PDA

View Full Version : Can't FTP or AFP to duo

happysv
8th August, 2013, 10:10 PM
Hi guys
Updated to the latest VIX image and now I can only connect as a guest using Afp on the mac and FTP fails to connect using windows pc.
All was fine before the update.
I backed up from a early version that worked previously but the blue loader with world of sat on it remained.
I take it this is the boot loader ?
Tried root as user name and left the password blank then tried vu.
Any ideas ?

RuberDuck
8th August, 2013, 10:46 PM
what version did you update from and did you use a backup from that version ??.

athenrybhoy
9th August, 2013, 07:29 PM
had something similar a few months back was told on here,reboot stb and router, go back into your network settings to check ip address ... worked for me

happysv
9th August, 2013, 10:29 PM
what version did you update from and did you use a backup from that version ??.

It was at least 10 months old ,sorry don't know the actual version but yes used backed up settings on the new image.

cactikid
9th August, 2013, 11:12 PM
might not have been compatible with newer releases?ah did you run through the setup again and let box connect to internet or the channel you are on is encrypted.

happysv
10th August, 2013, 09:45 AM
might not have been compatible with newer releases?ah did you run through the setup again and let box connect to internet or the channel you are on is encrypted.

Updated then it asked do you want to restore setting which I did.
All the channels are still in place etc.
do you think I should do a complete clean install ?

DOUGALMCD
10th August, 2013, 12:46 PM
Your channels are in place? Do they work and is it just a new channel list that you need to ftp?

happysv
10th August, 2013, 01:02 PM
No I need to FTP a new line etc
Everything works apart FTP won't connect.

manster
10th August, 2013, 01:34 PM
i am having the same problem after last update I cannot find the VU on my network even though SAMBA is enabled ?

DOUGALMCD
10th August, 2013, 01:40 PM
Check your network settings as it sounds like your ip connection with router. Try rebooting box and router.

manster
10th August, 2013, 05:42 PM
I have rebooted everything several times , if you put the boxes ip address in browser it is there and you can control it but I cant find it in network ? possible windows 7 problem ?

happysv
11th August, 2013, 09:53 AM
Sorted mine.
Put the latest VIX image on and didn't restore setting.
So basically a fresh install.