PDA

View Full Version : 2002 audi a4 pin from cluster?

smokinjoe
22nd July, 2013, 07:16 PM
i'm trying to program a used cluster,bosch rb4,with vagcom but i am getting login pin of 04306 but its not accepted if someone can help me with the correct pin

thanks.

NogaroB5S4
22nd July, 2013, 10:54 PM
You can't get a PIN from dump on RB4 crypto. Only via OBD2 read. Also, used RB4 needs to be set to new identity (Mode 4) from adapted (Mode 6) before you can program to another car.

smokinjoe
23rd July, 2013, 01:33 AM
how can i change ID mode from 6 to 4,what tools will i need and how can i check this?vcds maybe?
so my pin read with k+can could be correct but cannot accept as i am not in mode 4?is this possible?

NogaroB5S4
23rd July, 2013, 04:53 AM
The cluster should accept the PIN, but will not allow you to adapt via VCDS (Adaptation CH50 - immo), unless dash is set to New Identity (Mode 4). Vag k+can won't be able to set Mdoe 4. This is typically done with specific tools such as: DeJaVu, CeeTeam, CarProg or VagDashCan (but you have to be very careful with that one, as it also damages EEPROM sometimes). Also, you can view the dash Mode in Adaptation CH23. CH24 will show you if the cluster is locked and needs to count down. Ch22 shows you if the ECU responds and number of keys programmed.

lupu_sandu
24th July, 2013, 10:06 PM
No shit Sherlock? This dash can be done in no-time using a kkl interface and vag eepromer.
Look in DK and find all info that you need (software and video)

smokinjoe
25th July, 2013, 11:30 PM
just to report,got this one sorted with carprog clone to extract pin and calibrate km,then vcds for programming using ch50 and all is good, i didn't see anything along the way referring to modes 4 and 6 but all went well,

thanks to all for help