PDA

View Full Version : 2004 acura tl customer key add plus remote car won t crank immo light off

hauwkee
15th August, 2013, 10:49 PM
I add key to acura TL 2004
add keys immo green light went off key log in immo
car start once turn if off program the remote no problem when i try to start car again car won t start no more no crank immo light off
don t know what to do

camelgd
15th August, 2013, 10:54 PM
Is it working with original key? You did program it back in also, I know that you would know to do that.

ray-ray
16th August, 2013, 01:12 AM
Was there a remote start function? Try a non transponder key and see if the light turns off.

hauwkee
16th August, 2013, 03:27 AM
this is another car from annoying used dealer
Car had 1 key not original jet key with the sliding chip in it i think was clone key
i was sure it s a clone key but guy wanted 1 extra key and remote program used one
So i guess when i try to program key key were added immo light off but no crank no start
i believe car need immo reset with diagnostic tool to be running
A mobile diagnostic guy fix it so we all good
Annoying customer put some bad energy into the job every time same customer as RX300

hauwkee
16th August, 2013, 07:56 PM
today went by the dealership starter was burn i got accused of burning the starter
Can someone in this forum have experience with honda diagnostic
i have no problem paying if i did some wrong or break something but i don t think u can burn starter by programming new key to immo and key were log into .
it s the same cheap car dealer as always

ray-ray
16th August, 2013, 08:46 PM
No way that can happen non program keys will not crack the starter. Ignition has 3 position lock, Acc , run wakes up the Ariel and check the rf id & then starter-engages. Time to put them in there place, raise your prices & give them no extra services.

Automat
17th August, 2013, 07:45 PM
That's bullshit, you didn't screw up the starter Hauwkee!! Key programming or any other diagnostics by OBD have absolutely nothing to do with the starter components. What a dickhead...do what Ray said.

hauwkee
17th August, 2013, 07:58 PM
thanks guy for the support and sharing knowledge
as long as the 2 stupid locksmith guys who do jobs for 40 bucks don t wanna raise they prices what about inflation and can we make profit
this is either scammer who low ball or people who kill our profession to charge peanut

ray-ray
17th August, 2013, 11:04 PM
If you give ( for sure they will take ) Dealer's Handbook!
If you look at what other guys charging pricing, you will get his customer. ( Cheap! )
Set your own price and don't drop them (less work better pay and happy day) the right customer will come and stay with you and recommend your service to other's. Soon the word going to spread that your the best in town.

If you had 3 engineer to work on a project. All went to the same school with same experance but different pay rate.
1. Charges $125.00hr.
2. Charges $145.00hr.
3. Charges $225.00hr.
#3 is going to get all the respect and is going to be the leader of the project.