PDA

View Full Version : Passat B6 lost key, help required please...

u.s
27th August, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hi Chaps,

Need a bit of advice and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
A friend bought a Passat B6 from a salvage yard but the car didn't have a key! :nightmare:
Now he's asked me to have a look and see if I can sort it.
I don't have AVDI, just EPROM programmers, my soldering iron and my Launch x431.
From reading around I think I need the CS (to program transponder) and Pin (to match key to car).
So question is how do I get this info?
Do I need to extract the data from the ECU or BCM EPROM?
Which unit and which EPROM please?

Thanks in advance.

AUTOREPAIR1
27th August, 2013, 05:19 PM
yes from the comfert control module i think post dump and some one may help you with pin

robert81
27th August, 2013, 08:10 PM
you need to read 95320 from comfort which is underneatch the glovebox.
then someone will give you CS and pin. but you still need someone who will pre-code tranpsonder with correct cs for you.
alternativeley you can read ecu....

super jumbe
27th August, 2013, 10:13 PM
I have done this when all keys lost on Astra 2007 I went to dealer and show them all documents and they ordered new key and I just had to programme job done.

If I were go to dealer and ask them for a duplicate key, in the long run it may work out cheaper, because even if you managed to get the code and read the EPROM you still have to buy the transponder key at a cost.

keygargoil
27th August, 2013, 10:56 PM
depending on the year and engine type 6 - 7 btes from the ecu and pin from the comfort all 7 and pin but its encrypted so you will need to see what ecu is in it

u.s
29th August, 2013, 08:23 PM
Comfort Module eprom dump attached.

Please can someone find CS and Pin code.

Many Thanks

autofan1965
29th August, 2013, 09:01 PM
Login: 15877
VIN: WVWZZZ3CZBEXXXX45
Comp.: 6C 52 AA 00 54 1B D9

sparkz02
29th August, 2013, 09:54 PM
How do you guys get the CS code, on vvdi I can get the pin but not the cs code.

autofan1965
30th August, 2013, 12:23 AM
PIN, VIN and 4 from 7 byte CS are crypted diffrent. At this time only tango can decrypt all 7byte.

keygargoil
30th August, 2013, 01:47 AM
tango has a conponant security viewer it xhows xcs and pin for all vag group immo files

sparkz02
30th August, 2013, 12:41 PM
Do owners of Tango think its a good tool and would suggest buying one? I'm still on the process of trying to find something for eeprom work.

u.s
9th September, 2013, 01:20 PM
ok chaps, need some further info/help on how to program the transponder using Tag Key Tool please.

If i select the 'Key Tool' option and then select 'VW Passat 6/CC from comfort and EDC16/MED9/PPD. Megamos 48' then 'Load Dump' and select the 95320 comfort module dump attached above i get an Error - Dump is not correct ???

If I select 'Megamos 48' from the list, I see some fields Page0 to Page15 but where do I put the CS bytes?
or do I use the 'Production Menu' and select TP23 first ?

many thanks in advance.

autofan1965
10th September, 2013, 05:06 PM
When you dont have proper equipment, write cs to old vdo can dash, prepare tp23, write key to this this dash and then program to passat with vcds because key will be precoded with correct cs.

u.s
10th September, 2013, 05:21 PM
When you dont have proper equipment, write cs to old vdo can dash, prepare tp23, write key to this this dash and then program to passat with vcds because key will be precoded with correct cs.

Thanks for the info mate, can you please elaborate on 'write cs to old vdo dash' and 'write key to this dash'?
You've already supplied me with the CS and PIN, so do I really need to do the above?

Many thanks for your help so far.

autofan1965
10th September, 2013, 07:46 PM
Immo3 and up have cs inside key. Immo3 write cs to key durning keyprogramming. Immo4 dont send cs, its only proof cs is correct then go next stage and write id from transponder in memory. When you dont have any device to write cs to key you can do it simply by generating tp23, then copy cs 7th byte from immo4 to immo3 and perform normal learning procedure.

u.s
23rd September, 2013, 10:24 AM
Just to update the thread, the key was programmed using vag fvdi and the car now starts.
Thanks to all for your help.