PDA

View Full Version : Channel problem on Skybox F5 after reflash

apieandpint
24th July, 2013, 11:29 PM
About a month ago, my Skybox F5 developed an L045 error.

I managed to reflash the firmware using the RS232 null modem method and then install a new channel list.

It now appears that, when trying to update to a new channel list, even after deleting the one that was installed, it doesn't set up the favourites as described by the person who uploaded the file. I've tried different channel lists with the same outcome.

I've seen around the forum that you can factory restore your box then upload a channel list, but will this work seeing as I had to reflash mine??

DW190
25th July, 2013, 01:19 AM
About a month ago, my Skybox F5 developed an L045 error.

I managed to reflash the firmware using the RS232 null modem method and then install a new channel list.

It now appears that, when trying to update to a new channel list, even after deleting the one that was installed, it doesn't set up the favourites as described by the person who uploaded the file. I've tried different channel lists with the same outcome.

I've seen around the forum that you can factory restore your box then upload a channel list, but will this work seeing as I had to reflash mine??

Did you use an early software when you reflashed?

You can rename the catagories yourself:

Menu
Favorite Edit
Fav Button
Select the one you wish to change
Yellow (Rename)

Just make sure to leave a letter different if its going to duplicate a name as you cannot have two the same. You can correct it later.

Hadron
25th July, 2013, 10:48 AM
The first time you install a channel list after a firmware update, you need to manually change the Fav names to those on the list. Once you have done this, the names should remain with subsequent updates to the channel list (assuming it's by the same provider).

bus9x
25th July, 2013, 11:23 AM
Try loading AJ's channel list. This happened to me. I think you have loaded a channel list that's not for the F5.

apieandpint
25th July, 2013, 08:06 PM
The lists I've tried are from different providers. I thought if i deleted them before uploading a new list, it would bring that new lists named favourites with it.

I'll delete the channel list I currently have and try AJ's to see if it makes a difference.