PDA

View Full Version : outdoor security light

loncell
16th August, 2013, 09:47 AM
My neighbors security light settings are mad. It points side on and shines into our bedrooms at night but worse , it keeps coming on about every 10 seconds as though something is triggering it off. I asked the guy but he did nothing so I took a peek myself but I don't know which button does which , here's a picture , can someone lease tell me which button does which ?

cactikid
16th August, 2013, 10:18 AM
middle button looks like moon and sun to determine when you want it on during day-or night time.
is the right one clock dial for how long lights are on for.
dont have info on the third but maybe a sensitivity mode not to turn on by a rat but larger thing?

loncell
16th August, 2013, 11:21 AM
right ,,, cheers bud ,,

cactikid
16th August, 2013, 11:34 AM
if the lights are shining in your bedroom window you need to adjust the lights and camera for no action lol

ifred
16th August, 2013, 06:48 PM
Try point the light at his bedroom window
sure either he'll fix it or get mad :top:

Elric
16th August, 2013, 07:19 PM
get yourself a air rifle and take pot shots at the light

Sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Meat-Head
16th August, 2013, 09:33 PM
if the lights are shining in your bedroom window you need to adjust the lights and camera for no action lol

loncell (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/2739-loncell/)

Join DateJun 2008Posts451Thanks0Thanked 0 Times in 0 PostsDownloads168Uploads0

1) Can you place a mirror in your window to reflect it back.

2) This does NOT work if you have less then 50 thanks on your
profile, or OVER 2 downloads

Get a ?2.99 laser pen and point it at the sensor, rumor states, but unconfirmed, it destroys the sensor.

3) What will work is this if your profile has no thanks on it Industrial 808nm 15000mw 15Watt Infrared Focusable high power laser burning TTL | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Industrial-808nm-15000mw-15Watt-Infrared-Focusable-high-power-laser-burning-TTL-/180943013777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a210b4791)

cactikid
16th August, 2013, 10:18 PM
i got one with a flat battery must root it out lol

Meat-Head
16th August, 2013, 10:59 PM
i got one with a flat battery must root it out lol

Why bother to look for a flat battery?

Intresting as you have more than 2 downloads, but you are VIP so might work, keep us updated.

loncell
17th August, 2013, 06:45 AM
middle button looks like moon and sun to determine when you want it on during day-or night time.
is the right one clock dial for how long lights are on for.
dont have info on the third but maybe a sensitivity mode not to turn on by a rat but larger thing?

Before I pished around with the settings his security light would be on permanently on , like a lowish light but then about every 10-20 seconds it would come on twice as bright and light up both his and my garden and both our back bedrooms.

I mauled with the settings and now its off , no light. I think he thinks the bulbs gone :)

cactikid
17th August, 2013, 07:57 AM
you are doing him a favour saving on the leccy bill lol

delboy13
17th August, 2013, 12:53 PM
i've got same problem empty house and light been on permanently for 2 weeks i might have to go take a look. i reakon on from switch in house bulb would be too hot to touch

Meat-Head
17th August, 2013, 02:46 PM
. i reakon on from switch in house bulb would be too hot to touch

Sorry, need a working copy of brain.exe

two weeks, thats 500 watts per hour, thats 15p on peak every two hours, 5p of peak for 7 hours of the day, that ????? knows what in electric.

a Simple Rock, sparkplug, cinder block, wooden broom handle, or even just give it a smack with a smack with what the frogench refer to a horse, and it might pop the bulb, cost at least ?1 from poundland.

loncell
19th August, 2013, 11:50 AM
Well I've bought myself a solar powered security light and hung it shining into my garden but just the sensor points just enough to light up his conservatory here they live in 24/7 ,,lets see how he ****in likes it. Every time he scratches his balls or leans over for the remote it comes on :)

Meat-Head
19th August, 2013, 06:13 PM
as long as he says 'thanks' and presess you thanks button

thanidar
19th August, 2013, 07:30 PM
stop having sex so much it won't come on as much.