PDA

View Full Version : Help Box not working

Bresy
25th July, 2013, 07:14 PM
Came home tonight and when i turned tv on every channel was black with no sound. I rebooted the F5 box and still the same . When i hit the menu button i see the menu background but no options or text .......... Anyone know whats wrong ?

kaisar1
25th July, 2013, 07:24 PM
did you get any message eg 'no signla' or 'scrambled'???

box seems to be working fine mate. if you can see the menu then box is working. is youtube working?

Bresy
25th July, 2013, 07:30 PM
ah no when i turn it on i get black screen no matter what i try , if i press favourites nothing happens still a black screen . When I press the menu button I can see the menu background picture but i get no menu options , no text nothing just a background picture

kaisar1
25th July, 2013, 08:04 PM
never heard of problem like that before. did you install new channel list or firmware recently???

try scart lead and try changing resolution using v format button on remote.

Bresy
25th July, 2013, 09:05 PM
i did that still the same resolution now at 480 nothing changed

maca
25th July, 2013, 09:11 PM
Ah the f5 never fails to keep people busy tying finding out wtf is up with it. try rebooting it check all cables failing that buy a book lol

DW190
25th July, 2013, 10:34 PM
i did that still the same resolution now at 480 nothing changed

When you change the V.format you have to press the button twice at a time. Press Once after one second press again and then wait for a few seconds. If its still black try again and again til you exhausted all the formats.

scotty1965
25th July, 2013, 10:49 PM
Hi same with me it's saying no signal had it on at 8 tonight anybody know anything ?

P&D
25th July, 2013, 10:52 PM
are your FTA channels ok ???

andy91
25th July, 2013, 10:53 PM
Hi same with me it's saying no signal had it on at 8 tonight anybody know anything ?
Start your own thread mate no point hijacking this one. Would help if we also know the symptom's we not psychic Andy

Bresy
26th July, 2013, 06:17 AM
No Ive exhausted the V Format button , Ive gone through them all . I can see on the box display that the format is changing 1080 - 470 etc etc but still black screen. I cant tell what channel is what as I have nothing on screen text just a back screen the only responsive button other than the power button on the remote is the menu button which again brings up the background image but no menu or on screen text. Box also making a small ticking noise not sure if it always did this. Im going to attempt the serial cable dead box retrieval today .

Reflash using serial cable has now been done and will test it at lunchtime today .......... Oh One Thing I havent mentioned is that the night before this happened I was using 2.4Ghz Video sender to send picture to another room this was connect using the composite cables .....