PDA

View Full Version : internet prob

smirnoff_rules
28th May, 2008, 09:49 PM
ok l have a pc hotwired to a router the router has the xbox in and a dreambox , three lappys wireless and a second pc with a wireless usb , now when the pc with the usb is on its kills the connection to all the computers ?

any ideas

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 09:56 PM
fcuk smirn there is such a thing as trying to hard lmao didnt you get a manual with all them electrics your router must be a belking ( apollo 13 ) and i get stressed over a car lmao

jimbo69jones
28th May, 2008, 10:40 PM
Including the hard wired ones?

i've seen it before where a router was configured as wpa1 or 2, and clients connected to it via wpa1 with no issues. When a client with wpa2 joins, then the others are disconnected as the router chooses the higher encryption.

biffo1
28th May, 2008, 10:46 PM
Hi smirnof , have u tried the elimination process , put them 1 in @ a time , ie try the usb wireless without the rest apart from the obvious hard wire modem to router , if it works , u know then its not a product fault, then connect each pc/lappy/xbox/dreambox, there might b to much also for the router to handle also
hope u get it sorted biffo

Femalelizzard
28th May, 2008, 10:47 PM
Including the hard wired ones?

i've seen it before where a router was configured as wpa1 or 2, and clients connected to it via wpa1 with no issues. When a client with wpa2 joins, then the others are disconnected as the router chooses the higher encryption.

that actually makes sense jimbo make sure all the network sources are on the same encryption :driver: ill remember that when i manage to get my lappys sorted lol

smirnoff_rules
28th May, 2008, 11:18 PM
l have 3 usb wireless plugins and 2 just about work in the spare pc but work fine in anything else and its close to the router aswell and the signals crap ?

must be the way the pc it setup in config in windows , have network magic on all the pc's and theres not a problem with the settings it says ...

strange if its playing up and stopping the router working right ?

<--smirnoff_rules added 23 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...-->

found the problem . the dreambox with a wireless bridge is on the same ip as the spare pc ? the spare pc must be fixed to an ip .. will have a look at it laters .. little ones going to bed

thanks all

Femalelizzard
29th May, 2008, 02:56 AM
l have 3 usb wireless plugins and 2 just about work in the spare pc but work fine in anything else and its close to the router aswell and the signals crap ?

must be the way the pc it setup in config in windows , have network magic on all the pc's and theres not a problem with the settings it says ...

strange if its playing up and stopping the router working right ?

<--smirnoff_rules added 23 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...-->

found the problem . the dreambox with a wireless bridge is on the same ip as the spare pc ? the spare pc must be fixed to an ip .. will have a look at it laters .. little ones going to bed

thanks all

smirn i know you dont ask for help for anything as your so clever lol maybe you just have maxed your router out do you really think 1 router can handle your stuff ? just a suggestion split your cable and buy another router i have a spare router

if you like can post a router for free but you must sort the password for it as i failed lol

<--Femalelizzard added 9 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

i ive just had a look its a lynkys im sure you need it more then me as me little belking does the job lol i only have 2 lappys

smirnoff_rules
29th May, 2008, 06:24 PM
there router can handle it m8

http://www.nortel.com/products/01/passport/8600_rss/images/small_img_a8600_10a.jpg

LOL
LOL

<--smirnoff_rules added 631 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...-->

update

had to move the pc away for the cable wires in the loft conversion ??? where cable comes into the loft and in the splitter is right next to the pc ? moved it 3 foot and alls fine ?

if u switch the pc on without and wireless connected the internet was going of straight away ?

strange one that