PDA

View Full Version : Blade Quad problem - no cable scan and more

DonRosco
29th May, 2008, 03:25 AM
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I've just tried flashing the new Blade Quad image, and i'm having several problems.

First of all, I can't FTP to it. I've tried root/dbox and dbox/dbox and no joy. There's no option for changing the password on the image is there? Also the menus look a bit messed up, at least compared to Blade Trinity. The settings menu looks like this:

mainmenu.tvmode
mainmenu.radiomode
mainmenu.scartmode

etc

all the menus have this kind of weird format. Also, nothing happens when I hit Set My Location.

I would just roll back to the backup I took, but no FTP is killing me. Is there a way to ensure it's on, or set the passwords in tuxboxcommander or something? I don't want to have to get the IFA out again!

Thanks for any help!!

junkiepilot
29th May, 2008, 08:15 AM
can you ping the box?

DonRosco
29th May, 2008, 08:35 AM
Yes, I can ping no problem.

Jaffa
29th May, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me. I've just tried flashing the new Blade Quad image, and i'm having several problems.

First of all, I can't FTP to it. I've tried root/dbox and dbox/dbox and no joy. There's no option for changing the password on the image is there? Also the menus look a bit messed up, at least compared to Blade Trinity. The settings menu looks like this:

mainmenu.tvmode
mainmenu.radiomode
mainmenu.scartmode

etc

all the menus have this kind of weird format. Also, nothing happens when I hit Set My Location.

I would just roll back to the backup I took, but no FTP is killing me. Is there a way to ensure it's on, or set the passwords in tuxboxcommander or something? I don't want to have to get the IFA out again!

Thanks for any help!!

I have had that happen once when the menus messed up but after 1 or 2 reboots it sorted itself out, you should get a pop up when you restart asking you if its English and choose yes, that seems to sort it.

The username is root and password is dbox2 (not dbox) so if it doesnt sort itself out then just ftp the image again and reflash that way.

Erazor786
29th May, 2008, 09:25 AM
Ive had that problem with the menus looking a bit funny, it turned out to be i had to set the language to English and it got rid of it.

Check that the IP set for your network connection is one below the the IP of the box. Its a simple mistake but one ive made many a time :cheers:

DonRosco
29th May, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I tried dbox2 as a password after I posted, still no joy. Also, I do get a language type thing when I reboot, but no options, just an error message or something? Anyway, i've borrowed a laptop with a serial port, so i'll get IFA on the go...thanks for the replies!!

<--DonRosco added 58 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...-->

Yeah, definitely something up. When I go to the first language menu, there's no options, and the Blade settings menu throws this up:

fehler beim oeffnen der datei shellexc

which babelfish translates to: errors with open for the file shellexc

IFA here I come. I'll probably try Blade Quad again, but I have the old one backed up anyway.

<--DonRosco added 134 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...-->

The image went on perfectly with IFA. Looks a lot better now, back to the Blade I know and love, but even better. I forgot to mention, the screen behind the menu on the first bogey install was bright green! Very unusual.

Now, let's see if I can the bloody thing recording to me NAS.

RROD
19th September, 2008, 02:46 PM
ty Jaffa I had a similar prob. I kept entering the password wrong :)