PDA

View Full Version : Skybox F5 'no signal' issue

TheDigitalOne
8th August, 2013, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the scene, got myself a skybox f5 the other day. I have been having issues with some channels saying no signal. I have done some research and I believe its the horizontal / vertical voltage issue.
I have a Sky+ box in another room connected to the same lnb, when this box is connected to the dish I get the no signal problem with some channels on the skybox f5, when I disconnect the Sky+ box from the lnb, all the channels on the skybox start working, then some go to no signal soon as the Sky+ box is reconnected.
I have ordered a no signal fix from ebay, basically the one that's a short length of cable with the diode/cap wired into it. While I am waiting for that to come in the post I wanted to check if all vertical channels are saying no signal and all horizontal are working, I haven't been able to find a list that says what channels are what though, can anyone point me in the right direction to one?
Also, I tried the lnb power test by turning off lnb power in the settings, but when I do that all channels say no signal? I thought that should make the no signal channels work, but stop the other channels working?

Thanks

digicon
9th August, 2013, 11:27 AM
If you turn the LNB Power Off no channel will work as you basically switched the LNB off, If using an official receiver on the same LNB then you have done the right solution by ordering the Diode Fix.

Hadron
9th August, 2013, 12:50 PM
...I have ordered a no signal fix from ebay, basically the one that's a short length of cable with the diode/cap wired into it. While I am waiting for that to come in the post I wanted to check if all vertical channels are saying no signal and all horizontal are working, I haven't been able to find a list that says what channels are what though, can anyone point me in the right direction to one?...

There are a few sites where you can view a list of channels on various satellites, along with their frequency & H/V info etc.

My favourite is King of Sat:-

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2D / Astra 2F / Eutelsat 28A / Eutelsat 28B (28.2?E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat (http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php)

DanAlarms
9th August, 2013, 08:59 PM
I'm having the same problem. If your no signal fix works could you let me know cheers!

donshaggy
9th August, 2013, 11:53 PM
I'm having the same problem. If your no signal fix works could you let me know cheers!

The no signal fix works like magic, had similar problems with my box when I first set it up and tried virtually everything until I was pointed in the direction of the fix, since then all good

TheDigitalOne
10th August, 2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. My fix came in the post today, I can confirm its done the job very well! The one I got was a small length of cable that had the diode/cap soldered into it, I also saw ones that had a small box with it all in, they might be more durable in the long run but the one I have is fine.