PDA

View Full Version : skybox f5 problem

kopdb
26th July, 2013, 11:15 AM
Hi all im a newbie so not sure if I am missing something simple or bot but here goes. I recived my skybox f5 last night and was toldit was upto date with the latest firmware and ect . I pkugged it in and it loaded to L100 and turned on ok then when I added my sky lead to the back boom it went off I tried again with just hdmi it was fine until I add the sky lead just wondering if there are any settings ect I need ro adjust

ynwa1892
26th July, 2013, 11:18 AM
Are you putting your sky lead into the right place ?

kopdb
26th July, 2013, 11:23 AM
Yea in to the lmb not the loop I wonder if there is any setrings I nees to adjust on the acctual box it shows what sly channels I can have if I payed ect but as soon as I connect it goes into meltdown haha

andy91
26th July, 2013, 11:25 AM
Try hitting the Vformat button on the remote it might be your picture setting that is the problem,also theres a setting on the box for scart(rgb) and hdmi (yuv)

Andy.

P&D
26th July, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hi i had the same problem
do you have the twin cable coming into the house from the dish
If so

Use the other cable

On mine one cable would shut the box down
the other cable worked ok

Also check the F-plug is not shorting out
outer wire touching the inner wire this will cause this problem

Hadron
26th July, 2013, 11:36 AM
It does sound like a short circuit on the LNB lead somewhere.

Why are you plugging in the LNB lead after you have turned the box on though? Have you tried plugging the lead in before turning on the box?

digicon
26th July, 2013, 11:58 AM
As stated you should really be connecting the LNB feed to the box first while it is Unplugged from the mains and then switch everything on other wise you could in theory short circuit either the LNB or the box itself, Also before connecting do as P&D stated and chec the 'F' connector that no stray braid wires are touching the inner core not even one. And then try again

kopdb
26th July, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone fas responses appreciate it will try when I get home

kopdb
26th July, 2013, 02:28 PM
Just plugged my box in and now it say stpt on the front

P&D
26th July, 2013, 07:21 PM
Just plugged my box in and now it say stpt on the front

My F3 always said that i think its the latest firmware that i uploaded to it

craigbfg
26th July, 2013, 08:49 PM
My F3 always said that i think its the latest firmware that i uploaded to it

I am new to this i have an F5 and works fine however i have the 2X leads from the Dish and have plugged them both in Sat and Loop i dont have a problem? Why should you not put the loop cable in?

Thanks for reading...

Hadron
27th July, 2013, 12:02 AM
I am new to this i have an F5 and works fine however i have the 2X leads from the Dish and have plugged them both in Sat and Loop i dont have a problem? Why should you not put the loop cable in?

Thanks for reading...

The loop is an output, not an input. The F5 only has 1 tuner, so only needs 1 connection from the LNB. Your cable connected to the loop socket is doing absolutely nothing.