PDA

View Full Version : easy way to flash 5 solo's

athenrybhoy
3rd August, 2013, 10:57 PM
hi guys
i've been asked by my mate to flash bh to 5 solo's for himself and 4 workmates , it usually takes me hours to get everything sorted,i normally disable most of bh plugin's,install autobouquets,ts media and ondemand plugin's. i set up a usb stick for epg,picon's and swap file,
after i run autobouquets (region rep of ire hd) i have to delete all variations of channel 4 as they are nds versions and swap them with fta versions , bbc 1 hd is on 141 but we would normally get bbc 1 ni hd so have to swap that out aswell,i use a usb dvb-t tuner too and swap out all the nds rte's ect for fta versions (see why it takes so long).... can i set up 1 box save all my settings and put all same settings on other 4 boxes or at least get autobouquets to ditch these nds versions

RuberDuck
4th August, 2013, 10:48 AM
Once the first receiver is setup to your liking just make a backup of that and flash it to the others, minus any personal info ( cant and wont really go any further into that ).

more importantly if it's taking you several hours to setup a single box your doing something wrong, it takes me 20 minutes at the very most to setup one of my boxes from scratch but then again i dont use BH.

athenrybhoy
4th August, 2013, 07:57 PM
Once the first receiver is setup to your liking just make a backup of that and flash it to the others, minus any personal info ( cant and wont really go any further into that ).

more importantly if it's taking you several hours to setup a single box your doing something wrong, it takes me 20 minutes at the very most to setup one of my boxes from scratch but then again i dont use BH.

its not the flashing its autobouquets selecting nds channels instead of fta.... deleting and replacing the nds channels with fta and same with channels from usb dvb-t is where my time is wasted..what kind of backup will save all the plugins and bouquets/schannels that i want and where do i back them up to usb/pc ?,and how do i get same onto next box..at what stage will i get chance/option to restore backup . (dont mind having to go back to each box changing 1 piece of info)...would vix be easier? never really gave vix a chance,flashed it once , had all my plugins (and other stuff) working on it but picture did'nt really fit into screen if you know what i mean ,i'd be watching sky sports news and some of scores on sidebar and sliding infobar were not on fully screen ...anyway thats for another thread

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 08:12 PM
i only use vix and love it,sweet and simple without all those other things,each tv screen is different and on settings in position setup you adjust your screen to fit.

athenrybhoy
4th August, 2013, 08:27 PM
i only use vix and love it,sweet and simple without all those other things,each tv screen is different and on settings in position setup you adjust your screen to fit.
i did have a long look in av/settings,(spent a couple of hours) just could'nt sort it should have come on here at time and asked.. ,been using bh for about a year and the wife is just getting used to it so dont think i could change now! there was murder when i got rid of **y

RuberDuck
6th August, 2013, 02:34 PM
its not the flashing its autobouquets selecting nds channels instead of fta.... deleting and replacing the nds channels with fta and same with channels from usb dvb-t is where my time is wasted..what kind of backup will save all the plugins and bouquets/schannels that i want and where do i back them up to usb/pc ?,and how do i get same onto next box..at what stage will i get chance/option to restore backup . (dont mind having to go back to each box changing 1 piece of info).

simply use the image manager.
Blue button> ViX> Image manager. = This allows you to create a full image backup to the location of your choosing that can be reflashed either via a USB stick as with any other image or directly through the image manager it self. I have a tutorial for this but cant post it here as it's heavily branded with the ViX home forum.

..would vix be easier? never really gave vix a chance,flashed it once , had all my plugins (and other stuff) working on it but picture did'nt really fit into screen if you know what i mean ,i'd be watching sky sports news and some of scores on sidebar and sliding infobar were not on fully screen ...anyway thats for another thread

well i am very biased towards ViX so wont say any more but with reference to your picture issues, this is to do with your TV not the image, google overscan to see what i mean.

RuberDuck
6th August, 2013, 02:35 PM
i did have a long look in av/settings,(spent a couple of hours) just could'nt sort it should have come on here at time and asked.. ,been using bh for about a year and the wife is just getting used to it so dont think i could change now! there was murder when i got rid of **y

ViX is a very wife friendly image and a lot easier to navigate / setup for the novice than any other image, in my opinion.

athenrybhoy
6th August, 2013, 11:30 PM
do vix support usb dvb-t tuners ,on bh just plug in and its recognized staight away,adjust settings for europe terrestrial and do a scan

RuberDuck
7th August, 2013, 01:09 AM
yes dvb-t is supported although you may need to install the drivers from the feeds as we dont install them all by default.