PDA

View Full Version : Skybox f3 - hdmi not working

tshuma
2nd August, 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi

I have a skybox f3. It's not showing on HDMI but I can see stuff on AV.

Secondly it's not allowing me to upgrade using the latest scooby snacks. I get an error message which says upgrade file is mismatch. I have used this upgrade file on skybox f3 boxes before with no problems at all. I know there are people with similar problems but there is no consensus on the forum as to what causes these problems and the few solutions suggested so far have not worked.

Help would be appreciated. I can only watch free channels on this box.

Nick

DW190
2nd August, 2013, 10:47 PM
Hi

Secondly it's not allowing me to upgrade using the latest scooby snacks. I get an error message which says upgrade file is mismatch. I have used this upgrade file on skybox f3 boxes before with no problems at all. I know there are people with similar problems but there is no consensus on the forum as to what causes these problems and the few solutions suggested so far have not worked.

Nick

There are a number of V.Formats on the box.

Try different onse by pressing V Format button on the remote. Press once then once again after 1 second then wait about 5-6 seconds. If no pic tray again. Try 5 or 6 times to go through all the formats. Make sure you have the correct HDMI port selected.

tshuma
3rd August, 2013, 05:48 PM
There are a number of V.Formats on the box.

Try different onse by pressing V Format button on the remote. Press once then once again after 1 second then wait about 5-6 seconds. If no pic tray again. Try 5 or 6 times to go through all the formats. Make sure you have the correct HDMI port selected.

I have tried the v-format several times. I did it before posting on the forum and did it again after reading your suggestion but no results. I did point out on my post that I can view and listen using AV cables.

What about about my second question, does anyone know why this box is refusing to upgrade and throwing out an error message "upgrade file is mismatch"?

southpaw
3rd August, 2013, 08:42 PM
File mismatch means upgrading by USB has been disabled , prob because it's a clone, only method you can use is null modem cable, which should then work with that file

tshuma
6th August, 2013, 04:37 PM
File mismatch means upgrading by USB has been disabled , prob because it's a clone, only method you can use is null modem cable, which should then work with that file

I have tried using null modem cable on other boxes and I have not had much luck so far. Is there a way to tell for sure that this box is a clone or not because I paid for an original?

Dolfie
7th August, 2013, 11:24 PM
I have tried using null modem cable on other boxes and I have not had much luck so far. Is there a way to tell for sure that this box is a clone or not because I paid for an original?

Sometimes the hd port just packs in had a few of these but why dont you try using the ypbrpr (green,red,blue) these are high definintion video and as near as hd 1080p so better than phono - only thing is your tv will need the relevant ypbrpr and you will need audio left and right on tv and use the audio left and right on the other 2 on skybox

anno 1366
8th August, 2013, 07:16 AM
hi, i had same prob with f3 ,hd not working but worked with red yellow blue cables.
tried it on another tv and hd worked fine.so left f3 connected to tv that hd worked
for approx 6 months .
i have just had motor connected to dish so i had to put f3 back on tv where hd did
not work ,but now hd works again ,not changed settings on tv .so i think its not tv
settings ,cannot say what made hd work ,but try on different tv

sattv5
8th August, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hi

Nick

You will normally find the mismatch error if the box is a clone
I have uploaded the Skybox F3 Clone Software for you try

buzjay
1st September, 2013, 11:28 PM

I tried with this file also and same mismatch again and again ... HELP, the last firmware on some site is from may and on other is the firmware from march...

Any idea or solution please

tshuma
12th October, 2013, 02:04 PM

Do you have another clone software for me to try I have tried this one without any success. Thanks for the software anyway.