PDA

View Full Version : 3pm Kick offs - Eutelsat 7

robbie9897
20th August, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this but I'm interesting in getting the 3pm Kick off's which I now believe have been moved to Eutelsat 7 - 7.3W - Would a dish size of 1 Meter be sufficient as My location is North Wales?

Thanks,

nowuckinfurries
20th August, 2013, 10:29 PM
Taken from a sticky above:

Nilesat-101 & 102 ------------------7 ---------120 to 150cm {for vertical transponder's} for Horizontal Tp's 240cm + but no reliable reception possible in the UK as we are well outside the service area for this satellite,best reception is on the South coast of the UK, North of Birmingham reception drops off considerably due to the curvature of the earth,
AtlanticBird-4 ----------------------7 west No reception possible in the UK,

Nutsandbolts
20th August, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to this but I'm interesting in getting the 3pm Kick off's which I now believe have been moved to Eutelsat 7 - 7.3W - Would a dish size of 1 Meter be sufficient as My location is North Wales?

Thanks,

Hi. You can find 3pm kickoffs on many satellites not just 7 west. Most of them of course you have to pay for. You best bet is the BULSAT channels Diema and Nova Sports on 39 east whcih are opened with latest keys. In London with a 1m dish 7 west is easily picked up with around 400 channels at the moment.(including JSC sports etc).

Regards.

robbie9897
21st August, 2013, 07:53 AM
Many Thanks for the replys,

Finding lots of use full info on here - defo going to need a bigger dish but also debating between a Dreambox 800 and Vu+ - what would your recommendation be when using with a motorised dish?

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 10:10 AM
if you are buying a linux box then buy a genuine vu - no question (DMM havent made the 800 for several years anyway)

nowuckinfurries
21st August, 2013, 10:30 AM
Many Thanks for the replys,

Finding lots of use full info on here - defo going to need a bigger dish but also debating between a Dreambox 800 and Vu+ - what would your recommendation be when using with a motorised dish?

Having had both .Vu hands down

septicsmurf
21st August, 2013, 02:30 PM
Another vote for vu+. Solo2 and duo2 are awesome.

robbie9897
21st August, 2013, 03:30 PM
Vu+ Solo it is, any recommendations where to purchase a genuine box as the ones on Ebay seem to be all clones?
Also what price should I be looking at paying for one?

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 03:36 PM
Vu+ Solo it is, any recommendations where to purchase a genuine box as the ones on Ebay seem to be all clones?
Also what price should I be looking at paying for one?

check goldwafers for genuine boxes with prices (my genuine duo came from there)

septicsmurf
22nd August, 2013, 07:26 AM
World-of-satellite is another good trustworthy supplier.
Can also get a ?5 discount if you join their forum and ask for a discount code.

robbie9897
23rd August, 2013, 10:24 AM
That's Great - your help has been appreciated :)

If we were looking at streaming the footy for the 3pm games with al jazeera - is there any media players which once setup are easy to use for users which very good with computers?

leez
24th August, 2013, 07:23 PM
ive just bought a solo vu and the tuner is absolute crap ...

Docker Doyle
31st August, 2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Bud,
Where would i find these Keys and what are they, New to all this sat stuff

ramjet
31st August, 2013, 01:19 PM
Hi Bud,
Where would i find these Keys and what are they, New to all this sat stuff

in the vu and dreambox forums , and named softcam

its a txt notepad file with a different suffix containing the decoding keys for bulsat and a few others (for patched boxes)

Docker Doyle
31st August, 2013, 01:48 PM
How do you get them into the box ?

ramjet
31st August, 2013, 02:29 PM
depends on the box