PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ?7000 FOR A DAMAGED CAR

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 08:22 PM
Me and the misses picked a zafira from car express cost just under ?6000 I asked for a test drive but was told it was custom policy that they needed serviced and valeted before we drove it.

So we says ok but then they said we need to make sure the finace went through before the paid for the service and valet so we were total stupid and signed the finace forms. (yesterday)

So we got a phone call today to say the car was ready it had a full MOT and service and valet.

I drove down at 2pm this afternoon picked the car up and took it straight back before 3pm because the gear stick wouldnt go into 3rd without a good placement and it felt dead no spring back into neutral so I had my suspisions we had been stung and the car feels like its done 140k not 40k its a 2003 2.0 diesel.

The manager came out and told me i had signed for it its now my car (lol)
he said hed fix it and he has the right 14 days to do this.

He was a stocky big fellow and it was funny we hadnt seen him the times we visited the garage before anyway im not shy of a arguement and told him i didnt want the car i was stopping the finance with the bank of scotland and chucked the keys at him and says i want to pick another car at the same value are nothing at all and hed pay in the long run.

we had a argument and before i lost it I walked away as im already on a crowncourt suspended sentace (id a glady got stuck in if this wasnt the case)

so now we have a ?6700 finance agreement with the bank of scotland and no car as im not giving the prick the satasfaction of ripping us off.

what can we do any ideas folk we are gutted to top it off my mother recently passed away we decided to treat are selfs to a new motor to cheer are selfs up. things just keep getting worse think ill hit some stella tonight lol:viking:

thommo
28th May, 2008, 08:49 PM
i dont understand the problem now, you say you have the money and you,ve returned the car is that right?

if so just buy another from somewhere else, or are you asking what car to get?

if so id say (cos i just bought one) a new shape mini, its the most fun ive had in a car in years.

Devilfish
28th May, 2008, 08:49 PM
Contact your local citizens advice bureau and see what options you have.

Surely there's a period where you can change your mind?

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 08:55 PM
i dont understand the problem now, you say you have the money and you,ve returned the car is that right?

if so just buy another from somewhere else, or are you asking what car to get?

if so id say (cos i just bought one) a new shape mini, its the most fun ive had in a car in years.

thommo we got the car on hp finance but we stupidly signed the finance forms before we drove the car we took the car straight back because its basically a knacker but the dealer says we signed the forms so its too late this was all in 1 hour so he says we have to give him time to get the car fixed heres a email i just sent the company

thommo
28th May, 2008, 08:57 PM
NO AS DEVILFISH SAYS REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU SIGNED THERES ALWAYS A COOLING OFF PERIOD. sugar sorry for caps.

do as devilfish says or read the copy of the thing you signed very carefully as it should mention a cooling off period somewhere, dont take the car. id even contact the bank who you got the agreement off, they wont want there money going on a dead car either.

smirnoff_rules
28th May, 2008, 09:00 PM
lm sure u have a cooling off period of a few days ... l would of drove it back in first gear at 60 mph lol

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 09:01 PM
Contact your local citizens advice bureau and see what options you have.

Surely there's a period where you can change your mind?

Thats what i was thinking its the finace we need to sort out we paid a ?500 deposit to the garage aswell though which we are willing to loose if we can stop the finace agreement be dont want to wreck are credit status as we are struggling for a morgage also

thommo
28th May, 2008, 09:04 PM
thing is id stand by my guns and demand another car, if there's nothing wrong with the one they sold you there shouldn't be a problem as its the same money going to them at the end of the day.

stand firm i say.

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 09:07 PM
lm sure u have a cooling off period of a few days ... l would of drove it back in first gear at 60 mph lol

always have the right answer smirn lol if i dont get a different car he will be 50 cars down cos ill blow his 4 court up twat :goodpost:

aftermath
28th May, 2008, 09:09 PM
Stop the agreement.
The car is not in condition for what you paid for.
they got to back down. maybe offer you another vehicle for the problems the caused you might get a better one.

NEXT TIME , take it for a test drive, maybe with a motor mechanic. thats if you dont trust them.

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 09:09 PM
Ill keep this post updated tomorrow if im not in prison lmao

smirnoff_rules
28th May, 2008, 09:11 PM
tell the bank u told them not to send the log book aswell ..and u well have to tell the car place too , things r a pain if the cars in your name u know wot l mean

aftermath
28th May, 2008, 09:11 PM
dont go daft mate and end up chinning someone. lol

berley
28th May, 2008, 09:17 PM
some good advice already given you could also try consumer direct,

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/cars/

but from the reading of your first post you were conned into signing for things just to get a test drive and that on its own is wrong

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 09:30 PM
heres the superb dealer if yous ever fancy a new motor

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carsexpress.co.uk%2F&ei=w789SOmTKITm1gaX6NnxCw&usg=AFQjCNFUXBvkkB3HYX1D9L4CxJxB7cfE1Q&sig2=qVm7A56gCuFKICXr6AusZw

the sales man said the had thousands of cars and sites all over the uk seems after a good look there only newcastle and boro based more like a geezer clocked motors im starting to think

:cobblers:

Curious123
28th May, 2008, 09:45 PM
Isn't there a 14 day cooling off period no matter what you sign? If it is in the 14 day period I would tell them where they can stick their car m8 but if you are worried than as devilfish said Citizens Advice Bureau is your best bet.

smirnoff_rules
28th May, 2008, 09:55 PM
dont forget to make a point that he wouldnt let test the car and he gave u a real hard sell and u where there for hours ... thats against the law now

hawkish
29th May, 2008, 12:01 AM
OK OK heres the golden rules to breaking finance -

No 1. Do not let them deliver the car to you / accept the car back into your possesion full stop. The law is clear that if you have not accepted the goods and they are not in your possesion then there is no finance agreement to answer, due to your situation and as you returned the car immeditley then the ball is fully in your court.

No 2. as said above YOU ALWAYS HAVE A COOLING OFF PERIOD - sadly it is usually up to the financer to cancel this claim, contact the finance company to log your complaint and take a name and operator number for future reference.

No 3. remind the retailer that they can have the right to offer finance stripped from their whole company if they breach the law regarding the protection of buyers, always take names when you communicate with them and use recorded delivery for any posted items, some cheeky sods say BS about emails not reaching them etc - the only proper proof of reciept is a recorded delivery slip.

If you would like a hand with your rights post a copy of your agreement here for us to look at - remember to block out your reference numbers and personal details.
From what I have read I am positive that you will definatly get your money back, once we see the terms of finance we can let you know exactly what laws they are breaking.

most importantly - try not to fret over it

Jaffa
29th May, 2008, 12:56 AM
Just be careful and calm.

Cancelling a credit agreement
Credit agreements have a section on your rights to cancel. Most have a 'cooling-off' period where you can cancel, but be careful that if you sign the contract in the dealer or lender's premises, you lose the five day in which you can cancel without penalty. If you have paid half the loan amount, you may be able to cancel certain types of credit agreements such as and Hire Purchase agreements.

That doesnt mean you can't cancel, only that they may charge you a fee.

It will all be in the small print and I am sure you are like 99.9% of buyers who never read them.

Just remember that until you pay the very last payment...the car does not belong to you, it belongs to the finace compnay and it is in their interest to have a sound car.

As stated above...CAB will give you free and probably the best advice on how to proceed.

Good luck to you.

charlie senator
29th May, 2008, 01:17 AM
The be all and end all of it is anything you buy has to be "fit for the purpose"I.e if you buy a kettle it has to boil water.If you buy a car it has to go into gear in a way that you would expect it to.If it does not meet any of these requirements then its not fit for the purpose you bought it.Trading standards will sort it out for you if you keep hammering home the fact that it didn't do what you expected.Go into and out of gear smoothly

Femalelizzard
29th May, 2008, 02:07 AM
OK OK heres the golden rules to breaking finance -

No 1. Do not let them deliver the car to you / accept the car back into your possesion full stop. The law is clear that if you have not accepted the goods and they are not in your possesion then there is no finance agreement to answer, due to your situation and as you returned the car immeditley then the ball is fully in your court.

No 2. as said above YOU ALWAYS HAVE A COOLING OFF PERIOD - sadly it is usually up to the financer to cancel this claim, contact the finance company to log your complaint and take a name and operator number for future reference.

No 3. remind the retailer that they can have the right to offer finance stripped from their whole company if they breach the law regarding the protection of buyers, always take names when you communicate with them and use recorded delivery for any posted items, some cheeky sods say BS about emails not reaching them etc - the only proper proof of reciept is a recorded delivery slip.

If you would like a hand with your rights post a copy of your agreement here for us to look at - remember to block out your reference numbers and personal details.
From what I have read I am positive that you will definatly get your money back, once we see the terms of finance we can let you know exactly what laws they are breaking.

most importantly - try not to fret over it

all i recvied was one sheet of paper stating the price and intrest which was ?5700 with ?1700 intrest after 4 year but only with a monthly intrest of 14apr so if i paid the car off in a few month the intrest would be next to nowt

the have been very clever in not giving us any details about the finace but i know it is the bank of scotland as i heard him on the phone i phoned the manager tonight and asked why the service history was not in the car manual he blamed the garage that serviced the car (today) basically he has no answers and no history for the car but before i signed the finace forms he showed me the service booklet with 2 services hes a 2 bit gangster selling a clocked car and trying to be very wide (but hes dumb i wont let it lie)

Im daft and because he showed me the previous owner and service historty and hpi i gatherd that the would be in the leather manual case when i drove it away (i should have checked ) but hey guess what he doesnt know where the went ? the garage he told me to take the car too was like like a ?300 shed with 2 teenage kids in thats why i dumped the car back at the dealers hes a gangster smoggy with a attidude and a rip off but im not going to take it lying down i want a new car are my deposit back he knew the way i chucked the keys at him im no mug so let him get on with it he has more to loose then me ill print 2000 flyers tomorrow saying car express clocked milage cars 10 a penny and chuck them all over spennymoor (his area) and newcastle city centre he fcuked the wrong punter this time if hes lucky he might not end up with 150 burned cars

but no ones gonna fcuk me with that much money no matter how small i have a big heart and a massive tool lmao fcuk im smoggy twat hell get a battle:stupido:

LMOA :congrats:

<--Femalelizzard added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...-->

all i recvied was one sheet of paper stating the price and intrest which was ?5700 with ?1700 intrest after 4 year but only with a monthly intrest of 14apr so if i paid the car off in a few month the intrest would be next to nowt

the have been very clever in not giving us any details about the finace but i know it is the bank of scotland as i heard him on the phone i phoned the manager tonight and asked why the service history was not in the car manual he blamed the garage that serviced the car (today) basically he has no answers and no history for the car but before i signed the finace forms he showed me the service booklet with 2 services hes a 2 bit gangster selling a clocked car and trying to be very wide (but hes dumb i wont let it lie)

Im daft and because he showed me the previous owner and service historty and hpi i gatherd that the would be in the leather manual case when i drove it away (i should have checked ) but hey guess what he doesnt know where the went ? the garage he told me to take the car too was like like a ?300 shed with 2 teenage kids in thats why i dumped the car back at the dealers hes a gangster smoggy with a attidude and a rip off but im not going to take it lying down i want a new car are my deposit back he knew the way i chucked the keys at him im no mug so let him get on with it he has more to loose then me ill print 2000 flyers tomorrow saying car express clocked milage cars 10 a penny and chuck them all over spennymoor (his area) and newcastle city centre he fcuked the wrong punter this time if hes lucky he might not end up with 150 burned cars

but no ones gonna fcuk me with that much money no matter how small i have a big heart and a massive tool lmao fcuk him the smoggy twat hell get a battle:stupido:

LMOA :congrats:

PS its not even 24 hours since we signed the last finace form so luck is on are side where on the phone 9am sharp tommorow

Neil
30th May, 2008, 11:17 AM
if you took out car finance then you can not sell the car without repaying the finance. I am sure you will have a 14 day cooling off period on the finance that will allow you to give the money back to the bank of scotland.

Be quick and check before the time runs out.

Femalelizzard
30th May, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi thanks for all your help with this I got a phone call yesterday saying the car was fixed and did i want a test drive again so i said yes (had other things in mind)

anyway i went down and got the car but took it straight to another garage where i knew one of the lads he quickly pointed out a new spray job rubber on the pedals were worn and even the back tyres had been changed he says the cars done 140k not 40k he noted all the faults so i went back to the garage I dumped 200 flyers on this blokes desk slating his garage and also threatend him with the police as his car was 100% clocked I even got chatting to the young lads working there valiting they said the car was in a proper mess before it was sprayed and valeted and the were saying all the cars are paint sprayed wrecks

hence i told the bloke even his staff have admitted there rip offs

I GOT MY DEPOSIT REFUNDED AND HE CANCELLED THE FINACE TO A LOSS OF ?200 TO THEM BUT I STILL LOST ?50 IN PETROL AND 3 DAYS FIGHTING AND STRESS A GOOD LESSON LEARNED JUST BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE A RESPECTABLE GARAGE DONT MEAN SHIT IF YOU GONNA BUY A CAR TAKE A MECHANIC

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP THINK IM GONNA GO TO THE SALES AND TAKE A PAL WITH IS THAT KNOWS WHAT HES DOING BUYING A DECENT CAR IS NOT AS EASY AT IT SEEMS AS IM STARTING TO FIND OUT OVER THE LAST FEW MONTH

father ted
30th May, 2008, 10:40 PM
awww well done m8 am glad and i bet you are too thats its over and you have come out with a good result

Jaffa
30th May, 2008, 10:43 PM
Nice to see you got it sorted in the end.

smirnoff_rules
30th May, 2008, 10:45 PM
good news m8 .. and dont get finance from a garage m8 go to the bank .. always show them the cash ..l know they get some back from the finance company's but they still like the cash m8 .. they can hide that

Femalelizzard
30th May, 2008, 10:49 PM
awww well done m8 am glad and i bet you are too thats its over and you have come out with a good result

YEH thanks farther ted im pleased nearly got stitched with 7grand for a painted clocked car with god knows how many miles I cant belive it took so much trouble too get the garage to stop the finace as when we phoned the bank the says only the garage can stop the finace as the agreement was with them.

THIS SHOULD SEND WARNING SIGNS TO OTHER PEOPLE GETTING A CAR ON FINANCE ONCE YOU SIGN YOU CAN STOP IT AS THE AGREEMENT IS REALLY WITH THE GARAGE ???

never knew that but i do now such a shame as when i went back down to get my deposit back there was old folks looking at the car I just took back (I did tell them on the way out to walk away and the did so father i didnt sinn lol)

six2
30th May, 2008, 10:50 PM
just seen this post, glad you are sorted. after reading what iv seen it seems too me it was over priced, iv got 1 on a 06 plate had it 12 month and only paid 9500, its was a ex mobility with 10000 on the clock. i got it from the car people, they have loads of ex mobility and they do have older cars. dont know if its any good to ya

Femalelizzard
30th May, 2008, 10:55 PM
just seen this post, glad you are sorted. after reading what iv seen it seems too me it was over priced, iv got 1 on a 06 plate had it 12 month and only paid 9500, its was a ex mobility with 10000 on the clock. i got it from the car people, they have loads of ex mobility and they do have older cars. dont know if its any good to ya

yeh thanks m8 think im gonna take about 4 grand to the sales and take a mechanic with me should get a decent motor with motorway miles for that

gazz10
30th May, 2008, 10:59 PM
if your talking about markets, you should have look at accident damage markets too, you can pick up loads of decent bargains, some that just require new locks etc and save yourself even more, i used to love visiting them every last saturday of the month and honestly they go for peanuts well some do .

smirnoff_rules
30th May, 2008, 11:07 PM
as u have a bit of spare cash u wont the wifes astra sri 1.7 cdti chipped to 140 bhp lol

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=713292563

Femalelizzard
30th May, 2008, 11:15 PM
if your talking about markets, you should have look at accident damage markets too, you can pick up loads of decent bargains, some that just require new locks etc and save yourself even more, i used to love visiting them every last saturday of the month and honestly they go for peanuts well some do .

nice idea but not good at electrics i can work with new pannels and a spray but thats about it ive bought damaged cars in the past and replacing body parts is 10 a penny but the electrics is a nightmare suppose you should stick to what your good at thats why im going to the pub in the morningn:party:

<--Femalelizzard added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...-->

as u have a bit of spare cash u wont the wifes astra sri 1.7 cdti chipped to 140 bhp lol

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=713292563

smirn id gladly take it as your a top bloke and 100 % trust worthy but as you know im after a big family car estate are a 7 seater etc i have a big bullmastiff
and a ugly wife so i need a big car

smirnoff_rules
30th May, 2008, 11:24 PM
l can put a tow bar on m8 and u can put the bitch in a trailer lol .lm talking about the dog lol ..
shame mint car

Femalelizzard
31st May, 2008, 12:16 AM
l can put a tow bar on m8 and u can put the bitch in a trailer lol .lm talking about the dog lol ..
shame mint car

LMAO ID PREFFER THE DOG IN THE CAR TO BE HONEST :driver:

krazylegz
31st May, 2008, 02:06 AM
well dont go to henson motor group in benton, silverlink or metrocentre m8 in fact any branch.

i've had my megane 1.5dci coming up 3 months now and the engine management light has been on since day 1, it's been into their sh*tty garage at westmoor that they use and every time i've drove it 15miles home then it's come back on again. the diagnostics say the egr valave is ~~~~ed but it's been changed it as they ordered a new one from my brothers work, but it's been back in 4 times since for the same fault so i persume they are just turning it off. i've ring back up on monday to arrange for it to go in again and henson say they'll carry out an independent inspection on it to make sure it's ok before i get back........more like take the bulb out of the clocks lol. so if i get it back ~~~~ed still i'll tell em i want it booked into a proper renault dealer who knows what they are doing or i'm gunna get in touch with finance company, trading standards and dump the car back on their forecourt as i suspect the turbo is ~~~~ed so why should i pay for it when it's under warranty?

sambo
18th June, 2008, 02:39 AM
I'd still do your research :)
I've never owned a renault or used their dealers, but don't assume they know what they're doing or that you'll get the best service from a dealer.

Car club forums are a great way to find a good garage, you can't beat word of mouth reputation, so many rip off merchants about.

rickets
18th June, 2008, 10:14 AM
shame mint car

:rofl: Like it...