PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox ex7000 problem after updating firmware.

kingeasynow
27th April, 2009, 06:21 PM
Firstly apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find a similar thread.

I have updated an ex7000 with the latest firmware (initially using the USB method but have since also tried the null modem).

After the box installed the firmware the display on the front went from the countdown to installing the firmware to displaying a message saying "now booting..." this will stay on for a few seconds, flash off then re-appear.

The box itself does not output anything to the TV, either through scart or HMDI.

I have tried installing older firmware (including the FTA 090402) that I found on here, but I'm at a loss.

Has anyone encountered anything similar? If so a solution to my problem would be a godsend. Or does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.:top:

kingeasynow
28th April, 2009, 08:00 PM
on a sidenote the file main_090122.tbn, how does this differ to the other flash files and if it to be applied should it also be renamed flash.tbn?

thanks.

mike281180
28th April, 2009, 08:04 PM
in order for the file to work you need to rename the file to flash.tbn. this will work fine,

kingeasynow
28th April, 2009, 09:13 PM
Still exactly the same problem. I'm currently using the rs232 cable to flash the box as my usb key isn't with me.

I open STB Manager, select my flash.tbn file > send it to box > it downloads on a counter on the box display to 99 > it then repeats the counter but for the writing stage.

Then the box display flashes off and comes back up with " now rebooting..."

Where it constantly repeats the message.

I'm stumped!

mike281180
29th April, 2009, 05:40 PM
put the file onto a usb pen but make sure the file reads flash.tbn
make sure your ex7000 is switched off.
stick the usb pen into the usb slot at the back and switch on. it will then read the file and write to system, it reboots then works, that is exactly what i do and it works.
if yours doesnt work then your box may be faulty.

kingeasynow
30th April, 2009, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately that's what I'm thinking. Obviously suppliers won't touch a box if they've been flashed but i assume if i put the FTA firmware back on they'll have a look at the box and see what the problem is?

mickbustin
2nd May, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hi, is the original firmware available online, I'm useless at this computer larky and cant find it??? Cheers in advance

kingeasynow
4th May, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the original free to air channels firmware is on here. One of the mods might be able to point you in the right direction.

godding4
1st July, 2009, 05:42 PM
everytime i try the download it wont open it. Its just saying find or save and then goes on to windows when i press find but doesnt find anything. Any help please.

gazza2008
1st July, 2009, 05:48 PM
everytime i try the download it wont open it. Its just saying find or save and then goes on to windows when i press find but doesnt find anything. Any help please.

u dont open anything u put the file onto ya box and open it via ya box

tal1959
4th September, 2009, 10:05 PM
I have updated ex7000 hd+ with latest firmware 120309rar but all channels are scrumbled. I live in london, Englead. please let me know what to do. Download:Download:

tal1959
4th September, 2009, 10:06 PM
please let me know what to do. after updatind with 120309 rar all channel are crambled

tal1959
4th September, 2009, 10:09 PM
I updated my ex7000 hd+ box with firmware 120309rar but all channels are scrambled. I live in london, Enngland. So please let me know what to do.
Thanks

Hob
4th September, 2009, 10:45 PM
:beer:Far to:beerglass: many:beerglass: sherbets:beerglass: tal1959.:beerglass::beer:

Swiftie
4th September, 2009, 10:52 PM
Believe it's Menu -> Ok -> 1968

abdulzahra
8th January, 2010, 04:49 AM
my ex7000 has the same problems. showing all channels but scrabled. How do you go to the main menu and press 1968 noting hapens!

Bob Stains
8th January, 2010, 11:06 AM
I had a problem 'renaming' the file properly until I (after advice!), realised it needed to be 'unzipped' using an 'unzipping' program.

Then I 'renamed' it and transferred to usb pen.

This may be obvious to some but not to others including me!

chic.
8th January, 2010, 11:20 AM
google winrar download it and use it to unzip the file then rename the flash FLASH.TBN put this onto your memory pen then into the box switch off/on and the box will find and install the flash. ps 1968 will not work on that box.