PDA

View Full Version : evocamd 2.17

tank30
8th April, 2009, 04:48 PM
Anyone got around with making evocamd 2.17 logging in to a remote newcsserver ?

I have IPBOX 200s and i want to install evocamd2.17 on it.
Any idea how?

I am using sifteam image 193. I have tried downloading the client , editing the /var/keys/newcamd_client.txt file but with no success.
This is what i get when i try to run evocamd2.17 :

/var/bin/evocamd_2.17: error while loading shared libraries: libfeynman.so.0: ca nnot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Cheers,
KM

tank30
8th April, 2009, 04:50 PM
forgot to ask one more thing:
to install manually an addon do i copy it in /tmp and then go to Addon manager/manual?
I have tried it and it cannot find the zip file that i copy in the tmp folder.

Devilfish
8th April, 2009, 04:54 PM
Just done a google there and from what I can gather, the libfeynman.so.0 file was missing from 2.17, that's why 2.17a was released. If you can download a later version, use that. Alternatively, I've attached 2.17a. Copy it to /var/bin and rename it exactly as the current file.

A manual addon needs to have a .tar.gz file or .tar.bz2 file in /tmp, a zip file won't work.

tank30
9th April, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks Devilfish!

I am interested in using the SLL encryption feature of the evocamd.
I have googled but i have not found any tutorials for these. I found one or two threads but they were in non-english forums and babelphish was not helpful enough! :banghead:

aftermath
9th April, 2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Devilfish!

I am interested in using the SLL encryption feature of the evocamd.
I have googled but i have not found any tutorials for these. I found one or two threads but they were in non-english forums and babelphish was not helpful enough! :banghead:

you do understand this is the ip box section, and evocamd was not made for the ipbox. ?

tank30
9th April, 2009, 09:37 PM
Hi,
no i was not aware that evocamd does not play well on ipbox. :embarassed:

which cams are suitable for using with ipbox and newcs?

thanks,
KM