PDA

View Full Version : external enclosure .

skinterz
29th May, 2008, 12:17 AM
alright

i have a pioneer DVR-108 and want to use it as an external for my laptop.

ive been looking at icy box but confused at the different specs and wich one is compatible if at all with my model .i contacted one company asking if the icy box model they had would fit mine and they said no .

ive done some digging around and coming across peeps who have the same pioneer as mine and are using an 5.2 enclosure with oxford chipset.

any help with this be appreciated the guy who sold me laptop said it cant be done but im hoping to prove him wrong haha .

if i cant get an enclosure for it what ide to usb connections do i need ?.

cheers

jase

<--skinterz added 674 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...-->

well i know if i cant find an answer here ill never get one haha .

ive looked everywhere for an enclosure for my drive but give up ,so decided to go for a ide to usb kit instead ,and after doing a good search found this: http://nexons.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=37

so if you stuck like i was and you stumble in here try that .

cheers

skinters

techquest
3rd June, 2008, 10:50 AM
Been taking a look at this and can't see why it cannot fit an extrnal as it seems to me to be fairly standard in its dimensions and it has to fit in a pc case so therefore seems it ought to fit in a standard external enclosure built for a cd/dvd. The interface is a standard as well so? Unless I'm missing something.

The nexons product is a good bet anyway as you then have the ability to use it for the various types of drives you come across. Seems like a sensible way to go if you think about it. Just ordered one so thanks for the link.

gazz10
3rd June, 2008, 12:07 PM
Get the same things from ebay for pennies

Only thing is the postage that kills it .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-2-0-TO-SATA-IDE-2-5-3-5-INCH-CABLE-W-POWER-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ360058094471QQihZ023QQcategoryZ41 994QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

techquest
4th June, 2008, 10:03 AM
Yeah Item number: 150251525218 ?6.99 + ?3.99 Postage