PDA

View Full Version : thor & Sirius 4,8 E

spainfinder
21st August, 2013, 06:15 PM
Hi Guys , has anyone fitted a 1 mtre dish with monobloc lnb to pic up, thor & Sirius 4,8 E ?

Nutsandbolts
21st August, 2013, 06:39 PM
Hi Guys , has anyone fitted a 1 mtre dish with monobloc lnb to pic up, thor & Sirius 4,8 E ?

Hi. The gap between the two satellites is around 3.8 degrees so you will need a 4degree monoblock , not sure if they make them as they usually were 6 degrees. Or you could try two LNB's connected via a diseqc switch or do what a lot of people do and buy yourself a motor. A motor like a TM2600 is easy to install but it needs a bit of time and common sense to do. As you have a 1 metre dish a motor is worth considering.

Take care.

happy_highlander
21st August, 2013, 06:53 PM
Hi. The gap between the two satellites is around 3.8 degrees so you will need a 4degree monoblock , not sure if they make them as they usually were 6 degrees. Or you could try two LNB's connected via a diseqc switch or do what a lot of people do and buy yourself a motor. A motor like a TM2600 is easy to install but it needs a bit of time and common sense to do. As you have a 1 metre dish a motor is worth considering.

Take care.

0.8w to 4.8e is 5 degrees by my maths but I'm probably wrong

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 07:54 PM
its actually 5.6 degrees separation and a 6 degree monoblock should be ok, depending on your worldly location of course

happy_highlander
21st August, 2013, 08:00 PM
Lol knew my maths would be wrong.

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 08:42 PM
Lol knew my maths would be wrong.

lol, not as bad as some other members maths skills though ;)

spainfinder
21st August, 2013, 10:59 PM
Hi guys , the location would be Liverpool UK, Would a 1mtr dish be ok ?

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 11:02 PM
Hi guys , the location would be Liverpool UK, Would a 1mtr dish be ok ?

it would definitely get them but not an ideal location so dont expect to get booming signals on the offset lnb
the ideal location is scandinavia which is a common thing for them over there to do

I think you are better to spend the money on a motor and use a standard lnb, that way your dish and inverto ulra black lnb will get the best signals from the sat the dish is pointed at

digicon
22nd August, 2013, 12:25 AM
Should be OK but have 4.8? east as the main focus as the nordic beam on there is weaker than 0.8? west, But i concur a motor will give you more possibilites