PDA

View Full Version : Need a new box

r66bby
17th August, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hey guys,
Iv grown out of my F3 already. Cant fault it really. But want TV in the bedroom, and instead of buying AV senders i thought i could put the F3 in the bedroom and buy a new one for the living room.
I think im going to go for the VU+ range. I rent my house and it only has 1 sat feed to the living room and 1 to the bedroom, and it would a hassle to install a second sat cable.
So i would be looking at a solo box, i know the solo2 box has 2 inputs, but would it be worth the extra money ???
Iv been searching all day to find a comparison and cant really.

Any help would be great. If it makes any difference im living in france.

Thanks

Rob

digicon
17th August, 2013, 09:19 PM
If you cant install the second feed then you have a wide range of choices for a single tuner receiver from closed source to E2

Technomate, Vu+, Xtrend, Dreambox clone, Venton, Gigablue the list really does go on.

r66bby
19th August, 2013, 09:52 PM
Can I not use the internal link for recording?
Apparently if I put a single feed into tuner B and have tuner A run off tuner B I can record one channel while watching another?

ramjet
19th August, 2013, 10:06 PM
Can I not use the internal link for recording?
Apparently if I put a single feed into tuner B and have tuner A run off tuner B I can record one channel while watching another?

only if they are on the same transponder , if one channel is on a vertical lo and the other is on a horizontal hi then its not going to allow it

so a limited functionailty - yes