PDA

View Full Version : BMW X5 2002 EDC15 BRICKED - WRONG FLASH FILE

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hi Guys, I need to repair an EDC15 (bmw X5 3.0d) - The customer has tried to flash himself and has used a file with incorrect (wrong) software number. I have removed the PSOP44 and write the original file, it still does not work. I then tried to virgin the EEPROM - Still not working, any ideas guys???

viki300
16th August, 2013, 11:35 AM
you need align EWS and ecu with some tester INPA or P A soft or have you check with tester for DTC maybe bad soldering only

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 11:38 AM
you need align EWS and ecu with some tester INPA or P A soft or have you check with tester for DTC maybe bad soldering only
Hi I have no comms with the ECU at all - so cannot align EWS-DME

ominimicu
16th August, 2013, 11:40 AM
post file you wrote here. Maybe bad checksum...maybe make it virgin.

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 12:54 PM
post file you wrote here. Maybe bad checksum...maybe make it virgin.

Here is the original EEPROM and Flash (Attached) - I have already tried to make it Virgin with BMW ID Editor (still no luck) - No COMMS with ECU

serdarmsc
16th August, 2013, 01:33 PM
are you check internal flash?

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 01:45 PM
are you check internal flash?

internal flash??? you mean the psop44 (29f400BT) - if so what do you mean check??????

mbtun
16th August, 2013, 01:48 PM
Well that's the result of using files from china DVD's :)
Send the customer to a profesional tuner and the problem will be fixed in a few hours.

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hi Just to clarify, I did not flash this car myself - If i did we would not have this issue ;) It was a garage local to me, The file they used was incorrect SW number (Not from China DVD) - I have successfully recovered many EDC15 (and other) ECU's after a bad flash for customers. I was asking for any advise as i have tried a few things already. 1. Removed PSOP 44 and write ORI back 2. Leave ORI flash and Virgin 5P08 with BMW ID Editor 3. Tried another ORI flash file with same SW number with Ori EEPROM and Virgin EEPROM. I have used BMW ID editor before with no problem. There is a checksum issue between the Flash and EEprom i think??? Any clued up DK member willing to help? Thanks

Remapking
16th August, 2013, 03:09 PM
Think i know what to do - i must construct a file from the 'partial' read and the full read i took with programmer ;)

lewich
16th August, 2013, 05:36 PM
Have you tried bootmode with MPPS?

bobolin4o
18th August, 2013, 02:40 PM
I think, because you say ECU not responding, ther is something generaly wrong with soft or hardware...
Imagine... with DIS i made software update on edc16 BMW and i make mistake and chose me9... After that, the ecu was still responsible, and with properly chosen system, the DIS flash it without problems... So?

ecutunigshop
18th August, 2013, 08:36 PM
Have you tried putting the ECU into bootmode?? What other tools do you have ? Where are you ?