance . :congrats:

jfish
14th March, 2009, 10:05 PM
fantastic result for liverpool and am well pleased now:) what makes it even better is that vidic is now also banned for 3 games and he is the rock in man u's defence

1 game, 3 match ban for violent conduct, for his red card just the one match ban

jfish
14th March, 2009, 10:09 PM
:cool: Think both sets of supporters were gobsmacked at this result , wish i'd had a tenner on it ! , but i don't think there was one Liverpool supporter who'd have forcast this result before the game.
I bet there was a huge arse kicking competition in the Man U dressing room after the game and a drugs test in the Liverpool one , what a performance . :congrats:

I wouldnt say Liverpool performance was amazing, they were good and the mistakes the United defence did they punished,

from the 4 goals, one for a hoof it up front vidic messes up and Torres one on one with the keeper cant miss

then another penalty, 4rd goal, good free kick and the 4th another long ball O'Shea piss poor positional play and with VDS out of goal a simple lob and they scored

second half Man United were strong for the first 20 mins but once the sending off, it was all over

The pairing for Carrick and Anderson in midfield does not work, plus Carrick was very poor.

Ronaldo was well defended against with 2/3 Liverpool players man marking him when he got the ball

end of the day, Liverpool took their chances and they won, the score does flatter them slightly .. they were not as amazing as some may say but they were professional and got the breaks.

thered
15th March, 2009, 11:26 AM

he wasnt a rock yeateday m8 more of a concrete post not very mobile at all.

personally i think its done us a favour in the long run cos it was all getting too easy and complacency was starting to show this will be the final kick up the arse that shapes the final part of the season

im just glad the performance was in the league cos you get no second chances in the cup competitions

thered
15th March, 2009, 11:30 AM
I wouldnt say Liverpool performance was amazing, they were good and the mistakes the United defence did they punished,

from the 4 goals, one for a hoof it up front vidic messes up and Torres one on one with the keeper cant miss

then another penalty, 4rd goal, good free kick and the 4th another long ball O'Shea piss poor positional play and with VDS out of goal a simple lob and they scored

second half Man United were strong for the first 20 mins but once the sending off, it was all over

The pairing for Carrick and Anderson in midfield does not work, plus Carrick was very poor.

Ronaldo was well defended against with 2/3 Liverpool players man marking him when he got the ball

end of the day, Liverpool took their chances and they won, the score does flatter them slightly .. they were not as amazing as some may say but they were professional and got the breaks.

gotta say m8 agrre with most of that o'shea has been pi55 poor at right back be better playing fletcher there if we short of bodies and carrick has been absolute 5hite his last few games

but like you say m8 they got the breaks and took there chances

krazylegz
15th March, 2009, 11:43 AM
1 game, 3 match ban for violent conduct, for his red card just the one match ban

no its a 3 game ban for a straight red card and a 1 game ban for 2 yellow cards...and since vidic got a straight red its automatically a 3 game ban unless the rules have suddenly changed just for man u:hmmmm2:

he wasnt a rock yeateday m8 more of a concrete post not very mobile at all.

personally i think its done us a favour in the long run cos it was all getting too easy and complacency was starting to show this will be the final kick up the arse that shapes the final part of the season

im just glad the performance was in the league cos you get no second chances in the cup competitions

not very often he makes a mistake though and can count on 1 hand the number of cock ups hes made this season......still think hes your best defender by far :)

thered
15th March, 2009, 11:49 AM
no its a 3 game ban for a straight red card and a 1 game ban for 2 yellow cards...and since vidic got a straight red its automatically a 3 game ban unless the rules have suddenly changed just for man u:hmmmm2:

not very often he makes a mistake though and can count on 1 hand the number of cock ups hes made this season......still think hes your best defender by far :)

he is class but he didnt like it up him yesterday torres was too quick for him at times,personally though i think ferdinand is the better of the two vidic though has the heart of a lion which people love

ferdinand is more composed classsier and a lot quicker i dont think torres would have robbed rio like that yesterday

Bulld0g
15th March, 2009, 11:53 AM

i feel your pain :roflmao:

Bulld0g
15th March, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yes it is a straight 3 match ban for a red

jfish
15th March, 2009, 07:43 PM
Yes it is a straight 3 match ban for a red

3 match for red card due to violent misconduct

1 match for red due to professional foul

Vidic will be out for 2 games, the 1 match ban plus another one for his other red card earlier in the season

jfish
15th March, 2009, 07:46 PM
gotta say m8 agrre with most of that o'shea has been pi55 poor at right back be better playing fletcher there if we short of bodies and carrick has been absolute 5hite his last few games

but like you say m8 they got the breaks and took there chances

since Neville and rafeal have been injured, o'shea seems to be the only player to fill said position

we have missed hargreaves this season as he can fill that spot

seanymc
16th March, 2009, 12:13 PM
still going to win

keano keano we want you back :manusign:

united forever

gmb45
20th March, 2009, 05:48 AM
u might like this cantona YouTube - Manchester United vs Frankee - F#ck you, you scousers

hideous.ape
21st March, 2009, 04:54 PM
Wow this is like car crash TV...that 45mins was worse than anything I have ever seen from United.

If Fulham actually had two strikers your lads would be 4 down by now. Fortunately for you a 20min performance in the secondhalf will probably be enough to turn this around 1-2.

Fulham...whore house...can't score!

Bulld0g
21st March, 2009, 04:58 PM
Gotta agree m8. Are the wheels falling off lol . It's not over yet but i have said the leagues not over neither

Bulld0g
21st March, 2009, 05:00 PM
3 match for red card due to violent misconduct

1 match for red due to professional foul

Vidic will be out for 2 games, the 1 match ban plus another one for his other red card earlier in the season

Thanks for that m8. For some reason i always thought a straight red was an automatic 3 match ban

lfc4life
21st March, 2009, 05:04 PM
It would take a david v goliath feat to topple man yoo

hideous.ape
21st March, 2009, 05:33 PM
How bad are Fulham...they have been a disgrace in this secondhalf!

Krypton
21st March, 2009, 05:54 PM
disgrace in the 2nd half? 2-0 lol

lfc4life
21st March, 2009, 05:57 PM
Well i want to be a fly in that man yoo dressing room! :D and i said rooneys temprament would get him in trouble ;)

hideous.ape
21st March, 2009, 06:01 PM
My point was most teams at home with a man extra would have put United under a lot more pressure and banged in 3 or 4, not sit back and try to hold onto a 1-0 lead. Fulham made one decent break and scored but for the rest of the half they couldn't pass, control the ball or shoot for love nor money!

Krypton
21st March, 2009, 06:04 PM
well you need a bit of luck in footy, especially against man u.
i could understand putting pressure on man u if you were a liverpool or a chelsea, but fulham? smaller clubs mind set if they go in front is to defend and play on the break. not saying i agree,as i like attacking football, but fulham did that and did it well.

radioham
22nd March, 2009, 05:10 PM
How the hell they have the cheek to collect their pay at the end of the month after a display like that is beyond me!!!!!!!!The only time they performed is when Rooney and Tevez came on!!Berbatov is a waste of space!!!!!!!!!!Cheers Chas.

Bulld0g
22nd March, 2009, 10:19 PM
Quiet in here isn't it. Is that tumbleweed i see blowing through this thread :roflmao:

aftermath
22nd March, 2009, 10:21 PM
Quiet in here isn't it. Is that tumbleweed i see blowing through this thread :roflmao:

will save this post for future reference lol

Bulld0g
22nd March, 2009, 10:32 PM
lol When you bring it out in the future dust it down m8 before airing it lol

cantona7
22nd March, 2009, 11:06 PM
it's still ours to lose ,not yours to win !!

not long now and we will all see but i'm still quietly confident it's ours

Bulld0g
22nd March, 2009, 11:10 PM
Yes m8 it is. and as i said earlier, it's not over till the fat bitch sings lol remember ?
Seriously m8 i still think the titles yours,but it's not as easy as most of you thought it was gonna be.
Your team are arguing and fighting amongst themselves and losing discipline. I love it lol first sign of the wheels falling off the wagon, that m8.

pool
23rd March, 2009, 12:19 AM
Well I have to say enjoy it while it lasts, we have to make it interesting or the fat lady will be out of a job. But it will be business as usual for us red devils when the scouses loose to fulham & gift us the title again.

Bulld0g
23rd March, 2009, 12:40 AM
Well I have to say enjoy it while it lasts, we have to make it interesting or the fat lady will be out of a job. But it will be business as usual for us red devils when the scouses loose to fulham & gift us the title again.

Or maybe your loss was a giftto us eh ? BTW nice name m8 lol

juju69
23rd March, 2009, 12:59 AM
The wheels are definitely coming off of the united wagon. If Stevie G and co can finish as strong as they started the season then its gonna be a close one.

thered
23rd March, 2009, 08:39 PM
bad game saturday wtf was scholes doing? been better being a goal down with 11 men but whats done is done

most disapointing thing for me was his reluctance to put rooney on as soon as scholes went off if you go down to 10 you at least want someone to put a shift in berba should have went off straight away

tevez should have been on quicker too fergie got both decisions wrong btw anyone know when we getting a right back available o'shea has been ~~~in terrible

melloned
23rd March, 2009, 11:58 PM
:rolleyes: Pressure ?

sambo2005
26th March, 2009, 02:25 AM
Think the International break is just what United need. Looking forward to our players coming back fresh and hopefully torres and gerard with injuries lol only jokin. This should be a very interesting race now.

batman44
26th March, 2009, 08:03 PM
All the wayhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt350/batman44_01/th_mu.gif (http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/tt350/batman44_01/?action=view&current=mu.gif)

andymc1s
5th April, 2009, 10:05 PM
Crazy finish to the league,I am still proud to be a UTD. fan loooooooving it:joyman:

maca
5th April, 2009, 10:07 PM
well m8 its not over just yet

RedSpider
5th April, 2009, 10:09 PM
i'm sure plenty of scousers will make comments about the amount of extra time. 5 minutes seemed a bit much to me.
we only needed the 2 extra minutes in any case, it was game over then.

Bulld0g
5th April, 2009, 10:12 PM
i'm sure plenty of scousers will make comments about the amount of extra time. 5 minutes seemed a bit much to me.
we only needed the 2 extra minutes in any case, it was game over then.

I'm sure lots of football fans will make the same comment and wonder why it always comes whn your losing a game and never when your winning.

andymc1s
5th April, 2009, 10:15 PM
well m8 its not over just yet
I never said it was over but its is great because its still there for the best Team
:party:

hideous.ape
5th April, 2009, 10:16 PM
In fairness Villa played well and didn't deserve to lose.

Villa are still a very green team...at 2-2 they should have just killed the game as they had two chances before the goal to just run the ball into the corner. Instead they try to charge forward looking for a winner.

United were getting battered up until James Milners cock-up too!

maca
5th April, 2009, 10:20 PM
when teams go ahead at man u they alwasys go on the back foot instead of playing an attacking game

andymc1s
5th April, 2009, 10:25 PM
In fairness Villa played well and didn't deserve to lose.

Villa are still a very green team...at 2-2 they should have just killed the game as they had two chances before the goal to just run the ball into the corner. Instead they try to charge forward looking for a winner.

United were getting battered up until James Milners cock-up too!
I agree m8 villa were worthy of at least a draw.But as a UTD fan Im happy
:devil:

maca
5th April, 2009, 10:27 PM
true m8 a win is a win no matter how you get it

nichom03
5th April, 2009, 10:30 PM
I think man utd will win the title against man city, the tide has turned against lfc after our new stars last minute goal.

Bulld0g
5th April, 2009, 10:33 PM
I think man utd will win the title against man city, the tide has turned against lfc after our new stars last minute goal.

I think they will win it too. Tide ? what tide ? Havent you been in the driving seat for some time now ?

maca
5th April, 2009, 10:34 PM
sorry m8 your talking shit you will still drop points away from home and as for the tide has turned your looking in the wrong direction m8

opsmonkey
5th April, 2009, 10:44 PM
You'll drop points against Arsenal.. 72 hours after playing Wigan..

Before that you'll drop points in your derby..

Im confident.. after watching you lot scrape past a team we humped 5-0, you still have points to drop..

Squeaky Bum Time

RedSpider
5th April, 2009, 11:09 PM
I'm sure lots of football fans will make the same comment and wonder why it always comes whn your losing a game and never when your winning.

Yes plenty of fans will make the comment but only out of bitterness because it's Man U.
United scored after 2 minutes of extra time. 2 or 3 minutes is the norm for most matches

opsmonkey
5th April, 2009, 11:15 PM
3 mins is the norm.. there were also 3 subs.. each sub is worth an extra 30 secs..

old whiskey breath didnt help tapping his watch every 10 secs in the final mins of normal time though.. he gets the extra.. but in this case it didnt matter

Bulld0g
5th April, 2009, 11:26 PM
Yes plenty of fans will make the comment but only out of bitterness because it's Man U.
United scored after 2 minutes of extra time. 2 or 3 minutes is the norm for most matches

Plenty of fans will notice because they will watch that game and say.. Why don't we get lots of injury time, even when we dont deserve it. Those scruffy mancs always get it even when theres none to be played

RedSpider
5th April, 2009, 11:48 PM
there, you see that bitterness? its not your fault all liverpools done for years is sit around and watch bitter rivals win league after league.
If it was the other way round and liverpool had loads of extra time no-one would give 2 hoots. mainly because there is ultimately no real threat from liverpool.
maybe if they keep up the good work they'l have a better chance the season after next

Bulld0g
6th April, 2009, 12:01 AM
there, you see that bitterness? its not your fault all liverpools done for years is sit around and watch bitter rivals win league after league.
If it was the other way round and liverpool had loads of extra time no-one would give 2 hoots. mainly because there is ultimately no real threat from liverpool.
maybe if they keep up the good work they'l have a better chance the season after next

Yawn!!! Donkey shite.

opsmonkey
6th April, 2009, 12:02 AM

we're just teasing you.. making you think you can finally see a bit of sunlight after being in our shaddow for 30 years..

remember 1994?95.. you threw away your last 5 matches then...

as for the no real threat... your lot looked mighty releived to win today, some cock was even crying.. sign of a massive threat.. we're sniffing at your heels.. you'll drop points

melloned
6th April, 2009, 12:40 AM
;) Game on gentlemen ! ;)

RedSpider
6th April, 2009, 10:29 AM
;) Game on gentlemen ! ;)
w may well drop points, but not as many as ur lot will

Bulld0g
6th April, 2009, 10:45 AM
Spider the psychic at it again looking into the future :roflmao:

RedSpider
6th April, 2009, 11:38 AM
don't need psychic powers for that one though lol

chariot
6th April, 2009, 05:03 PM
dont like liverpool or man utd,but hoping liverpool win just to make a change

reddevil1
9th April, 2009, 11:26 PM
torres scored against fulham in the 93rd you dont hear anyone giving out about that.
WE WILL PREVAIL