PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo2 Complete Newbie

jonny392
4th August, 2013, 03:20 PM
So let me first of all say that I am a complete newbie to all of this, but after some light reading I have purchased a VU+ Solo 2 box off ebay. I am now waiting for delivery of the box. What all will I be required to do to set up my box? I currently have sky installed so I take it I just take the sky leads and plug them into the back of the solo2 box? I then will have to purchase a gift package say 12 month. After this what is required for me to get all Sky channels? Anything else I need to know I am willing to learn. Thanks

digicon
4th August, 2013, 04:21 PM
The $ly Channel part and how to get them illegally cannot be discussed on this forum anything else to do with the Solo2 and we will gladly be able to help.

On a personal note spending ?300 on a satellite receiver for just 28.2? east at this point is suicide if you ask me, You really should have done some research into what is happening with this satellite and its encryption method before you parted with your hard earned.

The ?300 would have got you a cheaper box and a Full motorised system that would have lasted for years to come.

Regards

jonny392
4th August, 2013, 04:59 PM
Sorry I meant to say I have not purchased yet but I am thinking of purchasing it. What would your suggested route be to go down?

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 05:22 PM
a motorized sat dish or a rack to enable getting other sats if 28.2 goes funny,freesat will still work so will still need it.i hope the vu solo2 is original and not a clone.

jonny392
4th August, 2013, 05:39 PM
Why would my own dish go funny? How do I go about a motorised dish or rack? Sorry not familiar with these. Yes the solo2 is not a clone.

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 06:04 PM
if encryption or by other means non providers box wont show sports and movies and other channels on 28.2 as that is why by other means motorized or rack.
a lot of people will get a rude awakening with other boxes on a fixed dish only on 28.2,today tomorrow sometime we dont know when.

a lot of your favourite channels maybe out of reach in the near future so having extra to pick up from other sats can be a bonus.

jonny392
4th August, 2013, 06:12 PM
ok so what all will I need for this set up? what box am I best with? I want to be able to record and watch a different channel and have good tv listings to flick through and record programs in advance. I felt the VU+ Solo2 box was the best for this

cactikid
4th August, 2013, 08:02 PM
it is one of the best but everybody is told of a possible change to viewing,all the people with fixed sat on 28.2 will need extra sat coverage with a motorized dish or a fixed dish with a rack of lnbs to get other sats.
you could go for the box and when it changes either add a motorized or rack setup later.
solo gives you 7 day epg and you can set timer recordings.

jonny392
5th August, 2013, 09:31 AM
Ok thanks for the info, so the vu+ solo2 box will be ok with my sky dish in the mean time? Then I can just hook up a motorised dish in the future if required? Is the Duo2 box worth the extra cash? thanks

cactikid
5th August, 2013, 10:38 AM
for yourself you will be very happy with the vu solo2,only the real sat guys will like the duo2 as its up their road bit out of reach for most of us.

yes solo2 will work on your dish.

guevara321
7th October, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi I have just done the same waiting on delivery of solo2 and have a fixed dish but have read that if it 28.2 goes belly up I can move my dish to 19 east and I can get up to 90% of what I was getting with sly UK. Is that about right? Cheers

benny/9
7th October, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hi I have just done the same waiting on delivery of solo2 and have a fixed dish but have read that if it 28.2 goes belly up I can move my dish to 19 east and I can get up to 90% of what I was getting with sly UK. Is that about right? Cheers
i think you can bet there will be big changes for 28e
and unless you get a motorised dish you could have
a very expensive free to air set up, as for setting up
on 19e there is a reasonable choice of channels but
it does'nt have 90% of whats on 28e

terayon00
7th October, 2013, 08:04 PM
is IPTV the way forward?

guevara321
7th October, 2013, 08:25 PM
i think you can bet there will be big changes for 28e
and unless you get a motorised dish you could have
a very expensive free to air set up, as for setting up
on 19e there is a reasonable choice of channels but
it does'nt have 90% of whats on 28e
Thanks just what I was told on another forum. Mainly I just use it for football, sky Atlantic and children's channels when my boy comes to stay. Was told that 19e would show most of that? Don't think motorised is possible as I stay top flat in as tenement building. What about multisat ( I think thats right term?) Could maybe set up like 19e and 13e, would that get most of what I'm looking for? Plus as other guy says I'm interested in the IPTV for future and was told the solo2 would be good for it eventually? Cheers