PDA

View Full Version : How to fix missing channels for the newbies

P&D
29th July, 2013, 11:34 PM
If some of your channels say scrambled after a frequency change's the easiest way to fix them.....

If you don't know how to update the box with Aj's or Sattv5 channel list (which are the best i have found so far ) via usb then follow the info below.....

You need to find out which transponder the channel has moved to..... Plz see link below provided by cactikid thx mate
or i'm sure others member will update us when this happens....

For example.....

E**N HD has just changed transponder from 12304-H to 11585-H so i guess your channel is scrambled ....

This is the easy part lol...

Lets use the example above .......

Press menu
goto TP list.....(if you cannot enter your TP list because it's not high-lighted plz see post 4# below) Big thx to DW190
Once in the TP list scroll up or down till you find 11585 (Or the transponder channel you want to scan)
press the blue button (search)
yes (press ok)
Let the search run takes a few seconds....

Exit Exit ...

Bob's your uncle channel back....

You will need to this with each channel thats missing......

hope this helps

cactikid
29th July, 2013, 11:57 PM
bookmark this to pc or lappy its the bible for sat lol=when changes happen and that is very often.

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B (28.2?E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php)

P&D
30th July, 2013, 12:19 AM
Go into the menu....sat list.....press ok.....you will see a green tick top left.... exit.......TP list back

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f184/tp-list-others-unhighlighted-356430/#post2041582 thx to DW190

P&D
30th July, 2013, 01:11 AM
what does it mean when says failed when seaching transponders as im missing channels that i should get from client
Helps to know what channels

DW190
30th July, 2013, 08:30 AM
Is there anyway of storing the changed frequency channel to your current channel list. I've found the channel through the search but I've been trying to move it with no joy whatsoever :(

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Of course there is a way, that's how we get the channel lists updated by the likes of AJ who spends quite a lot of time keeping it up to date. (Not easy if your working full time as I do).

When you are in the All List (OK, Red Button, All) select any channel then Menu, Edit Channels, Favorite edit. You then press the Fav Button to selct the Fav you wish to add channels to and go through the list pressing OK to add channels. When done exit making sure you select Yes when asked to save.

If you give yourself about four or five hours you could start from scratch and create a full channel list that suits or spend a short time ammending such as AJ's to suit as I did.

If you really want to make it easy you can get an E2 Linux box and add Auto Bouquetes which sorts them all straight from the Sat at the press of a button or will do it its self if you set the schedule.

Hadron
30th July, 2013, 09:24 AM
bookmark this to pc or lappy its the bible for sat lol=when changes happen and that is very often.

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B (28.2?E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php)

It depends how quickly you want your channel back.

That's a great site, but is often very slow to update channel changes. Can take days sometimes.

If you think a channel may have changed frequency, & you want it back quick, you could do a complete sat scan, find where the channel has moved to, re-install the channel list you were using, then scan the TP that the channel moved to.

...Then let everyone on DK know where it is.

DW190
30th July, 2013, 09:24 PM
when ive rescanned for espn it comes back on but when i want to go back to that channel at a later stage i have to rescan it again

Once you have scanned the TP and got the channel it will be in the ALL list. Make a note of thehen channel number.

When any channel, press OK, Red Button and OK on ALL then go to the channel number you made a note of.

Hadron
31st July, 2013, 08:23 AM
when ive rescanned for espn it comes back on but when i want to go back to that channel at a later stage i have to rescan it again

If you want to replace your current (non-working) ESPN HD with the working one, and put it back into the "Sports" favourite, then I noted down what I had to do as I was doing it. It looks long winded, but when you have done it once, it's quite straightforward.

The channel numbers are based on AJ's list (dated 25-7-13). There are 2 ESPN HD channels on 11585H. the one with SID 3841 is the one listed on KOS.

Press Menu button -> Installation -> TP list.
(If TP list is greyed out, select "satellite list". Press OK to place tick next to line of the satellite you want to scan. Press Exit).
Select TP to scan.
Press OK. Press OK again to confirm.
When search has finished, press OK to confirm ("yes" Search End).
Press Exit twice to get back to Menu.
Select "Edit Channel" Menu.
Select "Channel Edit".
Scroll to old $ESPN HD channel (0157).
Press OK to select it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote, then scroll down to X (delete).
Press OK to delete channel.
Scroll down list to new $ESPN HD channel (0595).
Press OK to select it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote to highlight "MOVE".
Press OK.
Use PG+ & PG- or UP & DOWN triangles on remote to move channel back to position 0157.
Press OK.
Press Exit.
Press OK to confirm changes.
Select "Favorites Edit".
Press "Fav" button on remote.
Scroll to "Sports".
Press OK.
Scroll to 0157 $ESPN HD on left hand "All Satellite" list.
Press OK to tick it.
Press RIGHT triangle on remote to select + (add).
Press OK. A heart will appear next to channel & it will be added to "Sports" list.
Press Exit.
Press OK to confirm change.

btw...this was for an X3 box which, I think, is the same for most other boxes, except maybe the S9,10, & 11.

digicon
31st July, 2013, 07:09 PM
Ok Made this a sticky and removed Posts that are not relevant.

Dont forget no need to post Thanks use the Buttons bottom right 'Like' bottom left 'Thanks' to the Original Posters

tom9999
25th July, 2014, 07:09 AM
If you've followed the suggestions above and are still missing channels, try the following.

So very quickly, I had carried out all of the suggestions and procedures from the thread (TP List search, downloaded the latest AJ lists etc) and I was still missing a number of channels. I was fairly sure it was not an issue covered above so I tried reformatting my USB (saving all of the files off it first). I plugged it back into the box and for some reason (I probably did something wrong!) it wasn't being recognised by my box. So I copied the files onto a different USB, upgraded the relevant ones and the missing channels were now displaying.

Seems obvious now but try upgrading with a new USB :joyous:

bernie631
25th July, 2014, 08:23 PM
I wish I had seen your post before going down another route which has resulted in having no channels

katoy
28th July, 2014, 05:35 PM
I have re-done my f5s box several times and I get all free to air channels but my $ channels just keep saying scrambled don't know what to do ive e-mailed the guy who sold me the box but aint heard a thing back please help me get my channels back

digicon
28th July, 2014, 05:49 PM
@katoy,

I am afraid you will receive no help in trying to get any Scrambled channels back its clearly written in the Forum Rules.

All i will say is Try Google

Fejinwales
1st April, 2015, 08:38 AM

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B (28.2?E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingO**at (http://en.kingo**at.net/pos-28.2E.php)

This link does not work I'm afraid. Wether I am on my VPN or not. I need the listing to get PBS back.

digicon
1st April, 2015, 09:51 AM
This link does not work I'm afraid. Wether I am on my VPN or not. I need the listing to get PBS back.

Try This:
http://en.kingo.f.s.at.net/pos-28.2E.php

Remove the dots before the F and after the s

Fejinwales
1st April, 2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it does go to a site but not the one I need.

digicon
1st April, 2015, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it does go to a site but not the one I need.

same link found straight away:

Astra 2E - PBS UK - 12110 - H - 27500 - 2/3

Fejinwales
2nd April, 2015, 08:47 AM
Goes to a site that says the domian is for sale and there are links to sat companies etc and even Masters Degree stuff...lol. Worst part is that a long time ago I had what I'm looking for bookmarked but now it's gone. I know the links on this post don't work though I'm pretty sure this is where I got the original link all that time ago. I just want to get PBS America back as the new list caused freezing issues and I had accidentally deleted PBS before backing up my original TP. Then I have to find how to do it again.

Hadron
2nd April, 2015, 09:33 AM
Goes to a site that says the domian is for sale and there are links to sat companies etc and even Masters Degree stuff...lol. Worst part is that a long time ago I had what I'm looking for bookmarked but now it's gone. I know the links on this post don't work though I'm pretty sure this is where I got the original link all that time ago. I just want to get PBS America back as the new list caused freezing issues and I had accidentally deleted PBS before backing up my original TP. Then I have to find how to do it again.

As well as deleting the dots before the f & after the s, you need to delete the dot between the f & s.

amit chauhan
10th July, 2015, 01:08 PM
Can someone help me i have an openbox v8s, i have managed t get to the TP list and can see the channel frequency but when i press the blue button it don't seem to be doing anything.

Nutsandbolts
10th July, 2015, 02:05 PM
Hi When you see the channel frequency do you see the signal strength??? Or try a blind scan and see how many channels you pick up.

Regards

amit chauhan
10th July, 2015, 02:07 PM
No for the channels i can view see the signal strength but on the channels that are showing no signal i see grey signal strength

Nutsandbolts
10th July, 2015, 03:29 PM
Hi Its probably because you are looking at frequencies that dont work anymore or other problems. In my opinion the best thing to do is a blind scan this will tell you if there is something wrong with your setup.

Regards

amit chauhan
10th July, 2015, 03:55 PM
What i have found from doing some research is that the channels that are giving "no signal" message have moved transponder and i need to get the new transponder/frequency to get them back up and running but i do not want to update my current custom channel list.

Nutsandbolts
10th July, 2015, 04:08 PM
Hi Its what i told you ie channels have changed frequencies you can do a blind scan and see if missing channels come back or you need to enter the new frequencies manually and do a TP scan. Either way your channel setup will need amending as the old channels dont work anymore. To be honest to make a channel list is not that difficult or you could always take the lazy road and copy someone else channel list which may or not be to your liking.

Regards

Jayob10
2nd August, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hi guys I have a skybox 5, some of my channels are now missing (havent used Aj's update in quite some time). I'm looking to delete all my channels and load AJ's new list to my skybox but I have lost my link as to how to do this step by step.

Would you be able to help me with this link? I know its probably on a sticky somewhere but I cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maca
2nd August, 2015, 01:13 PM
Stick to the same thread mate posting in multiple threads just gets confusing

P&D
2nd August, 2015, 01:46 PM
Hi guys I have a skybox 5, some of my channels are now missing (havent used Aj's update in quite some time). I'm looking to delete all my channels and load AJ's new list to my skybox but I have lost my link as to how to do this step by step.

Would you be able to help me with this link? I know its probably on a sticky somewhere but I cannot find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/358725-AJ-s-Sky-UK-Channel-List-**Only**-Thread-Updated-Regularly?p=2570068&viewfull=1#post2570068

super jumbe
3rd October, 2015, 07:05 AM
Most openboxes with new firmware you will now able to get auto channel list, cwaite and aj’s going to be thing of the past…

snowie14
3rd October, 2015, 09:48 AM
Most openboxes with new firmware you will now able to get auto channel list, cwaite and aj?s going to be thing of the past?
Just on your message there with new firmware do you think the channel list will auto update withouy downloading, any help be great , when is this due out

Hadron
3rd October, 2015, 10:47 AM
Most openboxes with new firmware you will now able to get auto channel list, cwaite and aj’s going to be thing of the past…

If you mean the new firmware that was released a few days ago, then the channel lists still need to be downloaded over the network manually, it's not automatic, and the channel lists they download are actually CWAITE's & AJ's lists, so hardly "a thing of the past".

Unless you are talking about some other firmware in the pipeline?

nhiggins77
26th October, 2017, 06:08 PM
any channel lists without scrambled channels?
so many still working.......