PDA

View Full Version : Loading epub books into ipad

mwhoody
2nd August, 2013, 04:08 PM
I have been sideloading epub books onto my wife's ipad2 for over a year, with no problems.
But for the last little while it seems that everytime I attempt to load more books through itunes they don't load properly, or not at all.
At times they will load but remove a bunch of my other books. When I try to re-cync, I may or may not loose more books.
If I attempt to load say 20 books - I may only get 5 and loose a bunch of the existing books. Or I may not get any of the new books.
It's basically driving me crazy (especially my wife). She loves her ipad2.
According to all instructions, loading books should be a breeze:
- find books
- convert if required
- add new books to itunes
- plug in ipad
- let it update and wait for it to cync
- read books
Not hard
Except for me for some reason
Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or how they solved it
Tahnk you

johnboy1974
4th August, 2013, 08:28 AM
Don't understand what's causing you're problem, have you got the latest version of iTunes.
As a temporary fix you can put the books onto the device using Dropbox. The apps free on the App Store, and you download the program free on your laptop. You drag the book files into the laptop Dropbox and they appear on your ipad like magic.

You can also do the same with the kindle app and email your book files to your kindle account. Kindle uses mobi files unlike your ePub files but you can convert them.

mwhoody
4th August, 2013, 02:37 PM
Dropbox? that's interesting... I do have Dropbox installed. I'll give that a try. And yes, I do have the latest iTunes. Thank you

rossrobson
27th November, 2013, 01:36 PM
Being new to Apple products I struggle with iTunes. I've found the easiest way is just to email the books to myself (download the, on my laptop) and open the email and attachment on my iPad. They open in iBooks and appear to be saved there as deleting the email makes no difference