PDA

View Full Version : motorised dish help

tgvirus99
19th August, 2013, 02:27 PM
ok so I have standard digital dish with 4 way Lmb and iv seen a few places selling just the motor, could someone tell me if you can fit this to a standard digital dish, and also if I can keep it attached to the wall in the same place or will it have to be moved, I know this is another question but does anyone know if it possible to receive some American channels here via satellite or is that not a possibility im hopping for amc HBO and Bravo. I did a search and fond something called a slinbox? thanks in advance.

ramjet
19th August, 2013, 02:32 PM
ok so I have standard digital dish with 4 way Lmb and iv seen a few places selling just the motor, could someone tell me if you can fit this to a standard digital dish, and also if I can keep it attached to the wall in the same place or will it have to be moved, I know this is another question but does anyone know if it possible to receive some American channels here via satellite or is that not a possibility im hopping for amc HBO and Bravo. I did a search and fond something called a slinbox? thanks in advance.

in a word - NO is the answer to almost everything you asked about

your current sly dish points at 28 east and there is no evidence provided that you have a south facing wall to allow you to get the southern satellites from 45 east to 45 west passing through due south

the motors are designed to fit with dedicated dishes that allow for motorisation , which sly dishes are not (there are many types of sly dishes with various brackets)
the sly dishes are designed and built for one task only and they do that very well , but if you want a motorised dish then you want a proper sized dish fo between 80cm and 110cm and a decent motor to go with it, like the darkmotor superior or technomate 2600, and heavy duty wall mounts like T-K brackets and a piece of scaffold pole

we cannot actually receive usa channels here in the uk, its just not possible to "see" their satellites, although you will find the odd channels on 15w and 22w

all a slingbox does is "sling" your existing sat box channels over the net

it may help you to read through this guide I made ages ago http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f11/new-sat-setup-301108/

tgvirus99
19th August, 2013, 02:56 PM
thanks for your help I will read your guide thanks