PDA

View Full Version : 500cs

johnydun
25th April, 2009, 06:37 PM
Hi I have just bought a Open Media 500cs a couple of weeks ago the unit is not showing pictures excpt on the free channels all other channels are there but no picture??it seems there is something wrong in the Emulator section all that is showing is Evocamd 2.12 ans i'm sure there were 2 settings for this?? i wonder can anyone help me with a suggestion on how to reset this as i have done factory reset several times and nothing works so far....cheers John

delboy13
25th April, 2009, 07:09 PM
what image is on box have you ftped the roms over

Devilfish
25th April, 2009, 07:11 PM
What image are you using?

Has the box ever shown premium channels since you've got it?

The box doesn't come ready to decrypt premium channel, it's a free-to-air receiver. If you want to watch premium channels for free then you need to add files to the box yourself.

Download files from here...

http://rapidshare.com/files/186278803/db_keys_and_scce.zip

Delete the contents of the /var/keys and /var/scce folder on your box.

Copy the contents of the keys folder in the rar to /var/keys and the same with the scce folder to /var/scce.

Go to sky sports 1, press MENU > SHUTDOWN > reboot now

When it reboots, flick to sky sports 2, wait 5 secs, the flick back to sky sports 1. Wait until the channel comes on.

johnydun
25th April, 2009, 07:37 PM
the box received all channels when i bought it and everything went off last week no picture on any channel i powered it down and restarted it and all i can get now are free channels i have factory reset it a couple of times but still the same...i will have to take it to someone as i have no clue about anything technical and i'm worried about making things worse but thanks for your very fast replies

Devilfish
25th April, 2009, 07:43 PM
Go to sky sports 1, press MENU > SHUTDOWN > reboot now

When it reboots, flick to sky sports 2, wait 5 secs, the flick back to sky sports 1. Wait a few mins until the channel comes on.

.: JaCkPoT :.
25th April, 2009, 11:20 PM
You will have to wait for auto update to kick in..the trick mentioned above should do the trick...:)