PDA

View Full Version : Epg and recording facilities

sofia
2nd August, 2013, 08:40 PM
Hi I have a skybox f3 which can only record wjat you watch and a now and next epg..can anyone suggest a good box with a 7 days epg that really works and where I can record channels whilst watching another,,thanks

ramjet
2nd August, 2013, 08:58 PM
buy an original vu solo or vu duo 2 , or a tm twin

cactikid
2nd August, 2013, 10:10 PM
one of benefits of having a better box with better support it works and you get to look at tv while knowing your recording is working [ oh bugger forgot no internal hdd lol ]:pepsi:

sofia
2nd August, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks for that do they have internal hdd and ive seen a blade 700s or something,its the new one,that fits my budget ??? what do you think of the blade box as I have a external hdd at home for it ?

Thanks

sofia
2nd August, 2013, 10:31 PM
one of benefits of having a better box with better support it works and you get to look at tv while knowing your recording is working [ oh bugger forgot no internal hdd lol ]:pepsi:

Haha that answers 1 of my qustions thanks cactikid

ramjet
2nd August, 2013, 10:33 PM
blade 7000s is a quite good box and you can download a 24/7 epg onto it, but its only a single tuner , not twin , and can only accept an external hdd

in this game you get what you pay for

cactikid
2nd August, 2013, 10:33 PM
no not seen the new one,but if you want to record a twin tuner box is whats needed,duo and solo2 can have internal and external hdd you choose,but a powered hdd is better as less stress on box and usb.

sofia
2nd August, 2013, 11:59 PM
Blade Media BM7000S 1080p HD PVR LAN Satellite Receiver 3D Ready Streaming | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blade-Media-BM7000S-1080p-HD-PVR-LAN-Satellite-Receiver-3D-Ready-Streaming-/321011066717?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Recei vers&hash=item4abdc0275d)

Hi guys just come across this and it says record 2 channels and watch another hmmm your the best people to comment on this as I know the duo is the best box but cant afford that atm,thanks

ramjet
3rd August, 2013, 12:04 AM
Blade Media BM7000S 1080p HD PVR LAN Satellite Receiver 3D Ready Streaming | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blade-Media-BM7000S-1080p-HD-PVR-LAN-Satellite-Receiver-3D-Ready-Streaming-/321011066717?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Recei vers&hash=item4abdc0275d)

Hi guys just come across this and it says record 2 channels and watch another hmmm your the best people to comment on this as I know the duo is the best box but cant afford that atm,thanks

no it doesnt say that

it actually says this

It has one tuner onboard and up to two channels can be recorded while you watch a third, provided all are on the same transponder.

and that quote is from an old whatsat mag review, but is correct if you read it in its entireity

note the last point provided all are on the same transponder.

sofia
3rd August, 2013, 12:10 AM
Any recommended sites to buy a ORIGINAL duo2 box as scared in case its CLONE??? Thanks again

cactikid
3rd August, 2013, 09:14 AM
i have asked elsewhere on the home of vix if any members are upgrading:top:

ramjet
3rd August, 2013, 09:18 AM
Any recommended sites to buy a ORIGINAL duo2 box as scared in case its CLONE??? Thanks again

duo2 only came out this week on pre-orders so you will be lucky to buy one and I cannot see it being cloned for some time
try goldwafers if you want a genuine box of any type

cactikid
3rd August, 2013, 09:50 AM
i was wearing dirty glasses i thought it was a second hand duo lol,the vu solo2 is cheaper and a cracker of a box also if money is tight.