PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark printers

halau
25th April, 2009, 08:04 PM
Looking for some remarks on the lexmark printers and cartridge availability (cheapy ones)

gmb45
25th April, 2009, 08:13 PM
Looking for some remarks on the lexmark printers and cartridge availability (cheapy ones) not as good as hp m8, but yeh the ink is cheaper, some1 gave me a lexmark brand new and its still in the box in the cupboard, hp cartridges r bout the dearest but u can refill them,just keep your fingers away from the metal contacts, i swear by hp m8 and the printers r quite cheap and as ive said u can refill the cartridges just be carefull

forntida
27th April, 2009, 08:19 AM
Yes! I have a HP. I had a Lexmark but it was cheaper to buy a mew Lexmark(with ink) than buy just catridges.

I think the users of the internet should get together and bring down the price of ink catridges. What is it. A piece of plastic(4p), water(0p), ink powder(3p), a small chip(5p). Total 12p. Cost: anything from about 700p to 1900p. A bloody disgrace.

Don't get me started on razor blades.:banghead:

gmb45
27th April, 2009, 09:36 AM
Yes! I have a HP. I had a Lexmark but it was cheaper to buy a mew Lexmark(with ink) than buy just catridges.

I think the users of the internet should get together and bring down the price of ink catridges. What is it. A piece of plastic(4p), water(0p), ink powder(3p), a small chip(5p). Total 12p. Cost: anything from about 700p to 1900p. A bloody disgrace.

Don't get me started on razor blades.:banghead: yeh razors r a disgrace i seen some in morrisons ?15 for 6 heads u dont even get the handles talk about a rip off

caveman_nige
27th April, 2009, 10:58 AM
Looking for some remarks on the lexmark printers and cartridge availability (cheapy ones)

halau, have you actually bought one yet or are you looking for reasons for and against etc?

Personally i would not buy one, or a HP either (hardware is OK, software is poor). Your best bet when buying a printer would always be Canon.

Inks vary thesedays, some manufacturers come up with cunning tech ways to stop people buyings inks from other manufacturers (not that it stops them for long).. Pick the printer that you like and check out fleabay and tescos etc for spare ink prices before you buy it.....

stringy09
27th April, 2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah i would always check the price of replacement cartridges before even looking at what make of printer to get.

I have both Epson & Canon printers, what makes them both cheap to run is the fact they take individual ink cartridges. So one for black, a separate one for cyan, etc etc.

If you stick to printers with this setup then cartridges tend to be cheaper, and you only replace the ones that are empty.

I would say i use the epson more for photo printing qualities and the canon for day to day stuff.

Canon also produces excellent photo prints but not a patch on the 8 colour R800. Canon is still a 6 colour printer but the epson is top notch.