PDA

View Full Version : Pli to commando14.7 issues on dm500s

TestyRound Eye
21st August, 2013, 01:35 AM
Hello, I have renamed commando14.7 to root.cramfs.img then transferred to tmp folder via FTP. My problem is when I try to do manual update on dm500 I don't see an image on screen. Is there any special tricks adding commando when I have pli installed?

psats
21st August, 2013, 10:34 AM
use dreamup.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

PaphosAL
21st August, 2013, 12:57 PM
I've seen this cramfs method of reflashing OpenPLi to something else mentioned here on D-K, so I thought I would give it a whirl.

1. Backed-up my C14.7 image to /tmp and transferred it to pc with FlashFXP
2. Transferred OpenPLi_Maxvar.img to /tmp and reflashed via the C14.7 Services menu
3. Went MENU > Setup > System settings > Software update > manual upload
4. Followed the instructions to copy root.cramfs to the /tmp folder and then press OK
5. Transferred my 7.75mb C14.7 Flash w/o Bootloader backup 'as' root.cramfs to /tmp
6. Pressed OK and away it went, woo!

So it looks like the OP's problem was using the wrong filename, or maybe looking in 'Backup/restore' instead of 'Software update'?

I'd recommend this method to anyone, it's dead easy, almost as easy as Commando, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

TestyRound Eye
21st August, 2013, 08:43 PM
I can get the root.cramfs.img to tmp folder but when press ok to the manual update instructions to rename file it transfers me to a software upgrade page but it is empty. it asks me to select the software version to upgrade to but nothings there. I tried dreamup but I cannot connect to my dm500s with crossover cable. I do not have a null modem cable.

psats
21st August, 2013, 09:30 PM
you could use the telnet method.
put your 14.7 in temp rename it as backup.img
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f34/guide-flash-backup-image-via-telnet-760/

TestyRound Eye
21st August, 2013, 09:51 PM
Thank you :-))). Got it installed finally using telnet. Woohoo

psats
21st August, 2013, 10:27 PM
Thank you :-))). Got it installed finally using telnet. Woohoo

get youself a null modem cable as backup

TestyRound Eye
21st August, 2013, 11:05 PM
Thanks for your help!

PaphosAL
22nd August, 2013, 10:23 AM
I can get the root.cramfs.img to tmp folder but when press ok to the manual update instructions to rename file it transfers me to a software upgrade page but it is empty. it asks me to select the software version to upgrade to but nothings there. I tried dreamup but I cannot connect to my dm500s with crossover cable. I do not have a null modem cable.

Did you not read my post above yours, where I explained that the image must be named root.cramfs in order for enigma to detect it? It would make a lot of sense to rename it on your PC before FTP transfer, or Transfer 'AS' and remove the unwanted .img extension at that point. Or in FTP, right click it in the /tmp folder and 'Rename'.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot force it to drink... Welcome to Commando 14.7 anyway!

Cheers- AL :)