PDA

View Full Version : Any advice - VU+ Solo2 Clones

Thebesh
29th July, 2013, 03:49 PM
Hi Guys

I'm running a VU+ Solo2 box and a DM800se Clone (both work perfectly)

I was thinking about getting my folks a cheap box and thought about getting them a DM800se clone, but I'd prefer something with dual tuner. Has anyone got, or used one of the Solo2 clones?

Any experiences good/bad? I see little/no difference in my DM800se clone and it works really well. But for speed and dual tuner I really like the Solo2

Thanks a lot

digicon
29th July, 2013, 04:12 PM
Are these even available yet i know they where in the works a few months back

cactikid
29th July, 2013, 07:50 PM
yes by the bossman and his 40 thieves from china lol

benny/9
29th July, 2013, 09:31 PM
a mate got a genuine solo2 with a hd fitted
two days ago and he told me today it's the
worst box he's ever owned and it's going on the bay
if he's right i dread to think what a clone would be like

cactikid
29th July, 2013, 10:22 PM
what did he do to it,i have a genuine solo2 running vix and very happy and so are many others,so it may depend what he is trying to do.

boyofford
2nd August, 2013, 12:21 PM
a mate got a genuine solo2 with a hd fitted
two days ago and he told me today it's the
worst box he's ever owned and it's going on the bay
if he's right i dread to think what a clone would be like

I've got a genuine Vu+ solo2 running Blackhole and fairly happy with it.

Only two problems with it that I know of are blindscan doesn't work(drivers/hardware issue I believe) and transcoding function is not all its cracked up to be.
Transcoding is at a set level which some people find to low for viewing and others find to high for their bandwidth.

Admittedly I wish I'd waited for the Duo2 but lot more expensive and hopefully vu+ won't forget about this box and will work on the drivers once they've sorted their flagship duo2 out.

I've read some posts about hardware issues too, but not affected me and people have been able to send back under warranty, hope these problems don't affect me in long run.

terayon00
2nd August, 2013, 01:57 PM
I have had a solo2 genuine for 6 months now and this box rocks. It's the best box I have had.

sheraz212
17th August, 2013, 12:05 PM
Solo 2 is amazing box.