PDA

View Full Version : Micra 2003 k12 key

kkats
23rd July, 2013, 06:54 PM
I have bought a micra 2003 and the remote side of the keyfob was missing. The chip was in the old shell so bought a new fob and transferred the chip. Immo working fine. I tried the turning ignition on and off 6 times... press unlock and then lock as per mentioned on the site but still no remote working. The sbb program the key but only if you already have a working remote so effectively just cloning. Is there any way to program the new fob without visiting a rip off dealer.

Thank you for any help in advance.

AdamDavidSzocs
23rd July, 2013, 09:48 PM
K12 Micra uses ID 46 key. No separate transponder, chip is integrated on the key PCB. No need (or way) to program remote. When you program key via OBD, remote programs as well. Syncronisation on every ignition on.
You sure this is a K12?
Older K11 system programs as you tried (ign on 6 times, hold unlock, press lock 3 times)
If so, try to start motor, stop, wait a minute.... Try again.

kkats
23rd July, 2013, 10:22 PM
thank you for the reply the chip was sitting in the corner of the shell so took the one from the new key fob and replaced it immo woring fine just no remote tried the 6 times and buttons thing tonight but no luck will try again. thanks

AdamDavidSzocs
23rd July, 2013, 10:40 PM
Strange, as far as I know, you couldn't progam a separate chip, only the one fob with the PCB integrated chip. TMPro states Micra K12 only accepts this type of remote. I tried to program a separate PCF7936 to a K12 with no success. Wierd. I might be wrong, hope someone else will shed some light on this case.