PDA

View Full Version : english commentary....??

ozshea
21st August, 2013, 08:42 PM
hi there, does anybody know if theres english premiership soccer with english commentary on 13 or 19 east, if not could anybody point me in the right direction for english commentary, thanks

petrol
21st August, 2013, 09:25 PM
the only 1 that a english com is on jsc 6 hd on 7.3.west abd u need a sub card for them

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 10:12 PM
I think that from now on hobbyists like us are going to have to be less "picky" about the audio language and be thankful if we get pictures , with ANY commentary at all
if you bought an actual ticket and went to the match you would not get commentary , just comments from those around you with groans and chanting etc
I have never understood this obsession with wanting somebody talking all the time whilst we are watching football, in any case when the commentator says rooney or fabregas or terry we get the name no matter what language it is, or no matter what language we speak

most of the english commentary channels have gone, those that are left we cannot get apart from the more usual subbed ones, or maybe by streaming over the net like the aljazz option

make the most of whatever you have, because looking for something that isnt there wont help you find it

happy_highlander
21st August, 2013, 10:56 PM
I prefer it with audio 2 lol just the stadium noise suits me fine. Them italian commentators get way to excited

ramjet
21st August, 2013, 10:59 PM
its also fairly easy to rig up a radio 5-live feed to a boombox or stereo or use a radio with delay options and watch the match on tv with the radio feed synced in somehow, or maybe stream the radio from a laptop , all sorts of workarounds for those who need it

happy_highlander
21st August, 2013, 11:20 PM
I gave my son exactly the same response as your earlier post about the the names being the same in every language. However foreign commentary wasn't good enough for him. Well not until the season kicked off proper and he parked his ass next to mine foreign commentary and all.

digicon
22nd August, 2013, 12:32 AM
Just a heads up but the only English commentary trough Radio is via the Airwaves in the UK either FM or DAB, as early last year i upgraded my A/V receiver to one that lets me use the Internet radio and feed the HDMI picture through at the same time until when i watched my beloved team on the radio came around 20 seconds at 3pm then an announcement " Due to copyright reasons Blah Blah unable to broadcast please tune to Local DAB or FM to listen" not too happy i can tell you.

When they do eventually play at 3pm theres an FM aerial going up on the roof in preparation LOL

ozshea
22nd August, 2013, 02:02 PM
watched chelsea and villa on fox sports hd last night and it was grand, when my mates come knockin to watch 3pm games im sure they will get used to it very quickly, either that or they watch nothin lol

alec
22nd August, 2013, 02:17 PM
hi there, does anybody know if theres english premiership soccer with english commentary on 13 or 19 east, if not could anybody point me in the right direction for english commentary, thanks
Most of them talk crap anyway, I would like the option of just having the atmosphere of the crowd.

ASEK
22nd August, 2013, 02:24 PM
think there used to be that option way back late 90`s on cable boxes u could switch gray of and listen to fans, anyone remember?

digicon
22nd August, 2013, 06:33 PM
There are other Channels out there that can easily be picked up and have 3pm's with english commentary not just JSC the only reason they dont get mentioned is because the encryption they use means its only available via an official box/card combo.

But as mentioned why do people get hung up on English comms as has been said whatever the language you can still follow the game easy enough

robbie9897
23rd August, 2013, 10:17 AM
watched chelsea and villa on fox sports hd last night and it was grand, when my mates come knockin to watch 3pm games im sure they will get used to it very quickly, either that or they watch nothin lol

We watched it also on Fox Sports but also used Talk Sport for the commentary - which we then put through a PC and delayed the sound by using a little program - worked perfectly!

rigsby71
23rd August, 2013, 11:35 AM
This subject is getting a little boring now, there must be dozens of threads on this subject. Why do we need another one ? Suggest we close this one.