PDA

View Full Version : solo2 keeps freezing and loss of picture

picky123
11th August, 2013, 11:56 AM
hi everyone, just had my new solo2 box installed and keep losing picture and freezing on sport channels. total newb so any ideas would be great, thanks.

digicon
11th August, 2013, 12:25 PM
If it is Fine on the Free to Air channels then i guess that has nothing to do with the box and will be something to do with either A: your so callled Gift or B: your internet, if the answer is A we cannot discuss this on the forum

Thanks

picky123
11th August, 2013, 01:52 PM
Hi, yeah it's seems to just be the pay channels. I've just had virgin 60mb with new super hub fitted so how's best to test that? Thanks.

happy_highlander
11th August, 2013, 03:26 PM
Best thing to do with a superhub is put it in modem only mode and use your own router. The superhub is a waste of space as a router. Saying that you will need to tell us how you are connecting to router. Whether it be hard wired, home plugs or wifi

picky123
11th August, 2013, 05:29 PM
It's connected via Ethernet cable.

happy_highlander
11th August, 2013, 05:35 PM
Run a few speed tests on the line (Google speed test) and see if they are all similar. You should be getting around 60mb for download and around 3mb for upload. If that is what you are getting (roughly) then you need to speak to whoever you are getting the "gift" from

picky123
11th August, 2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the reply's, been watching channels for a bit today and it just seems the sport channels that are playing up. Watched movies for a while and all fine then switched to sport and flickers and freezes.

happy_highlander
11th August, 2013, 09:56 PM
If that is the case now before the footie season starts proper then it will become unwatchable as user numbers increase