PDA

View Full Version : Kryptview on MMDS in Ireland

lammy
10th April, 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi,

Just purchased a kryptview A750 last week.

I live in Ireland and purchased this unit to replace my starview 3

box super. I use a MMDS aerial to receive my signal.

Since I made the switch I cannot pick up any channels either before the firmware

upgrade or after the firmware upgrade.

The kryptview A750 should work as a direct replacement correct?

I didn?t receive a manual with the unit so I?m wondering am I missing

an obvious step in the process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mtv1
10th April, 2009, 08:33 PM
hi i would have stuck to the starview personal choice i had a kryptview and i had to manually input transponders hope things have changed your in the right place though :wink:

wilf
10th April, 2009, 09:58 PM
dont know much about mmds as were all cable here in the uk. if you press menu installation make sure you select the correct provider for your area, n*l or Ch**us or whoever before you scan.

Tinnycan
4th July, 2009, 02:32 PM
Have the same problem, did you sort it out ?

EAMO 2
4th July, 2009, 02:56 PM
Have the same problem, did you sort it out ?

In auto search select NTL press green
Press green every time you are given options
After transponder found LEGACY OPTION should show on screen
Select correct LEGACY for your area then continue scan
If no channels are found you begin again & select other LEGACY
& scan again.

satsmo
4th July, 2009, 03:31 PM
For NThell MMDS in Ireland using the Kryptview you need to manually scan each transponder. If you are on Chor8s MMDS you have the wrong box.

Also you must state what part of Ireland you are in as frequencies will differ.

caolan
4th July, 2009, 05:16 PM
I am in Co. Waterford (Tramore), on mmds, having the same trouble with kryptview. Been at this all day, and at the end of my tether. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Also, what exactly are transponders? are they the codes? and how do you manually enter them? I am a complete noob, we had a starview previous to this box and it used to just update itself

EAMO 2
4th July, 2009, 05:38 PM
I am in Co. Waterford (Tramore), on mmds, having the same trouble with kryptview. Been at this all day, and at the end of my tether. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Also, what exactly are transponders? are they the codes? and how do you manually enter them? I am a complete noob, we had a starview previous to this box and it used to just update itself

Go to MENU; USER PREF; SAT TP EDIT
hilite NTL scroll right & manually enter TRANSPONDER values
follow prompts on bottom of screen saving each value.
Go back to installation & manual scan each TRANSPONDER
If you can't manage PM a landline no. & i will ring you

caolan
4th July, 2009, 05:41 PM
cheers, ill input them now and keep everything crossed. don't have landline, but if i have trouble pm me ur number and ill call you. thanks again :)

caolan
4th July, 2009, 06:01 PM
manual scan keeps failing on 8 & 9, the symbol rate is 0 on both. tried changing to 6.887 but no luck. have some channels but it says waiting on code update on the rest. should i just leave it update itself?

cactikid
4th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
has the arnet being flashed with the latest firmware?

caolan
4th July, 2009, 06:16 PM
that's probably what the problem is (duh!)...i flashed the 13032009 because i thought the 19032009 wasn't working on my box. ill flash it again and see...
thanks

caolan
4th July, 2009, 06:26 PM
thanks Eamonn and Cactikid...have all the channels!

EAMO 2
4th July, 2009, 06:28 PM
manual scan keeps failing on 8 & 9, the symbol rate is 0 on both. tried changing to 6.887 but no luck. have some channels but it says waiting on code update on the rest. should i just leave it update itself?

When you are finished scanning go to SYSTEM SETTINGS
OTHER SETTINGS turn POWER SEARCH MODE to ON
put box on stand-by overnight & it will manual scan all night
It's possible some of those VALUES I posted may have been altered
by cable co. You could check on a nearby working box

cactikid
4th July, 2009, 11:31 PM
thanks Eamonn and Cactikid...have all the channels!
its the little things that get overlooked lol. well done and enjoy.:congrats:

Tinnycan
4th July, 2009, 11:50 PM
For NThell MMDS in Ireland using the Kryptview you need to manually scan each transponder. If you are on Chor8s MMDS you have the wrong box.

Also you must state what part of Ireland you are in as frequencies will differ.

Thanks will let you know how I get on.

Tinnycan
5th July, 2009, 05:18 PM
Go to MENU; USER PREF; SAT TP EDIT
hilite NTL scroll right & manually enter TRANSPONDER values
follow prompts on bottom of screen saving each value.
Go back to installation & manual scan each TRANSPONDER
If you can't manage PM a landline no. & i will ring you

Put these in but getting failed after scan. Any ideas.

cactikid
5th July, 2009, 10:09 PM
do u have the latest firmware on box,please state which one you flashed with.

mpg
6th July, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hello guys,
A friend of a friend told me yesterday that this Kriptview a750 or something like that still worked in IRELAND.and will continue to work for at least 12-24 months.Any people know of the chances of this happening.
I am going to go out and buy this box,just wanted to ask,as i live in dublin if they will work.I think,pretty sure that c@urus is my house.
So my questions are:

How long you think/estimate that the Kriptveiw will continue to work in Ireland/dublin.

Will this box work with N@L and C@urus.

If anybody knows any1 selling Kryptviwe boxes in dublin,could you pm me some details.

Sorry guys for all the questions and Thanks guys for your replys in advance.

Tinnycan
6th July, 2009, 10:06 PM
Hello guys,
A friend of a friend told me yesterday that this Kriptview a750 or something like that still worked in IRELAND.and will continue to work for at least 12-24 months.Any people know of the chances of this happening.
I am going to go out and buy this box,just wanted to ask,as i live in dublin if they will work.I think,pretty sure that c@urus is my house.
So my questions are:

How long you think/estimate that the Kriptveiw will continue to work in Ireland/dublin.

Will this box work with N@L and C@urus.

If anybody knows any1 selling Kryptviwe boxes in dublin,could you pm me some details.

Sorry guys for all the questions and Thanks guys for your replys in advance.

I Know your a newbe like myself, but please dont hijack threads with your question. You can post a new topic and you will probally get more answers.

Tinnycan
6th July, 2009, 10:10 PM
do u have the latest firmware on box,please state which one you flashed with.

Got it working after a few hours. Deleated all the transponders on it and got 9/10 transponders from his ntl mmds box. Input these into kryptview and scanned each one. Working fine now.
Thanks for the help all.

mid
4th August, 2009, 11:22 PM
I am in Co. Kildare (Sallins), on mmds, having the same trouble with kryptview. Been at this for 3 days now, and at the my breaking point.. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Also, what exactly are transponders? are they the codes? and how do you manually enter them? I am a complete noob, this is my first box.

EAMO 2
6th August, 2009, 12:50 AM
I am in Co. Kildare (Sallins), on mmds, having the same trouble with kryptview. Been at this for 3 days now, and at the my breaking point.. Help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Also, what exactly are transponders? are they the codes? and how do you manually enter them? I am a complete noob, this is my first box.

PM Tinnycan, I'm sure he will help you, same as he was helped by others

floodie
16th February, 2010, 02:02 PM
Hi Eamo
I have a Eurovox TX box and currently have all channels. Bought it with firmware. Still working fine. My brother wants something similar and is also in a MMDs area. Any suggestions...you seem to be well in tune :-)

EAMO 2
16th February, 2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Eamo
I have a Eurovox TX box and currently have all channels. Bought it with firmware. Still working fine. My brother wants something similar and is also in a MMDs area. Any suggestions...you seem to be well in tune :-)

Is your brother in cho*us mmds area or N*L mmds area.
T-boxes still working in cho*us mmds areas
All N*L mmds areas are gone to NAGRA 3, boxes have no fix
unless you hook LAN box to internet & look at C/S method.
Be warned; cho*us mmds could go NAGRA 3 anytime

cactikid
16th February, 2010, 10:28 PM
i believe cards in post.

glic83
17th February, 2010, 02:24 PM
yeah in fairness its been coming for a while now the fact that th rest of Ireland is on n3 and has been for a while and mmds only on n1 only a few months at most id say

floodie
19th February, 2010, 03:22 PM
Thanks Eamo, will there be another option to change over to something else?....excuse my ignorance but newbie as you can see!!!

floodie
19th February, 2010, 03:23 PM
Sorry brother and I both in MMDS C...us are!