PDA

View Full Version : Cuberevo = IP 9000HD ?

despdan
7th April, 2009, 08:10 PM
Hi
just a few questions before I buy my next toy:bounce::
Is this box the same as the IP 9000HD?
Are the Images like the dreambox ones?
Can you record both tuners at the same time eg: sat & terrestrial ?
Is the terrestrial tuner HD & mpeg4?

eBay.ie: CUBEREVO High Definition COMBO S2+T PVR Linux Receiver (item 230333397640 end time 24-Apr-09 19:57:35 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.ie/CUBEREVO-High-Definition-COMBO-S2-T-PVR-Linux-Receiver_W0QQitemZ230333397640QQcmdZViewItemQQptZD E_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_TV_Recei ver?hash=item230333397640&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262)

aftermath
8th April, 2009, 09:44 AM
Hi
just a few questions before I buy my next toy:bounce::
Is this box the same as the IP 9000HD?
Are the Images like the dreambox ones?
Can you record both tuners at the same time eg: sat & terrestrial ?
Is the terrestrial tuner HD & mpeg4?

eBay.ie: CUBEREVO High Definition COMBO S2+T PVR Linux Receiver (item 230333397640 end time 24-Apr-09 19:57:35 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.ie/CUBEREVO-High-Definition-COMBO-S2-T-PVR-Linux-Receiver_W0QQitemZ230333397640QQcmdZViewItemQQptZD E_Elektronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_TV_Recei ver?hash=item230333397640&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262)

Question 1 = yes
Question 2 = yes and no ( the normal flash images and totally different to Dreambox ones, but Enigma 2 is very similar to those of the dreambox - these are best putting on a USB stick and having a multiboot system - that way you get the best of both worlds.
Question 3 = yes you can record from both tuners at the same time, but there is still a few bugs( i.e. you will only be able to record 1 HD channel at a time - takes up too much resources. ) you can record 2 channels and watch 2 at the same time as it has a multi screen option too.
Question 4 = i am not 100% but almost certain the Terestrial tuner will be HD as well, as its the box that does the work, the tuner will only give the signal.

All in all , ive made my mind up that the picture quality is far superior to that of the Dreambox 800 now , as ive now seen one working. Also i know a few peeps that have sold their DMs to get a IPbox and they are all saying the same.
And also the hardware is far superior, and support is coming along nicely now. you can now get plugins like, rapidshare downloading straight to the hard drive or USB stick, and Google Earth is on its way too for them.

satman
8th April, 2009, 09:58 AM
Yes Cable and Terrestrial tuners are MPEG4 HD tuners,

Although HD terrestrial doesnt exist on uk or ireland terrestrial yet ;)

despdan
8th April, 2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks lads
That takes care of that ordering one NOW.

@satman RTE are now broadcasting Mpeg4 now & Boxer are to start shortly. Not sure when we will be getting HD.

satman
8th April, 2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks lads
That takes care of that ordering one NOW.

@satman RTE are now broadcasting Mpeg4 now & Boxer are to start shortly. Not sure when we will be getting HD.

ahh Nice,,, Yes well the DVB-T tuners are mpeg4 no worries,
checkout dbros.co.uk for uk dealer i can vouch for ;)
Wish i had some DVB-T HD here :(

I have a few terrestrial tuners for random boxes here in uk too simply because i dont live in a cabled area :)

despdan
24th May, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hi
Have just received a RevoCube sat & terr tuners & now need a little advice.

What image would you advice to put on it?

The best way to flash it usb or serial?

Will i have to use windows software on pc or can I use Ubuntn ?

satman
25th May, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hi
Have just received a RevoCube sat & terr tuners & now need a little advice.

What image would you advice to put on it?

The best way to flash it usb or serial?

Will i have to use windows software on pc or can I use Ubuntn ?

flashing is done by USB on the cuberevo family.
You in ireland am i correct? and are probably be needing the ipbox irish fix I been testing over weekend, I will probably update cli image tonight, ( need to visit hospital today coz stupidly kicked a kerb yesterday instead of a football LOL )

Latest NLB image is pretty solid, though wont decode n2 yet ;)
My last cli image is a bit dated and needing updated with the irish fix i have ready.
enigma2 is still in beta stages ,but getting better and better each time,.

aftermath
25th May, 2009, 11:09 AM
flashing is done by USB on the cuberevo family.
You in ireland am i correct? and are probably be needing the ipbox irish fix I been testing over weekend, I will probably update cli image tonight, ( need to visit hospital today coz stupidly kicked a kerb yesterday instead of a football LOL )

Latest NLB image is pretty solid, though wont decode n2 yet ;)
My last cli image is a bit dated and needing updated with the irish fix i have ready.
enigma2 is still in beta stages ,but getting better and better each time,.
Yep NLB images are fine, also sifteam is a nice image, both very stable. and both have support for downloading updates and plugins.
E2 is your best option if ya familiar with a dreambox.

Satman if ya need a hand with Cli image give me a shout .

satman
25th May, 2009, 11:14 AM
Yep NLB images are fine, also sifteam is a nice image, both very stable. and both have support for downloading updates and plugins.
E2 is your best option if ya familiar with a dreambox.

Satman if ya need a hand with Cli image give me a shout .

cheers m8,, will prob shout tonight on msn ;)

despdan
25th May, 2009, 10:38 PM
@satman
Yes I am in Ireland but don't need the n2 fix yet:) on mmds so still have all channels.
But you never know when they will hit that with n2/3.
Think I will go with the NLB image for starters then maybe multi-boot an E2 image later when i get to know my way around the file system.

vergrivit
10th October, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hi
i can flash NLB images for IP 9000HD to Cuberevo HD?

ianskill
10th October, 2009, 07:38 PM
are you asking or telling us.i think both these boxes have same images,just a rebadged front

vergrivit
10th October, 2009, 08:14 PM
are you asking or telling us.i think both these boxes have same images,just a rebadged front

I'm asking,.

P.S.
sorry my english not very good

aftermath
11th October, 2009, 11:02 AM
I'm asking,.

P.S.
sorry my english not very good

Yes you can flash NLB images to IPbox 9000. Use a usb cable and PCeditor to flash as normal.

Ancestral
6th December, 2009, 10:19 PM
Is NLB best?

aftermath
9th December, 2009, 04:33 PM
Is NLB best?

all images are the same, NLB, SIF e.t.c are all based on the official release so the basics are exactky the same, Only difference is the plugin and add on menu`s.